Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you get fills?

Hello, all....Im going in for my 3rd fill tomorrow, and Im just wondering how often all of you get yours....

My dr schedules them every month.

Hi...you've got a good doctor! On top of things it seems.

6weeks out for the first

and every 4 weeks until you reach restriction

2cc for the first and then .5 for each subsequent adjustment until you reach restriction...these are just guideliness from Inamed for the 9.75 band. Everyone is different so your fill may vary.

Most docs will do them as frequently as every 4-6 weeks if needed. They should NOT be given sooner than 4 weeks. You don't need a fill every 4 weeks, though, only if you aren't losing and are doing all the things you are supposed to be doing, and are getting hungry in less than 4 hrs after a good bandster meal. As for the amount, that depends on your band, your doc, your restriction level, and your own anatomy. Your doc may give you a totally different fill than someone else, and the amount depends on a lot of different factors.

I have been getting mine once a month. But I am like you and was banded in December. I think in a few months we will be dropping back to once ever 2 months. My dr is very agressive on fills. So I am hoping to hit my sweet spot soon.

My 3rd fill in tomorrow. and because next week lunches are provided by the company. I have a feeling this fill will make me nice and tight.

I have had 4 fills since sep 2007 , last 1 3 weeks ago, lost 25 kilos so far. the next fill not for another 2months 1 week.:sneaky:

Aparently mine has no schedule for fills. Went in for my 1st fill Dr said I didn't need one (and I was ok with that) and then found out that I have to wait 4 months for the next one 'cause they don't have the manpower to do them! So I'm on some vague "list". Very upset, to tell the truth. Believe me I'm going to be calling in a couple of weeks and every week until I get in. Its March, and I have to wait until July! Just not right

Oh, but the person who scheduled the one in July for me set me up for August, Sept & October so at least I def have those months covered!

If i had to wait months and months for a fill i would be ringing twice a week to see if anyone had cancelled or rebooked.

Aparently mine has no schedule for fills. Went in for my 1st fill Dr said I didn't need one (and I was ok with that) and then found out that I have to wait 4 months for the next one 'cause they don't have the manpower to do them! So I'm on some vague "list". Very upset, to tell the truth. Believe me I'm going to be calling in a couple of weeks and every week until I get in. Its March, and I have to wait until July! Just not right

That is totally unacceptable.

That is totally unacceptable.

I have to agree here as well, that a 4 month wait is not acceptable!

Are you self pay or Insurance paid? Are your fills covered in the surgery cost? I would have a HARD time being told I would have to wait that long, as a self pay that I was - and had already paid in advance for my yrs. worth of fills.

Them having "man power" issues - should not be yours.

I do hope you get in soon Btr, getting to restriction is tough enough with a cooperative staff!!!

Good luck!

For the first year my doctor schedules us once a month for an office visit.. and fill if needed. I was banded 12/18 and I had my third fill this week.

Heather, I had my third fill this week, too.

He did say that after this one, we might not need to fill it next month...We'll see...

Thanks for your reply's...

Sheila, we're running about neck and neck stats wise too... nice!

I hope I don't need another fill for quite awhile... I had a bad experience this week (see my blog for the gory details). I hope that I have decent restriction again... last month was good for several weeks.

Hey Heather...

I read your blog..oh my, sounds like you've been having a "GREAT" Time. :)

Im wondering, have you been working out? I havent worked out really at all, but i notice now that my weight is at a standstill so im going to have to start sweating it out, i think.

Good luck, gf!

Woo Hoo I think this fill is going to work!

Hot damn! I got it yesterday and I still am restricted which is better then the last 2 fills!

Woo Hoo!