Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This will make you chuckle!

Bergdorf, I just want to send a little encouragement your way. This will work you just have to be patient. I was losing so slowly and people kept asking me how much I had lost. Sometimes weeks can go by with no weight loss. A coworker even said in front of me to another coworker that there is no proof the lap band works...using me as the example. The worst part of all is I started to feel that horrible feeling that we all get when we are coming to the realization that we are failing another "diet" once again. I would get a fill if I had no weight loss in a month and that kept my loss on a very slow but steady loss. After about 8 months people I hardly knew were asking me about my weight loss. I just think it takes a while for people to notice the change. I also think we lose sight of how much we have really lost because we see ourselves daily and do not notice the change as much. I have lost more inches than pounds and I think we just care what the scale says. I say try to exercise and be patient and you will get the rewards before you know it. Also, be proud of what you lost so far because it is nothing to sneeze at. Think about that it is permanent weight loss. When is the last time you were able to lose that amount of weight without putting it back on? Good luck everyone!

Wow, you look fantastic. I hope the time between now and your plastic surgery go fast and that everything goes well.

Thanks for your encouragement and comments, it keeps me going.

Well, in my small town....I am not a meth addict, nor have I had bypass---but I did have a girl at the grocery store, that I have known through the years (school mate of my brothers), that she was sorry I was sick again. I just said "Excuse me?" she had heard my cancer had returned, and since I was losing so much weight she thought it must be true.

So all day I was bumming! I went into the store feeling pretty good about me. hair was done, make up on, and I was wearing a size 14, comfortably.....I left feeling like I must look like crap for people to think I was that sick again.

It still bothers me! I avoid that store!!!

And I have told anyone and everyone who would listen about being banded! It is obviously a no win situation!

I am starting to chuckle about it.....kinda.....I think it might have been a snicker I started with once.....surely the chuckles will come!

Kat

LOL You reminded me of what happened to me right after High School. I was over 300lbs in HS and dropped down to the high 100's (I think I was about 190ish) I ran into an acquaintance and he actually had the nerve to ask me if I had AIDS!!! I almost smacked the crap out of him. I looked him right in the eye and said "No, but you must have gotten brain damage" .... All I did was swim ALOT (to the point I was begged to go on the swim team) and ate right.

Few weeks later I ran into my HS crush (who never even looked at me by the way) and he started hitting on me!! I turned him down flat, gawd that was an awesome feeling. I walked away smiling and he was floored that someone actually turned him down!!

I did eventually gain some of that weight back (two kids back to back) and now I am getting banded to make that loss again and then some!!

It's funny. People you think will handle it badly seem to come through and visa versa. I didn't tell a co-worker of mine that I had anything done. She just thought I was working out and dieting. We ended up on a business trip together and spent more time together than usual. She started noticing my eating habits.... Right down to not drinking Water with my meals. That's when she asked. I told her and showed her my scars. She looked stunned and then got mad I didn't tell her sooner. We went to an Irish Pub one evening, and everyone was of course drinking beer. Not a bandster option. When I kept getting offered the beer and repeatedly turned it down, she knew it was difficult for me. I love beer. She says, I have an idea and disappeared. She comes back with a V8 with a twist and two olives. She then tells everyone I prefer bloody marys. I was amazed. She was so supportive and actually thought of the low calorie, non carbonated option for me. At lunch I pulled the guts out of my sandwhich and left the bread. My boss asked what the hell I was doing, and she pipes up and says the bread was kind of soggy. Mine was too. At dinner when I got stuck, she could tell by the look on my face. She grabs my arm and says I have to pee, lets go to the bathroom. She didn't ask a lot of questions, but automatically deflected the attention away from me. It was remarkable.

Aubrie that is an awesome friend in the making. That was so cool of her to do that!!

It's funny. People you think will handle it badly seem to come through and visa versa. I didn't tell a co-worker of mine that I had anything done. She just thought I was working out and dieting. We ended up on a business trip together and spent more time together than usual. She started noticing my eating habits.... Right down to not drinking Water with my meals. That's when she asked. I told her and showed her my scars. She looked stunned and then got mad I didn't tell her sooner. We went to an Irish Pub one evening, and everyone was of course drinking beer. Not a bandster option. When I kept getting offered the beer and repeatedly turned it down, she knew it was difficult for me. I love beer. She says, I have an idea and disappeared. She comes back with a V8 with a twist and two olives. She then tells everyone I prefer bloody marys. I was amazed. She was so supportive and actually thought of the low calorie, non carbonated option for me. At lunch I pulled the guts out of my sandwhich and left the bread. My boss asked what the hell I was doing, and she pipes up and says the bread was kind of soggy. Mine was too. At dinner when I got stuck, she could tell by the look on my face. She grabs my arm and says I have to pee, lets go to the bathroom. She didn't ask a lot of questions, but automatically deflected the attention away from me. It was remarkable.

WOW! Congrats to you on having such a great friend! :)

I don't live in a small town, I don't think I could because the people in large towns seem to speak their mind to fat people i.e. me. What business is it of an almost complete stranger to make comment on or critize someone else. None the less make rumor or suggest some sort of impropriety. I was ok being me, its the general public that made me hate myself, made me hate my own reflection because I was in some way not normal, imperfect, to be treated like I was some sort of objection by GOD. I don't understand what the hell gives people the right to comment so negatively as if their own life is perfect. Do people think by putting this negativety into the world makes it better??? My personal saving grace is to say F*ck em, if you have a fat ass and your happy more power to you, if you are bound and determined to fix what is in your control, do and then say f*ck em !

Aubrie, that girl is a keeper...

The problem with living in a small town (pop.156) is that people get this attitude that what is your business is their business. I DON"T THINK SO!!!!!! It's their right to know what you had for Breakfast and the last time you made love to your DH.

ok Personally I am tired of the people at the gym telling me what I can do to lose weight. UGG

I am in the gym 5-6 days a week working out hard and lifting weights. And I am continually having random people comming up to me telling me what worked for their friend, sister, neighbor. It is really starting to piss me off. I want to just yell at them to shut up. I am working out and that is how I am going to do it. Along with my little Band Aid. Grrrr

Thanks for letting me vent.

Cerrin, that is exactly why i just can't go to a gym. I have a huge, expensive weight system in my house. Not that its ever been used more than a few times since i got it 2 years ago. But i'm not self conscious to workout in front of anyone, not even in front of hubby. Even the one time when i had gotten myself in half way decent shape, i would literally drive 10 miles outside of town to run where there was no one to see me.

Now that i am banded i am going to use the weights and my daughter and i are going to ride bikes, even though i'm self conscious about the bike riding.

You just keep it up NewHope and in no time you will not have to feel self conscious anymore! I certainly have more to lose and am still lumpy and bumpy but I can say I am not as self conscious as I used to be and I am proud of the progress I have made. As you lose I think you learn to be more forgiving of your imperfections. I also realized as big as I felt I was not this huge whale I had made myself out to be.