Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I meet with Dr. Woodhead in Delta

Well I meet with Dr. Woodhead and found him very casual and comfortable. We talked for about 2 hours. I have had all my blood work and ekg done now and will meet with the anestis. guy on the 4th of april. then surgery.

Kat:ohmy:

Well I meet with Dr. Woodhead and found him very casual and comfortable. We talked for about 2 hours. I have had all my blood work and ekg done now and will meet with the anestis. guy on the 4th of april. then surgery.

Kat:ohmy:

Woo hooo. Isn't he great, he's like a big ol Teddy Bear, it's hard not to like him hehe.

Hello,

COuld you pass on Dr. Woodhead's info - I'd like to contact him. Why did you choose him over Dr. Leung? I'm just looking for the right Dr. So I can go ahead and start the process...

K

Hi: Dr. Woodhead is young and his empathy is wonderful. He is a surgeon first and foremost and does not have a clinic, just his regular office. You become part and parcel of his practice. I just saw him yesterday and we talked that I was having problems with a 5.75 cc fill so he took out a .2 cc. In my opinion, although he did not put my band in, he has been my surgeon from the get go as I was referred to him by Dr. Yau in Toronto.

Could I suggest you come to our support meeting on the 3rd Wednesay of each month at the Lions Gate Hospital and ask your questions. There are a variety of people, some went to Mexico, some to the USA, some went to Toronto and others to Dr. Leung or Dr. Woodhead. The meetings are informal and no cost. We just get together have some laughs and tell about our journies. Hope you can come.

Dr. Leung is an older doctor nearing retirement and has very little bedside manners. I am told you either like him or don't. I find that I need a gentler person not someone jumping on my case if I have a bad week or two. I can only say what I have read on the net and I just couldn't chose a doctor that brusque. I also think he is training a younger doctor to take over when he retires.

Thanks for such an informative reply. Could you pass on more details foe the lionsgate meeting. Is it baby friendly?

Cheers,

K

I don't see why not. I certainly would not mind. Why not come and find out. I would imagine most people love babies and would "coo coo" at him/her.

I don't see why not. I certainly would not mind. Why not come and find out. I would imagine most people love babies and would "coo coo" at him/her.

What is the room number and exact time of the meeting?

I'm excited to meet people who have done this I have a lot of questions!:eek:

some about seeking government reimbursement! If it is a treatment insured in some provinces - aren't we eligible for being reimbursed by the federal government - even if BC won't? :crying:

What is the room number and exact time of the meeting?

I'm excited to meet people who have done this I have a lot of questions!:seeya:

some about seeking government reimbursement! If it is a treatment insured in some provinces - aren't we eligible for being reimbursed by the federal government - even if BC won't? :)

Lions Gate Hospital

15th Street Entrance (Main)

Conference Room A

North Vancouver

Go thru the main doors (coffe kiosk to your left as you enter) to the Gift shop straight ahead. Turn right and go thru the double doors down the short corridor. Turn right at the first corridor to Conf. Room A. Sometimes the conference room changes so be sure an register with Canadagirl33@hotmail.com to ensure you are in the loop. Time is 7:00 pm but Canadagirl is usually there about 6:30 pm waiting. The meeting usually breaks up at 8 ish.

You can ask all those questions at the meeting as there are different ways such as claiming on your Income Tax if your doctor recommends the surgery (which mine did).

:)

Edited by Doddie63
e mail misspellt

When is the next group meeting? I'm new to the forum and would like to attend if I can.

I tried sending an email to the address posted, but it didn't go through (mailbox unavailable or something) :)

Edited by Vangirl

When is the next group meeting? I'm new to the forum and would like to attend if I can.

I tried sending an email to the address posted, but it didn't go through (mailbox unavailable or something) :smile2:

Hi: The next meeting is this Wednesday the 15th. Try the e mail address again. I made a typing error. The contact is canadagirl33@hotmail.com

Hope to see you there.

Does anyone know the cost for the procedure through Dr. Woodhead?

Hi: The best bet would be to call Dr. W's office and enquire how much it costs, the terms he would accept (all cash, visa part payment, etc) and the aftercare he provides. The overall costs are very important as to the financial end of the contract, but more importantly, the aftercare is a huge factor in making a decision. Also, if he charges a consultation fee, is it credited to the overall amount of the surgery.

Also if you have not already done so, contact the other doctor in the area, Dr. Leung's office and of course there is the WLSC in Washington.

I guess what I am saying, is to check each doctor out yourself. Good luck and as for me, would I do it again. You darn right I would.

I paid $300 consult, not included in cost of surgery and 14,000 for upcoming procedure. I get banded on Nov 5 by Dr. W. First met with him July 29/08. Just over months from consult to surgery.