Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery this morning!!

I too was banded on 4/1....I am struggling...not w/regret really, just I am quite uncomfortable (port site) and so itchy!!!! And watching my family eat is tough...I have to be on liquids for 4 weeks...

I apologize for whining...I knew what to expect, it's just a little harder than I thought it would be...

Thanks for letting me vent, Erika

Oh yes....one thing that helps with being on a clear liquid diet is my trident bubble gum. It helps with the urge to chew and is quite refreshing.

I will keep you posted. :frown:

Just dont swallow it!!! :tt1: That could be bad.

I am a gum swallower so no gum for me. :sad:

Hang in there Erika, you will make it through this. Wow, four weeks on liquid sounds tough. I wonder why different surgeons have different post op instructions? I kinda got a little hungry yesterday but the feeling passed. I had myself a banana popcicle and that did the trick. I am on all Clear Liquids and they recommend sugar free popcicles and such but darn it....I needed that banana popcicle and it was yummy!! LOL

The second week I can start on the full liquid diet. I am so looking forward to having something with substance. Hmmm, I have been looking forward to having some grits with cheese. That is on my menu plan, I promise!! Doesn't that sound delicious? (I am from the south...what can I say...born in North Carolina and raised in Texas) LOL

Here is a sample of my week 2 menu that I am so looking forward to:

8:00 am - grits with cheese

10:00 am - 4 oz sfree pudding with 1/2 scoop Protein

12:00 pm - 4 oz cream of Tomato Soup

2:00 pm - 2 oz applesauce

4:00 pm - 4 oz milk iwth 1 scoop Protein

6:00 pm - 4 oz baby chicken & apples or 4 oz pureed spaghetti

8:00 pm - 4 oz yogurt with 1/2 scoop protein

And here is even better news. I have a t-shirt on that used to fit so snug and showed all of my fat rolls. I am now wearing that same tshirt and it is fitting me better, almost kind of loose. That makes me so happy. I know we are having to deal with the aftermath of surgery but one good thing that I don't miss is the feeling I used to get after I would binge on junk food and fatty foods. You remember that miserable feeling you would get with no energy, feelings of guilt and just overall not feeling good about yourself? I don't have that feeling anymore. Woo Hoo!! I have a better energy about myself since my surgery and I am looking forward to my new beginning. I can't wait until I am healed. I just want to go outside and Water my plants and enjoy the sunshine. :frown:

I know there will be lots of ups & downs along the way but I'm certain that the journey is worth it. Are you with me April Avengers?? :tt1:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches