Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did Stomach Go Back To Normal after Removal ?

For those without slippage or erosion did your stomach go back to normal ?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. For those without slippage or erosion did your stomach go back to normal ?

• My stomach feels the same as before band
    • My stomach feels permanently altered
    • My stomach took time to recover, but is now back to normal

For those that removed lapband for reasons other than erosion or slippage did the band have any permanent affect on your stomach. Did your stomach go back to normal ? If not what did you experience ?

Edited by ramone

hey there, i had mine removed 3 days ago and would like to know the same thing. Im wondering if my stomach will ever be normal?

Sorry to hear you had to have yours removed. Is everything alright now ? Hope you feel better :-)

thanks for the support:smile: Im just taking 1 day at a time, trying to get back to a normal diet. Im trying to be patient but its hard because its gonna take a while i think before i can eat real food.:smile: Have you had your band removed?

That is good to hear. No I have not even gotten a band yet. I just wanted to know that if I did remove it, would my stomach go back to normal. How long did u have urs in ?

I started depending on phenergan to be able to eat without throwing up and eventually that stopped working for me. everything i would eat would make me have acid reflux and indigestion problems. I put myself on a liquad diet for 2 months just so i wouldnt throw up before they removed my band.

What is Phenergan? Had my band 1 year ago and since my second fill, I am sick all the time. Also Acid Reflex at night. Yesterday I got sick on a cup of jello.. Geri

I had a fill two days ago and feel sick but without restriction? Did that happen to you? I think I have a leak but the fill people say no. If I had it to do over I would not have had the band. Getting one in Mexico was a bad choice because of fills in the states fills are everything and they can really screw you up. Now what do I do the fill people have put 9cc in a 10cc band but under fluoro they extracted 5cc but said I dont have a leak. do the math

I had mine removed in Feb...Only thing I feel differently is that I seem to be running to the bathroom more often; I dont know if that has anything to do with the band or not..My stomach feels ok..lots of burping...feels good..haha..I just keep forgetting that now I can drink with my meals...4 years of not drinking till an hour later...

Why did you have your band removed? I have started the process to have mine removed it's been a year and having all kinds of problems.

geri

:thumbup:

Why did you have your band removed? I have started the process to have mine removed it's been a year and having all kinds of problems.

geri

Hi Geri

I was really doing well the first year to a year and a half...I never even had a fill till 6 months. I lost 70lbs in total. I started to get the fills in Sept. and thats where the trouble began. My weight was at a stand still...but I was maintaining it...Then the you know what hit the fan...My mother passed away..menopause started and lots of other things. I tried to eat whatever I could that wouldnt get stuck including ice cream...Of course, all the weight returned...and if you gain any weight, just like a belt that band gets tighter..even with nothing in it. So there I am...back to square one..No matter what I ate (even a weight watchers meal) wouldnt stay down....barf...so I have been struggling over the past year trying to play trial and error on what to eat..I said..this is crazy cause Im not getting my veg or fruit req in....My dr. said after a few years the band just stops and my body would be used to me at one weight. I never reached my goal either! So, now Im trying again to either do Nutrisystem or Weight Watchers or something and increase my Water and exercise. Wish me luck!

Libralin

Did you have your band removed? If so did you need to stay overnight in the hospital?

Just came back from being tested in the hospital and they still can not find anything wrong. But still having a hard time eating and reflex

I told them I want the band removed they are starting the process.

Geri

Libralin

Did you have your band removed? If so did you need to stay overnight in the hospital?

Just came back from being tested in the hospital and they still can not find anything wrong. But still having a hard time eating and reflex

I told them I want the band removed they are starting the process.

Geri

Hi again.

I had it removed in Feb. No overnite stay..same as when they put it in...Recovery a few hours and leave