Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dumb question..don't yell...

See, I don't look at the band as a precursor to a permanent diet. I see it as a tool to help me eat right and make sane choices. I am not banded yet (big YET) but I will be soon, and already I see myself making those changes that the band will afford me. I eat smaller meals, I try to make a conscious effort to chew my food and chew it some more if I have doubts about how much I chewed.

I have been trying my damnedest to steer away from reeses Peanut Butter cups (they are my one and only super hero weakness) but easter got me again with those damned reeses eggs. Although this year I was in charge of what I ate and how much of it I ate!! Small changes but changes none the less.

You are not asking stupid questions, its something everyone goes through. I know I had moments of panic about certain things. But then the sane part of my brain took over and here I am, still going through the process to get my band in. This is something I WANT and NEED to assist me to a healthier life. It wont fix me, but it will damned sure help me fix myself!!

These are some great posts, guys. I'm in the "jitters" stage too...wondering how it will be. Kinda like having my first baby - the "great unknown" thing!! My problem is also Portion Control. I eat pretty sensibly, just too much. I had stomach issues during my pregnancies where I couldn't eat much without feeling full. I actually lost 15 - 20 lbs DURING pregnancy! I think this may be a simular feeling I'll get with the band. I'm also hoping that any pb's or sliming will be a deterrent from me eating improperly. But, I am still wondering how I'll deal with "head hunger" and the whole lifestyle change. Again the great unknown! From what I've been reading here, I know the band is a tool and I will still have to make a sincere effort at this.

PS I have NEVER eaten canned chicken!!

Blund, my third pregnancy was like that, Eliza was high and breech and I got full on hardly anything. Being banded for me is very like that!

Cool, Jacqui! I was hoping so. It felt full and kind of uncomfortable.

Its strange. For years I've been wondering how I could get that same feeling again without being pregnant! I would gain LOTS of weight after delivering and during breast-feeding. I was searching the web, and found out about the band, and then that TV commercial with the lady and the lion being her hunger came on. (A Lap Band advertisement.) It was like a sign to me.....thats what I've been looking for!

I eat canned chicken all the time, and canned tuna. It's not a whole chicken. lol It's the size of a can of tuna. I don't want to cook to get a small chicken salad and I don't go catch a tuna to have a tuna sandwich. I chose both meats packed in Water. Yep, I eat canned meats.< /p>

I worry a bit that people say they "can't" control portion size or food choices. Of course they can. They just don't. I just didn't. Now I do. I have a tool to help me. I still have to make the choices.

Don't give up your power, because you will be the ones in charge of your eating patterns post-banding. I think that regaining power is something to Celebrate, not to fear.

Keep on trucking. :blush:

I gained a lot of weight whilst breastfeeding too - in fact probably 2/3 of my excess weight was directly as a result of breastfeeding - which I did for six years in total - plenty of time to get fat!

I haven't had my first fill so right now I am the one controlling my portions. You use a measuring cup and measure or weigh everything. It's hard at first but I feel like I am creating good habits for when my band is tighter. So far I have lost 29 pounds since banding (6 1/2 weeks) so I'm not complaining one bit.

I lost weight while pregnant (morning sickness all day and all night) but packed it on while breast feeding.

GOSH! So many others GAINED while BFIng! I thought I was nuts! I'm like, isn't this supposed to help me get some weight off, by burning extra calories??? I was ravenous all the time! Like a crazed animal looking for food! I couldn't eat enough, and 5 months later, it continues....I'm NEVER full, so I am praying to God this helps me, I just wanna feel satisfied. Both my PGcies I ate what I wanted pretty much, but certain things turned me off, so I only gained 30-40 with each andlost it right away. I"m heavier now than I was 2 weeks after having DD #2, go figure....