Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your "dream outfit"?

My dream outfit would be anything in a size 8.

My SUPER drea, outfit would be a size 6.

V274787.jpgThis is MY dream outfit, along with my DREAM BODY!!! I'd love to be able to wear something like this, but I also know that I'm delusional if I think I could ever wear it!:thumbup:

I would love to be able to wear a little black dress, not a big black muumuu! Nothing with spaghetti straps though, because I believe the batwings would detract somewhat from the over all appearance.

Oh, and thong underwear by intent, not as the result of creepage!

A cotton sundress, light and airy.

I want to look good in a prom dress. I have never found one that looks good and I love to dress up. Since I didn't go to my prom I want to have a "prom" party when I lose weight.

These are all great ideas, girls!

RSG, I just got an invitation to a "Second Chance Prom" that a local Lap Band surgeon is having for his patients! You should mention it to your support group and see if they might be interested in doing something like that. Unfortunately, I had no desire to go to my first prom and I still don't have the desire. I don't think it had anything to do with being fat, though, I think it was because I was anti-social.

I didn't go to prom because I couldn't stand the hillbillys I grew up with. Two girls actually showed up in a camo dress. Not even the "fashionable" camo but the kind that has real pictures of leaves and bark on it.

I just want to wear the pretty dress.

I wasn't anti-social growing up, I was anti-preppy. Esp. anti-preppy hillbilly.

Tapshoes, your reply made me laugh out loud! I have my dream outfit already in my closet. Believe it or not, I still have two skirts that my mom bought for me my senior year of high school, circa 1983. I loved them so much, I could never bring myself to get rid of them. One is red, the other black. They button up the back and fit very close. They have two little pleats at the waist, so if you don't have a flat tummy, you shouldn't wear them. My dream is to get into those size 7 skirts and actually look good. The last time I wore them, I was 120 pounds. Doc says I should only go to 135. Maybe with a lot of help from a plastic surgeon, my dream will come true....

It was just my goal to be able to buy anything that took my fancy, lol, in normal stores.

Well, most of us cant wear absolutely *anything*, there's still some styles that I will never be able to do - skinny leg jeans for instance. But I can shop where I want and pretty much buy what I want now and even though I havent been fat all my life, I've never been able to shop this easily in my life before.

Tapshoes, your reply made me laugh out loud!

Me too Tapshoes. About spit Water on the keyboard laughing.

Fun thread!! Well as much as I really want to wear a bikini too (I'd even be ok as a chubby girl in a bikini, I just don't wanna be a ginormous cow in a bikini!)... I'd say my actual dream outfit would involve khaki cargo pants. I always assumed they'd be cute on me since they appear to cover up stuff, but nope, I end up looking to the biggest blob when I was going more for a Jennifer Aniston kind of look lol!

A bathing suit that I don't have to cover with a t-shirt and anything in a size 12. I haven't worn a size twelve since 1968. (I was in 9th grade)

Little black dress with CFMB's!

I haven't owned a dress since I was about 14 and would love to get into a size 14 without "wide load" being displayed on my bum!

CFMB's here in oz and probably other areas are Come F*** Me Boots..not that I need that as I a married woman with three kids!! :biggrin: As we are heading into winter here, I might just be able to slide into some this year.

I am 40 in 10 weeks time, and I would just love to be able to wear both. :lol:

I think it was because I was anti-social.

I knew there was a reason I liked you. :biggrin: