Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

well I will say it isnt fun staring at the toliet bowl but its NOT the same as true vomiting. I too had only done it a few times in my life (not counting my undergrad drinking years).

Never had a stomach bug up until the last 2 years and most recently back in February....that with the band is AWFUL! But I survived.

One of the most difficult things about the living with the band is its always changin, you never know how, when, and what will affect you. So its mostly trial and error and that frustrates people.

OH, I'm with you. I started to use the kitchen sink, though, because often when I use the toilet I get splashed. GROSS! I had a piece of pizza for lunch---YES, Jay, just ONE. (And, while I think of it, Jay...you're definitely still in need of restriction. Keep at it. You'll get there. I have a tough time getting down one small piece.....) No issues, no problems. Went to dinner with my best friend and couldn't get down chicken, which is never a problem. Even the Peanut Butter icecream pie came back at me afterwards. Not a good eating night....but ate only a piece of pizza all day long.....go figure. Just when I thought it was getting better, tonight sucked. :rolleyes2: Oh, tomorrow is a new day. Maybe I just need get in a run. :crying:

I think I am going to go the Brigham group on Tuesday. Is anyone else going?

OMG am I STUCK! I now get it. I've been lying on the bathroom floor for like 30 minutes, waiting for this to pass....NEVER had it this bad before and now truly understand why it's called "sliming". So even though I had issues with being tight before, I've never had this happen. I wish I had a great story, as Jay would, but I don't. I was simply watching tv with my goldfish and not paying attention to how much I was eating when I suddenly felt this pressure in my abdomen. So, it wasn't something I didn't chew well enough---just too much, I assume. Now I see why people worry they're going to choke and die. It definitely feels like it affects your breathing, though I know logically it doesn't. Usually I just take a good drink of something and wash it back out, but that's not working this time....SO I'm nearly a year and a half out and finally, I get it.....

No meeting for me tomorrow night. I'm hoping to go out. Have fun if you do go, and find out which meeting the Plastic Surgeon is attending in June, please? :rolleyes: Thanks. 70s on Friday, 80's on Saturday. Bring on the warm weather...

How awful! I know that you will recover from this as all the accounts I read of this 'backing up' go away with time. But the waiting for things to subside must be horrible.

Sending good thoughts your way and hope this gets corrected soon so you can relax the rest of the night.(sans goldfish..no doubt you will despise the cute little things from now on.)

I plan on going tomorrow. Have my second consult in the morning. Hopefully everything will be good for me to go to the meeting...the past 2 months I had illness, appointments, a wake, a funeral...you name it.

The board has been quiet these days. Perhaps it will pick up soon.

I am eager to hear of the guest presenter re: plastics, and will get info and post if no one else does.

Enjoy the nice weather... some of us who are not yet banded, myself included, dread the hot weather for various reasons..taking off the coat and being seen in all our plus sized glory is not a pretty sight or comfy feeling. I know that the Band will help me with many things..hypertension and also self esteem.

Hope you feel better soon,l2t.

Thanks Singing.

I just want/need to warn you--I'm not looking forward to wearing a bathing suit either. Down 100 doesn't reinstate self confidence when things hang where you'd rather they didn't. It's still just as hard to buy clothes, if not more frustrating. At least before I always knew to just grab the largest size and move on....

OH, and I found the worst store in the history of the world to shop at when you're feeling less than confident.....Frugal Fannie's. Thought I'd stop in to pick up a few things, but at 300 pounds I never tried stuff on....so I didn't know about the OPEN fitting rooms. Yeah, not a good day to wear bad underwear. WHO thought that an open fitting room would be a good plan? Oh, the heathen......Didn't realize I wore a thong----probably because I forget I'm wearing it. I think I nearly gave the old geezer beside me a heart attack. With the right shirt, you can't tell I'm wearing it from behind. While I didn't look as bad as the lumpy broad beside me, that old lady nearly died.

Finally annoyed by her staring, I suggested she invest in some thongs--told her that her lover might appreciate them. :crying:

I had no idea FF was still in business! The one in Brighton closed, and I thought that was the end .

Several years ago there was a company that rented out an empty building near Meadow Glenn Medford for a few days every year. The sale on name brand plus sizes was fantastic..only thing..cash only, no returns!

The dressing room(singular) consisted of a curtained off area with the curtain made from a huge piece of cloth hung on a string! The sights were horrific! (I include myself) and it seemed that some made no attempt at being discreet either.

Great Springtime buys on suits and coordinates, though.

So my second consult went very well. I was given the option of being Banded next week as someone canceled. However, I opted to wait for a Faulkner appointment... to happen in about 4 weeks. The Good Doc seemed pleased with my meager attempt at losing weight in preparation for the day. That way I can shop for the appropriate liquid and Protein needed. I usually do yard work for the

summer during that weekend, so that will give me time to get that all settled and out of the way. (can ya tell I'm type A ?!)

So, looking forward to attending the Support meeting tonight.

ttyl

singingintherain

"thinking" - I'm scheduled for May 13th too!! Maybe they can put us in the same room post-op!

I'm going to the group tonight - I look forward to meeting everyone!

"thinking" - I'm scheduled for May 13th too!! Maybe they can put us in the same room post-op!

I'm going to the group tonight - I look forward to meeting everyone!

Ladies, the benefit of the Faulkner is the single rooms---NO roommates! Good luck! Enjoy the meeting. :smile:

Thanks for sharing your experience at FF, someone suggested that place to me but now I’m not going to bother. I am sure they don’t have anything I can’t get at the Basement or TJ Maxx or Macy’s on sale.

