Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG!!! Liquid Diet

Ok.. so here im sitting and i get a call saying "oh this is melissa from Western surgical i forgot to let you know we need you on a liquid diet for 2 weeks prior to surgery so you need to start, like today"

Then she told me to call the local university and find out about the liquid diet supplement they have and to get started on that....

HAHAHAHAH OMG i just called the university.. $200 bucks!! they need 200 bucks.. and Im supposed to start TODAY.

so im in tears.. i dont know what to do we cant come up with 200 bucks and i dont know what to do.

she said GNC has something for 800 calorie liquid diet and when i called them they said they had no idea what it would be except "hollywood diet"

Someone PLEASE help me.. what the hell do i do?????????

You can get 24 cans of low carb Atkins shakes for 26$ at costco.

They have plenty of nutrition for two weeks.

If you drink 4 a day.. (they are very filling) It will only cost you about 60$

You can drink other things too, like crystal lite and diet pop and zero carb drinks..

they told me "800 calorie liquid diet" you cant just drink anything it has to be this food supplement"

i called back.. of course our surgical office has like 2 day hold period when u leave a message at least it seems that way

I dunno.. IMO its important you loose some weight to shrink the liver and not have a bunch of bulk in you to inhibit healing..

Any liquid diet will do those two things.

Its only two weeks.. your not going to lose much nutrition in that time.

BUT.. YOu need to floow their rules OR they may not treat you.. I dont know how strict they are about that.

If you absolutely do not have the money.. I see no other choice than do what you can.

Otherwise you have to find the money somehow..

I wouldnt give up though.. if you cant get through to them.. start the GNC thing (other products from costco are the same as the GNC stuff) or do something.. and hope it will be ok with them.

ok i called them and basically said I cant afford this there is absolutely no way.. wow i got a call back real fast

so instead of the $200.00 for this other stuff.. i buy one can of Isopure for $35 that will last 2 weeks + probably the first week or two post op.

so i get to take that 8 times a day, mix in Water and NOT EAT ANYTHING ...

what a horrible thing to throw at a person like me with no notice at least its not gonna cost me 200 bucks tho!

oh and futher more... it abosolutly PISSES me off that my own surgeons office would recommend me to do this $200 thing when as the nurse said "this does exactly the same thing for $35"

damn it why didnt they just tell me that in the first place before they gave me the biggest stress attack to date!!

Katerzz~ I wanted to let you know that if they are telling you to do Isopure you can get it mixed up already at GNC. It comes in a bottle. This might help if you wanted to take it with you when you are on the go!!

Hey Katerzz, I'm so sorry you are having such stress. Yes, it was really sucky that they sprung this on you at the last minute, and then said "oops, our bad."

well i got the isopure.. i choose to get the "strawberry cream" kind

all i can say is

1. it tastes like chalk

2. i cannot believe that not only i have to stop eating food, but i have to replace it with this crap

3. i keep saying to myself.. damn i lost my 2 best friends.. cigarettes and food.< /p>

4. i can only mix it with Water.. so maybe i can double the amount of Water and it wont be so bad

5. i am angry as hell that i have to drink this stuff 8 times a day. without being able to get used to it first

also.. it was 37.99 at GNC for 5.5 days worth so i have to get 3 cans of this stuff.

all i can say is this surgery better be worth it!!!!!!!!!!!! YUCK!!

All I drank was Carnation Instant Breakfast. I did that for 10 days, 5 times a day. It is really hard, cuz you will be real hungry, but it is something they have to make you do. They told me to soften up my liver. I made, so can you!

You have me falling off my chair laughing. I totally hear you about Protein Drinks, they tend to be some of the nastiest things ever! I have found one that's alright at Super supplements called Ultimate Lo Carb whey powder, I bought the "natura" flavor at $8.99 a can it contains about 15 servings, 20 grams of Protein per serving, no fat and 1 gram of carbohydrate per servig. I mix it with Water, a large dolop of sugar free coffee or italian soda flavoring to kill the smell and it's actually pretty good. Good luck with your journey I'm several weeks behind you and will have to start that phase the beginning of May. I actually found out about it here rather than my Dr's office and emailed the nutritionist to ask about it.

Morning #1: a.m. drink.

I literally had to get a straw to swallow this stuff. Does anyone have ANY suggestions??

I tried to freeze it a bit to "cool it off" so maybe it wasnt so chalky.. well no matter it still has the grainy feel to it.

I couldnt imagine warming it up.. so ill skip that

i think i figured out how it makes you loose weight... YOU THROW UP! =)