Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel bad cause I've been bad

I was banded on 3/3/08, all went very well. Very little pain, but after about a week i started to eat muchie food i was so hungery. I still am losing weiht, am not over doing it but i broke the rules. I've eaten rice, some very soft Pasta, and some soft eggpant not lots just 2 or 3 spoonfuls, but I feel bad about it. has anyone done this

viv:huh2:

Yeah, I started 'real food' at week 2 and while I am finding different foods affect me in different ways than they used to, I really have had no problem and would have went nuts if I had to stay on mushy foods for the full 5 week my doctor wanted me to. I do chew very well and keep total amount very small but having very few issues.

Keep in mind I'm no doctor - but I see no problem with it as long as you don't go overboard.

I was banded 2-22-08 and 1 week out I have a couple of bites of cheese pizza.....I know I know. I felt AWFUL like such a failure. I think many people have weak moments "testing the water". We all know that this paractice can be very dangerous and lead to "eating around" the band. But don;t beat yourself up, I just had to tell myself "ok Amber, now you know that you can get it down so you will just have to exercise some willpower when it comes to certain foods". You can;t do anything about the past, but you can control the future!! Good lLuck!

I was banded on 3/4 and I cheated a little yesterday. I used my pointer finger to scoop up Key Lime Mango Pie. It was so delicious. It was a small piece and I only ate the pudding & whip cream. It was such a pleasure to have some thickness in my mouth besides, BROTH!@$!! I think it even filled me up. I wasn't hungry for the rest of the night. Since my preop I have lost 20lbs. and I keep loosing, I just can't handle the broth clear liquid thing no more. On Tuesday will be 2 weeks post op and I can go FULL liquid diet, which includes creamy Soups and yogurt. But I have a strong feeling, this FULL liquid diet will begin this weekend, I ll just do it slowly and carefully.

I just keep telling myself this is TEMPORARY, you will soon be on solids and on your way to loosing more weight and making nutritious food choices.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

I'm going to say "it's allright" followed by a warning. Don't get in the habit of trying to "beat" the band. A lot of people start with a small cheat and then start testing the band to see what they will be able to eat.

We all mess up once in a while but you need to keep focus.

One point that I have to make here. If you ate 2 bites of pizza or dipped 2 fingers in a pie, consider it a success. Before I would have eaten 3 pieces of Pizza or 1/2 half of a pie.

I think you're fine. I was banded 3/5 and had my post-op today. My doctor said "if you can smash it with a fork, you can eat it". That includes baked chicken! I am sure you didn't hurt anything. It would be better to have a small bite of some real food to tide you over than to binge on liquids because you are starving. :-)

I don't know the reason, but eggplant was the only food that I was told to avoid. I never ate eggplant before, so it was not a problem for me. I started eating soft mushy food on the second week--but I chewed, chewed, chewed!

I am one week post op today. Thank goodness my dr. only had me do one week of liquids! I was going crazy. Today I had less than a half cup of oatmeal for breakfast! YUM. I had blended vegetable Soup for lunch. For dinner a few bites of mashed potatoes and some blended veggies. Plus 3 Protein Shakes for Snacks. It was a good day.

All doctors are different.

i'm a week and a half past surgery and was told that if i can mash it with a fork, i can eat it. i've been doing tuna fish, halibut, soft boiled eggs, hummus, oatmeal, etc. i'm sure you are just fine!

One point that I have to make here. If you ate 2 bites of pizza or dipped 2 fingers in a pie, consider it a success. Before I would have eaten 3 pieces of pizza or 1/2 half of a pie.

:angry_smile: You are SO right! Only 3 pieces of Pizza....lightweight, lol

vivian~ I'm sure it's ok. Don't feel bad.:cursing:

yesterday, 10 days post op, i ate a pickle! lol. weird cheat choice, right? i just chewed and chewed and chewed and i was fine. then i even let myself eat a piece of cheese! i did feel a little guilty b/c i'm technically still on full liquids but sometimes if we don't let ourselves a tiny guilty pleasure we'll go crazy.

Let me start by saying if you feel ok, then you should be fine. but if your worried about it, speak with your doctor. It is very important to stick to the liquid diet your surgeon has given you. Eating anything solid after surgery causes your stomach to start doing it's job (digesting) which causes movement and since the liquid diet is meant for healing so that your band is healed in place properly by stitches and scar tissue, it's important to follow. You made a mistake, owned up to it....so move forward and gain a new determination that this is only temporary and you CAN DO THIS! My doc has me on 5 weeks full liquids. I just take one day at a time. If you feel like liquids aren't enough, talk to your doc.

Happy sipping! :angry_smile:

Ive done a little tiny taste of things, too when I got a craving....Just a taste of the hot sauce on a spoon, whereas before I would eat the whole bowl of salsa AND chips and go back for more.

The band is working...Im afraid to mess it up and its the cop I worry about that makes me slow down in the speed zone!!

Banded 3/7/08