Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No one know i have had lapbanding

I'm still pre-op, but I have only told the five most supportive people in my life.

When I was low carbing and lost around 80 pounds (regained lots of that), people would ask how I was doing it. I was glad to say because I had such success, but some people would then want to debate the pros and cons of a low carb diet. I found myself defending my decisions at a birthday party and at a gathering of friends.

At this point, I really do only want support. I have done all of the research, educated myself, consulted with healthcare professionals. I know the risks and know that the benefits outweigh the risks for me.

So, for me, it's more a matter of privacy (at work) and not inviting negativity (from well-intentioned?) friends.

I also figure I can always tell more people -- but I can't untell someone who ends up being a goofball about it.

On your "matter of privacy", I totally agree as well(also with the other stuff you said). People who don't know me or don't know me well don't need to know my business, I'm a very private person. I just want support from the people who matter most to me and from new friends I've come to trust and respect. The forum is great too but that's totally different than your whole neighborhood knowing your personal biz especially if you're just neighbors and not much more :biggrin:.

I agree completely. I just tell everyone now that I am cutting back. I think the big think in our heads is what if we fail or what if I don't lose the weight as fast as people think I should. I have 2 friends at church that had gastric bypass and are losing weight fast. I have 1 friend that had lapband and everyone is always asking her about her weight lose. I think it is because my lapband friend isn't losing as fast. People don't understand the lapband like they do gastric.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches