Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded two years; Going on Nutri-System

DITTO! Nutrisystem food is the worst. Yes, I lost weight on it, but it was because the food was so bad I threw it back up from gagging on it. Literally. If you're hurling up everything you eat, yes, you'll lose weight, but how nutricious is that? It didn't last long....

I did nutrisystem before the band, didn't loose any weight and the food is just awful!!! Nasty nasty nasty stuff! Before you go and spend the money you might want to get on ebay and try some of the stuff out first. I have a lot left over because I didn't cancel my subscription in time, if you want to try it I'd be more than happy to sell you what I have. I live in Ga so I don't know how much shipping would be, but let me know....I need to get on the ball and sell this stuff before it goes out of date! I am just trying to warn you though it really does taste awful. Oh yeah, plus if you watch the commercial there is a disclaimer that says "results not typical" when people say how much weight they have lost. You might want to also look into the medfast diet, my friend started that and she says the food is tolerable. Like I said, I'll sell you my stuff if you are intrested but I want you to know that it tastes horrible. Pretty much any diet you can think of that sells food you can find it on ebay so you can try it before you buy into the whole program. Medfast is the same. I stress to try the stuff before you spend the whole $250 on the program just to make sure you can handle the taste of the stuff!

I tried Medifast and didn't even make it through a month - that stuff is NASTY. Every time I had to eat I had to force myself, the taste, the smell... ;)

However, welcome back, and good luck with whichever route you go! You can do it. :wink2:

I am glad someone could finally give first hand input of the medfast diet. I would totally hate to be the one to persuade someone into getting it just to find out it is nasty too. I was considering the medfast too, but since I had such a horrible experience with nutrisystem I was kinda shying away from it. Thanks Ang for letting us know!

I am glad someone could finally give first hand input of the medfast diet. I would totally hate to be the one to persuade someone into getting it just to find out it is nasty too. I was considering the medfast too, but since I had such a horrible experience with nutrisystem I was kinda shying away from it. Thanks Ang for letting us know!

Heh, my pleasure. I knew a guy friend that did it for a few months and was quite successful and he didn't mind the taste however my fiance tried some of the (LOTS of) left over stuff I had after I quit (probably $150 worth) and he could barely get it down too. Eventually I just threw it out but yah, if someone does want to do Medifast I do HIGHLY recommend getting a sample pack first before investing a lot of $$ into it. Everyone's tastes are different but in my opinion... yeck lol

I'm telling ya, Lean Cuisine is the way to go! I had a chicken panini sanwich for lunch that was awesome.

As a matter of fact, someone walked through the kitchen here at work and said how good it smelled. I said lean cuisine! When I took it out she looked at it and said "Lean Cuisine? Wow!"

I'm having a deep dish 3 meat pizza for dinner. :redface:

I love Lean Cuisine's too. My doctor said I could not have them. Too much Pasta etc. He told me that if I am going to have a frozen meal then I must buy South Beach Diet frozen meals. Has anyone asked their doctor about frozen meals?

I had lost about 60 after the band, then gained about 15 over a 4 month period.

I have gone to low carb (basically Atkins), and have dropped 25 in about 6 weeks.

Low carb is the only diet I have ever tried over the years that worked and I could stick to.

It also helped that I read "Good Calories Bad Calories" by Gary Taubes.

I had lost about 60 after the band, then gained about 15 over a 4 month period.

I have gone to low carb (basically Atkins), and have dropped 25 in about 6 weeks.

Low carb is the only diet I have ever tried over the years that worked and I could stick to.

It also helped that I read "Good Calories Bad Calories" by Gary Taubes.

Awesome possum! My food intake amount has stayed constant for over a year without needing another fill (7.5 in an 11cc band) because the low-carb lifestyle has "pulled" my sweet-tooth and has kept my appetite in control. For me, the band and low-carb keeps me happy and healthy.