Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG! - getting banded on Thursday, Mar. 20th!

OMGOMGOMGOMG - it's a day and a half away!! I'm getting banded on Thursday (March 20th) @ 8:00 am in Austin. TX by Dr. Faulkenberry! I can't wait, but I'm a little freaked out so it's this bizarre obsessive compulsive mixure of excitement, fear, and happiness. Did/does anyone else feel like this? In a day and half I feel like my WHOLE life is going to change. The only way I can describe the journey is like getting on the rollar coaster, buckling in, and the cart has begun to move. At this point in time, there's no getting off the ride, I just have to suck it up and enjoy it. I can't wait to shed pounds and keep them off! A coworker of mine had the surgery in November and is down about 40 pounds! Since beginning the preop diet Wed, March 5th, I've lost about 7 pounds (and gained 3). Did anyone cheat on their post op? I had done really good and lost 7 pounds - and then broke down and fell off the proverbial wagon and gained 3 pounds back (grrr). I hope to loose those 3 pounds again before surgery. I'm kind of nervous about the post ops 2.5 weeks of liquids (wish me luck). OK I'm done ranting and raving *grin* :biggrin2: thanks for listening to my neverending babble.

TTFN -

Good luck Stephanie,

We have all been on the same roller coaster of emotions that u are on now.

Hang in there, follow the preop diet as best u can, and prepare urself for ur surgery.

I'm a month out tomorrow and I feel great, I was basically back to normal about 10 days out, with an occasional twinge here and there.

Congratulations on the new u:thumbup:

Stephanie, I am there with you on the 20th in Clarksville, TN. I understand your rollercoster and I am trying real hard to stay busy. I will call tomorrow to find out what time surgery is scheduled for. It's finally here and I am ready!!

PA

yea! I've found my banding sister! :biggrin: I call today to find out when I need to check in...wow I can't believe that it's finally here. but I gotta say, sugar free liquids starting today and for the next 3 weeks is going to be challenging. I think by the time mushies get here, baby food will look devine. :thumbup:

it's 12:41 and has been 12 hours without solid food (well techniically I haven't eaten since like 6 PM yesterday, but whose counting? *grin* at this point in time, my body has not yet begun to miss food BUT my mind has...sad how much the mind can manipulate the body though. Seriously though...doing well, no hunger pains...I have my chicken broth, sugar free Jello (for some semblance of chewing real food), crystal light, green tea, and water...I am set. Every time I get hungry I drink a HUGE glass of Water and a cup of something with taste - so far, so good. I keep trying to concentrate on work, but HELLO, so cannot! I may actually post like 13 more times today. and the sad part about that is I don't have a whole lot of new stuff to say. I keep calling my friends up and saying corny stuff like hi...I'm having surgery is T minus 20 hours...yep I'm a nerd. I have to say that babbling to complete strangers is rather liberating though :thumbup:

Thanks for all the support I've gotten on this site!!! :thumbup:

Called this morning and found out my surgery is scheduled for 7:30 tomorrow morning but I am to be @ the hospital between 6-6:30. DH and I will leave our house by 5:15 to get there by 6:15. I have been packing a small bag with a book, throat spray, listerine strips, toothbrush, house-shoes, and other things I probably won't use. Those of you that have been banded, at the hospital do they give you an "I don't give a damn" shot before surgery??

Fenton, although it does not matter, you seem to be the only male posting and I enjoy reading about your daily journey, thoughts on things, and general good humor. Therefore, don't stop posting!

Rose, we are there in spirit together!! I believe we will arrive home (me on the 21st) with a whole new outlook on life.:thumbup:

I just did the same and I've got to be there by 6:00 AM for my 8:00 AM appointment. Yikes - that means I have to leave my house by 5:00 AM in order to make it - Crazy!! So it's 5:20 and I've made it through the day a little mentally healthier than I anticipated. *grin*. Although I did run into one small speed bump. I paid my doctor 1000.00 and thought that would be it - until the hospital called me today to "remind" me of my 998.00 "facility" bill **this is my jaw hitting the floor** Thank God I had it in credit or I would have had to reschedule my appointment - which I think would have driven me just a little crazy. I think it sucks that they did not call a little further in advance to tell me. Owell a) no use in crying of spilled milk (even if it is rotten) and :thumbup: at least I had the good fortune to have the money available (ouch I just paid that credit card off). :thumbup: 14.5 hours and COUNTING!!!

How do i get my ticker to appear with my signature? I have the link in my signature to my ticker and I tried to post it to the section in the edit signature for images. but alas all my efforts and no sucess...help? anyone?:thumbup:

My surgery is today also (March 20th) I feel exactly the same way!!! I wish you the best of luck - I am leaving in 45 minutes to go to the hospital and I am shaking - Once again Good luck to you- this is this is beginning of the rest of our lives!!!!

Ginny and Rose, I am home after having surgery on the 20th. Hope you 2 are doing well. I have been sipping Water since I got home and had a little Protein chicken broth for dinner. I am having shoulder pain but have been trying to walk, at a slow pace, on the tredmill for 10 minutes every two hours. Might need to up that. Good luck and let me hear from you!

Hi I got banded on Thursday march 20th also - How are you feeling? I am full of so many different emotions - Are you also?

Ginny, a little tired, only got 35 grams of Protein today. Trying to get in my Water. Ordered Protein Slams today @ 42 grams of protein in less than 3 oz. The shoulder pains are less than they were, trying to walk about 30 minutes per day. It's been a learning experience, I am tired of being at home but DH thinks I should be on total bed rest (he loves me). Tomorrow I will become more active, kids are coming over for an Easter egg hunt and dinner. As far as emotions, I have questioned why I did this but I know it was best for me. How about you, I understand emotions but are you getting enough protein and water?

Hi - I have to be honest I am not sure if I am getting enough Protein or Water - I have been on Clear Liquids for 5 days now - It is getting really hard - I am going to get through this but it is really tough.... I started on liquids the day before my surgerry (as per my doctor) My doctor gave me a schedule to follow it is: drinking 2 oz of liquid 6 times a day and in between I am drinking a little water but not much - (1 8 oz glass a day) Do you think I should be drinking more water? The protein that I am getting is from the Ensure - I drink 2 oz of ensure - 3 times a day, 2 times a day a protien powder I got from the GNC with 2 oz of skim milk and the onther time I have 2 oz of chicken broth - I still have pain in my shoulder - I am walking as much as I could - about 20- 30 min....

Sorry I haven't written, but the computer's upstairs and I've been lazy! I can't believe that a whole week has passed! It sounds like everyone is doing fairly well so many congrats out to my fellow 3/20s and to everyone else! My surgery went really smoothly. I've upped my intake to try and get more Protein and have been more tired than I think I have ever been, but I feel pretty good. I had some discomfort in my shoulders, which I was told was normal and have tried to get out and walk a little every day. Tried to go back to work on Tuesday and have seriously overestimated my ability to bounce back apparently. Came home early and took today off (well worked from home at least). I think I'll try work tomorrow. It's been a little rough not being able to eat - but cream of (you fill in the blank with your favorite) Soup, blended and strained, has been my god send (yea for taste). trying to drink more Water, but can only get a few ounces down before my tummy says stop now.

ttfn