Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This thread is going to be sooo inappropriate!

Tanny,

I wasn't sure when you were getting it fixed you said you had to wait on insurance or something before, good luck with that. I've had to deal with issues with my daughter who had RNY in May with a stricture and spent way too much time at the hospital this week!!! I'm basically a worrier anyway but when it comes to your own kid it's magnified! Sometimes I wish there weren't WLS anymore!! take care Nancy.

You tell em Fanny!!

-cough-cough-cough-cough-cough-cough-

:lol:

:crying:

Sometimes I wish there weren't WLS anymore!!

:crying::der::lol:

Yeah froggi,

Don't expect me to stick up for you anymore, you're one to talk..............:crying:

Sometimes I wish there weren't WLS anymore!! take care Nancy.

I'm sure glad there is!!

But there are kool-aide drinkers here.

Did somebody say "Kool Aide"?!?

*bursts through wall*

Oh Yeah......

Really, there are nice DSers and even some of the more aggressive ones can be very helpful to non-DSers about insurance and surgery choices.

Yeah, I'm sure there are lots of laid-back DS-ers. More power to them. We're all in the WLS Soup together. All my jabs were directed at the crazies (kool-aide drinkers, to use the excellent terminology of Mac....although I suspect few people remember Jim Jones nowadays) who militantly defend the DS as the come-all be-all of WLS.

To be honest, Mac, I haven't seen very many banders here that are quite that aggressively pro-band (or.....maybe I am one of those and that's why I don't see it? That'd be ironic).

I get being an advocate for your tool. I understand that 100%.

What I *don't* get is why they have to be so full on about getting every WLS'er to have a DS, and attacking everyone who doesn't agree with their choice.

If an RNY, sleeve or LapBand work for a person, why not just leave it at that. It just sounds like they are trying to justify their surgey type. Like they have to keep proving to themselves that they made the right choice by picking the DS. Fear will do that I guess.

I get being an advocate for your tool. I understand that 100%.

What I *don't* get is why they have to be so full on about getting every WLS'er to have a DS, and attacking everyone who doesn't agree with their choice.

If an RNY, sleeve or LapBand work for a person, why not just leave it at that. It just sounds like they are trying to justify their surgey type. Like they have to keep proving to themselves that they made the right choice by picking the DS. Fear will do that I guess.

Further to that, what I don't get is the "I told you so" attitude when some one's choice of WLS (outside of the glorious DS *tongue in cheek*) doesn't work out for them for whatever reason. There are GOOD reasons why different WLS don't work for particular people. Why make some one feel worse that they probably already do because of a mechanical error or physical complication that stops that particular WLS from being a success for that person? Its just plain mean and nasty. We're all starting from the same point aren't we??

I was drawn for less than a 24 hour period, had a lapse in judgment, but still have been in many a forum dealing with WLS and LBT is just as harsh as any other I've been involved in specifically with me personally:mellow:

But you have to admit, there is kinda more to that story. With ANY WLS type you have to do your part, too. Even DSers have to watch carb intake or they stink and gain weight.

I think that is the biggest problem I have with DSers other than the obvious. They make it seem like they can eat anything and never gain a pound. They are just like RNY, LB, or sleeves, they have to watch what they put in their mouths.

@MacMadame: Yeah I know this is R&R and it can be fun to get down and dirty with the bitchiness - hell, I belong to a forum where that is the sole entire aim of the place, and believe me that place can get nasty! But this thread still strikes me as incredibly hypocritical - all the things that people in here are accusing people in the DS/OH forum of being (and most of the accusations are true), are also exhibited by people in here, in spades.

Oh, I don't know. What you say is true yet it isn't. You have to understand the history and been a member of OH band boards where banding couldn't even be discussed on the band boards because the stinky ones were taking over the threads. Every newbie was attacked and slam dunked for daring to consider a band. Those at goal were told they were liars and couldn't possibly be at goal. Others were telling at goal folks that there is no way they would stay at goal with a band. They still use old studies that were "completed" in the late 90s as today's results. There was a different surgical technique used then and people were indeed slipping and eroding left and right. They present these studies to today's noobs and tell them there is no way they can lose weight with a band.

They call it the laugh band, choke chain, leash, etc. You really had to see one of these threads where they were attacking banded folks in a banded forum for being so stupid, naive, and ignorant to get a band. They were like Fred Phelps recruiting newbies.

It was so bad OH banned a few of them, moderated many of them, and moved legit newbie threads to their R&R forum. Their R&R forum is NOTHING like this forum. Here you attack the idea and not the person. There, you attack the person and have fun doing it. These were newbies that were just trying to learn about their options that were attacked left and right. They still try to take over the band boards here and there but now people are fighting for their own board. It's a pity they have to fight to just discuss banding without the harassment of the stinky ones.

To imply we are doing the same is a bit of a stretch. Well, it's a hell of a stretch.

Edited by WASaBubbleButt

Yeah froggi,

Don't expect me to stick up for you anymore, you're one to talk..............:crying:

You didn't really stick up for me. You were on the DS board asking why I was giving them shit, when you didn't know half of the story then you said I was weird and told them I was from LBT. Plus you were only on that forum to learn about DS. And they tried to convert you right away too.

Oh, I don't know. What you say is true yet it isn't. You have to understand the history and been a member of OH band boards where banding couldn't even be discussed on the band boards because the stinky ones were taking over the threads. Every newbie was attacked and slam dunked for daring to consider a band. Those at goal were told they were liars and couldn't possibly be at goal. Others were telling at goal folks that there is no way they would stay at goal with a band. They still use old studies that were "completed" in the late 90s as today's results. There was a different surgical technique used then and people were indeed slipping and eroding left and right. They present these studies to today's noobs and tell them there is no way they can lose weight with a band.

They call it the laugh band, choke chain, leash, etc. You really had to see one of these threads where they were attacking banded folks in a banded forum for being so stupid, naive, and ignorant to get a band. They were like Fred Phelps recruiting newbies.

It was so bad OH banned a few of them, moderated many of them, and moved legit newbie threads to their R&R forum. Their R&R forum is NOTHING like this forum. Here you attack the idea and not the person. There, you attack the person and have fun doing it. These were newbies that were just trying to learn about their options that were attacked left and right. They still try to take over the band boards here and there but now people are fighting for their own board. It's a pity they have to fight to just discuss banding without the harassment of the stinky ones.

To imply we are doing the same is a bit of a stretch. Well, it's a hell of a stretch.

When I first started the process of having surgery, I signed up over at OH. I didn't start posting until I had insurance approval. I started posting right in the midst of HUGE drama between the band people and the DS people and said the hell with it and came here. They seem to move from board to board preaching their method and their R&R is full of DS vs. ____ posts. It's crazy.

You didn't really stick up for me. You were on the DS board asking why I was giving them shit, when you didn't know half of the story then you said I was weird and told them I was from LBT. Plus you were only on that forum to learn about DS. And they tried to convert you right away too.

LOL... my my, now the rest of the story comes out. This one makes more sense.