I cannot believe that was your first stuck experience l2t7. Mine most recently I think was me eating too much for my band to tolerate and then it all coming back up repeatedly for a long period of time with slime. Then my stoma would be tight and I would have to go easy with the foods for a day or two. I do recall about a month after my second surgery I had an episode where I had the WORST ripping pain I had ever experienced and it lasted about 10mins. It was borderline excruciating but the food past and the pain ended. I thought for sure I was going to die.

Got a slight unfill this past Tuesday as I was experiencing more and more food intolerances and the beginning of heartburn. Last night I was able to enjoy a steak dinner (although a tiny portion) and had no problems. Even just the act of removing the Fluid and reinserting has an effect on that temporary restriction bc today I feel no hunger and had to remind myself to eat..

How did the meeting go last night?

I was at the Brigham on Tuesday too, but I ended up getting a fill, I havn't needed one for a whole year, this is my 1st day so far so good, just having Soup, and yogurt, and try food in another day or so.

Hey everyone sorry I haven't checked in in a while, but april is the cruelest month. I don't know who said that but so far it's been correct, at least on the professional front. I know I shouldn't complain because at least I still have a job....I hate when people say that, I can still complain it's my right as an american.

Anyway, I go for another fill tomorrow, hopefully i'll get some restriction. I walked a 5k today so my legs are burning. How is everyone else?

Hey everyone sorry I haven't checked in in a while, but april is the cruelest month. I don't know who said that but so far it's been correct, at least on the professional front. I know I shouldn't complain because at least I still have a job....I hate when people say that, I can still complain it's my right as an american.

Hi Jay... my surgery scheduled for May 6 with Dr. R. will probably be pushed back, since I had an asthma flare, was put on steroids Thursday, and I got sicker Friday night and was sent by Urgent Care by ambulance to hospital to be admitted... fortunately the situation turned around and they let me go home early in the morning, then called me back in for a CT scan with contrast... which turned out NORMAL... but they want me to see a pulmonologist.

So with my pre-op eval. scheduled for Tuesday at the Weiner Center, and visit with Dr. R. afterwards - I am quite sure everything is going to be pushed until a Pulmonologist will sign off on the Surgery, not to mention the weight gain from steroid caused Fluid retention... and probably cannot stay strict pre-op when so sick...

I am not going to let this get me down though... I just ordered a feather bed for the post-op need for fluffy-luv, and a bunch of low-glycemic vegetarian and vegan cookbooks from Amazon for my post-op reading, to prepare for post-mushy phases and a new lifestyle.

:laugh: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Anyway, I go for another fill tomorrow, hopefully i'll get some restriction. I walked a 5k today so my legs are burning. How is everyone else?

Good job on the 5k.. :laugh:

I see doctor R. tomorrow afternoon for a weigh in. I honestly haven't been trying as I have been back and forth with my decision to go through with this. I was diagnosed with not mild, nor moderate, but severe apnea. 60 times an hour which is once every minute. No wonder I'm always sooo freiken exhausted!! Not to mention my narrow airway, combined with what she said I may have a harder time waking up. I'm scared out of my mind for this reason only. I'm starting to feel selfish as I have a 4 yr. old and a 2 yr. old that depend on me for everything. I know some of you have small children and had the surgery. Please tell me this is normal to feel and everyone goes through it.

My surgery date is scheduled in a couple of weeks and don't know if I'm mentally ready. I know I've posted this before I'm sorry, just freaking out a little, ok a LOT!!

I believe best of luck with everything and I hope you are feeling better.

Hi Jay... my surgery scheduled for May 6 with Dr. R. will probably be pushed back, since I had an asthma flare, was put on steroids Thursday, and I got sicker Friday night and was sent by Urgent Care by ambulance to hospital to be admitted... fortunately the situation turned around and they let me go home early in the morning, then called me back in for a CT scan with contrast... which turned out NORMAL... but they want me to see a pulmonologist.

So with my pre-op eval. scheduled for Tuesday at the Weiner Center, and visit with Dr. R. afterwards - I am quite sure everything is going to be pushed until a Pulmonologist will sign off on the Surgery, not to mention the weight gain from steroid caused Fluid retention... and probably cannot stay strict pre-op when so sick...

I am not going to let this get me down though... I just ordered a feather bed for the post-op need for fluffy-luv, and a bunch of low-glycemic vegetarian and vegan cookbooks from Amazon for my post-op reading, to prepare for post-mushy phases and a new lifestyle.

:laugh: :thumbup: :thumbup:

My surgery was pushed back a week and then almost pushed back again because of a heart issue. But the date was here before I knew it, it'll be alright!

Good job on the 5k.. :laugh:

I see doctor R. tomorrow afternoon for a weigh in. I honestly haven't been trying as I have been back and forth with my decision to go through with this. I was diagnosed with not mild, nor moderate, but severe apnea. 60 times an hour which is once every minute. No wonder I'm always sooo freiken exhausted!! Not to mention my narrow airway, combined with what she said I may have a harder time waking up. I'm scared out of my mind for this reason only. I'm starting to feel selfish as I have a 4 yr. old and a 2 yr. old that depend on me for everything. I know some of you have small children and had the surgery. Please tell me this is normal to feel and everyone goes through it.

My surgery date is scheduled in a couple of weeks and don't know if I'm mentally ready. I know I've posted this before I'm sorry, just freaking out a little, ok a LOT!!

I believe best of luck with everything and I hope you are feeling better.

I'm horrible at giving advice to other people, so keep that in mind when I say the following:

I don't think what you're doing is selfish at all. You're doing what you can to be there for your children as long as possible. And it's not like if you don't get the band you're in the clear. The reason sleep Apnea is dangerous is because it can kill, and you need to do what you can to get that taken care of and getting the band will aid you in that process. Many, many, many people have apnea when they get this surgery, I was diagnosed with it also and I came out of it just fine, and I also have a narrow airway.