Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*sigh* The good and bad of new clothing.

I went to Gap on my lunch break today. First time I've been in one in years. Hell, since I've been old enough to shop there, in fact! I was, like, 10 the last time I was in their sizes. I think I've found a new addiction, just wish I had more money to pay for it! :lol:

Anyway, I fit in their 12s. And they'd look GOOD, too, if it wasn't for this damn pannus! I'm gonna have to break down and get some Spanx or some other type of Shapewear, 'cause that was just icky. They fit EVERYWHERE except right at my stomach, below my waistband. I could button them, zip, and sit down in them with no wrinkles or bulges (other than what I'm bitching about). I've just got so much lose skin on my tummy that it compresses it and make it look like a 2nd rear end, and a lumpy one at that. :)

Now, I'm sure it didn't look as bad as I thought it did ('cause you know our eyes go straight to what we KNOW is wrong), but it was still depressing. I'm gonna go get a body suit thingy sometime this week and go back and see if they look better. I did get a pair of shorts that didn't do the 2nd ass thing, though, and a couple of t-shirts. Found a really pretty dress, too, but I need a petite size in it and the store doesn't carry them. Not sure if I'll get it online, though, since it was a guazy white one and I get paranoid in gauzy crap. :smile:

I hear ya. My size 16s are skin tight on me with my pannus. I can't wait to get it removed on the 21st. Most likely that will put me in a size 14.

LoL.

I care, just going through the same thing. Looks like I have a big camel toe, but it's really just my flabby deflated belly.

Tunics.. tunics.. tunics..

I did get the Barely There Shapewear camisole things someone recommended when I ranted about being different sizes all over. I don't know that they hold anything in so much, but they don't roll up, and they keep all my bulges from jiggling. So I can wear more fitted shirts without looking bad.

Very neat you can shop in gap though, I have never been able to shop there, or thought to try now. hm..

I'm nowhere near your weight yet but I too have trouble with my huge stomach. I look almost normal from my, dare I say, tiny waist up but then have this gut that falls over my thighs. I like showing off my waist but unfortunately can't because if I wear something fitted then it means that my gut is showing and I can't have that. So, for now, I live in tunics and baby dolls. I feel so deformed, ugh...

LoL.

I care, just going through the same thing. Looks like I have a big camel toe, but it's really just my flabby deflated belly.

Tunics.. tunics.. tunics..

I did get the Barely There Shapewear camisole things someone recommended when I ranted about being different sizes all over. I don't know that they hold anything in so much, but they don't roll up, and they keep all my bulges from jiggling. So I can wear more fitted shirts without looking bad.

Very neat you can shop in gap though, I have never been able to shop there, or thought to try now. hm..

YES! That's exactly what I was thinking in the dressing room, "#@*% GIANT CAMELTOE!" I tried on a body suit thingy (the ones with the built-in bra) a few weeks ago, but didn't get it because I didn't want to spend $50 at the time. It did hold me in (or at least, smoothed me out) quite a bit. *sigh* I think I'm going to have to go back. I have to wear the ones with the bra, though, 'cause the panty girdles just roll down on me. They never hit at the right spot, either, and I get a very obvious indentation.

I'm short, so I have a hard time pulling off tunics. They make me look like a midget. I did get my first ever pair of capris the other day, though, which I'm absolutely thrilled with. In plus sizes, they were all still too long to look right, even in petite lengths (those stupid manufacturers think that women get taller as they get fatter). I pretty much stick with t-shirts and the occasional button-down (as long as it doesn't have 3/4-length sleeves, which my arms are too short to pull off).

Yup... the ones I got, the camisoles are long, they tuck UNDER my pannis so everything is nice and held tight. They are only $15 each on the website.. I tried them on at JC Penney to find the right size (the website gives you what your size "should be" based on measurements).. it was right in my case, but I wanted to try them on and make sure.. It wasn't much more expensive in the store, like $25 I guess.. But $15 is hella cheap for Shapewear, so I ordered 3 different ones. They are about the size of one of my boobs though, DH didn't believe me when I said I could put it on hah hah.

And Spanx brand rolls up on me, these didn't. And they do have semi-kind of cups for the boobs, my only complaint on these is that they do hold me in more than I'd like on the chest.

Anyway, check out the Barely There!

Yup... the ones I got, the camisoles are long, they tuck UNDER my pannis so everything is nice and held tight. They are only $15 each on the website.. I tried them on at JC Penney to find the right size (the website gives you what your size "should be" based on measurements).. it was right in my case, but I wanted to try them on and make sure.. It wasn't much more expensive in the store, like $25 I guess.. But $15 is hella cheap for Shapewear, so I ordered 3 different ones. They are about the size of one of my boobs though, DH didn't believe me when I said I could put it on hah hah.

And Spanx brand rolls up on me, these didn't. And they do have semi-kind of cups for the boobs, my only complaint on these is that they do hold me in more than I'd like on the chest.

Anyway, check out the Barely There!

Definitely will!

people are going to think i work for the Avenue.

i LOVE thier body shapers... they do let you try them on.

i get just the biker shorts that are SUPER sucker inners and they do not roll down on me. they are $28 each.

and yes, the 'beloved' camel toe ... ick ick ick ... hated mine and so glad i got rid of it.

They say misery loves company..........if so I am in good standing---I hear ya, I feel your pain. I would be in a size 12 comfortably without this gawdawful belly hang.

My paperwork is at insurance now and is predetermination in review....in other words someone who has never seen me, knows nothing about being fat---is probably a size 5--is deciding whether or not I get my TT. Nerves are making me nutso!!!

Kat

Hmm I tried to post this question once before but it went page couldn't display for some reason....

So pardon my fashion-ignorance but what's a "tunic"?

A shirt that comes down past the hips.

il_430xN.15898191.jpg

Oh yeah, BTW that is me. Hiding my camel toe. Rofl.

I went clothes shopping yesterday, and I felt like one of the "before" pictures for tummy tucks. The good news: I actually fit into some size 6 pants, which I don't remember ever doing since I was about . . . prenatal? The bad news: everything showed the big roll around my waist, which is flabby enough to grab and shape into interesting sock puppet impersonations. Then my son called to say he met with his college advisor and he needs two more years (years 5 and 6) to get his degree, so it doesn't look like I'm going to have any extra money for surgery in the next few years. I was shopping for exercise clothes since I'm starting a dance exercise class today. I didn't want to still be the fat girl there, but it looks like I will be.