Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was wondering if anyone has experienced any of this. Around my largest incision it is a little bit red. I am not sure if it is infected or not. There is no drainage and it dosen't really hurt I just noticed it the other day and was concerned. Also right above that incision when I scratch or something it feels like I am numb. Is there a possibility that a nerve was cut and I have numbness there? Has anyone experienced this and if so I would love feedback. Thank you so much.:(

I have the same thing. My port incision is still a little red and it is numb above it (I had my surgery on 2/25). I was told that it is normal and over time should get back to normal. Since I have never had surgery before I definitely hate to think my stomach will have this numb feeling forever.

I have a different issue with my port incision not sure if anyone else experienced this as well. The incision is not flush and actually dents in. It's more prominent when i am standing and I am hoping I will not have this dent always... any one else experience this?

I also had my gallbladder removed in Jan then banded Feb 8th. I have numbness below where all the incisions are. About an inch strip across the lower stomach. I see my doc in a week. I assume the feeling will come back. I will have to ask him. It is a strange sensation.

My port incisions dent in as well.

And my first port sight, there's a 2"x2" piece of skin that is still numb (I am almost 1 year out), that I am guessing is from severed nerves. I heard that they can grow back eventually.

If it is worm or hot to the touch it is infected also is it abnormally swollen that is also a sign. But you should not scratch at all. I know it is hard not to but you can cause an infection and spread it by scratching.. You need to call your Doctor and get in to see him as soon as possible because if it is an infection he needs to treat it right away. Good luck and God Bless You.

My son had LB surgery nearly 3 months ago - never was pain-free - and was diagnosed with erosion. The port and band were removed 2 weeks ago, yet he still seems to have an infection (the surgery was critical and his abdominal cavity was filled with pus). His follow-up care is less than desirable, and I am freaking out. What does this mean, and how does one switch doctors mid-treatment? I am very concerned as he does not seem to be improving.

Elleng

I'm 7 weeks post op, and last week went to my local dr, I thought I had a infection. she said no. went to Kittie for my fill and the first thing she said was "infection" and perscribed pills. happy to say infection is gone. Try the (dark brown bottle) peroxcide (not spelled right), put lots on, if it fizzes your infected.

good luck,

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches