Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you vomit/PB?

How often do you vomit/PB?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you vomit/PB?

• 3+ times daily
    • Daily
    • A few times a week
    • Never

Since my last fill, I have been vomiting almost daily. I finally have the restriction others have been talking about for months. I'm just wondering how often you all vomit. Is there a learning curve or will I be doing this forever?

I was banded April 07 and last time I vomited was Sept -- and a total of 5 total since banding.

:) Wish you get past this.

I would definetly talk to your doctor.

I been banded for almost 6 months and I have never vomitted or PB'ed. I think I am at my sweet spot, even though it has loosened a little bit. I consider myself lucky and I hope it stays that way.

Hi Mandi :)

Usually 1 time per day (and it's always if I try to eat too early). I can't tolerate food before about noon.

Are you chew chew chew chew chewing? That might help. Also, be careful of the types of food you are trying to eat.

I'll be the PB police.

Productive Burp.... that's what babies do.

Teens that drink too much dr pepper

PB isn't a band term. Who made this up?

PB is a common term that we use because we don't "vomit". PB is a different physiological response from vomit.

And I agree with Jack. I spent a miserable 3 months overfilled and PBed almost daily. I had .25cc removed (from a 4cc band) and I finally understand what sweet spot means. I can eat almost anything, but just not very much of it (but I still choose to not eat bread or pizza dough because it fills me up after 2 bites)

I don;t know how many days since your fill. Did you do liquids a few days after the fill? That helps in case you have swelling after the fill, as it gives a chance for swelling to go down.

I don't consider daily vomiting normal. If I had that every day, I would consider my fill as too tight IF I was taking small bites, chewing well and waiting briefly between bites.

My friend that was banded last August got stuck the other day. I can't remember what she was eating, but either way it got stuck, she panicked and made herself throw-up...the old-fashioned way...finger down the throat! I was so shocked that she had the courage to even attempt that....how bad can that be for you? I'm not banded yet...but it's just a curiosity...

Kimmie K,

I could never imagine making myself puke with the band. when something wants to come up (PB), it just comes up, there is no forcing it. I guess you could still do it the old fashioned way, but who wants to do that? Throwing up too often can cause complications such as band slippage which requires surgery to correct.

My friend that was banded last August got stuck the other day. I can't remember what she was eating, but either way it got stuck, she panicked and made herself throw-up...the old-fashioned way...finger down the throat! I was so shocked that she had the courage to even attempt that....how bad can that be for you? I'm not banded yet...but it's just a curiosity...

I know it's exciting to finally feel like you have restriction, but be very careful about figuring out how to stop vomiting. Because I let the daily vomiting go for too long, I now am struggling with severe acid reflux and had to have my band almost totally unfilled. People warned me that it was going to cause problems but I didn't listen because I was happy to be losing weight. Now I have gained back 15 lbs because I had to get unfilled due to the excessive vomiting. I haven't been able to get another fill because my body has such a quick vomit response that I still struggle with it even unfilled. Break the habit now so you don't end up in the same boat as me!!!

Best wishes!

It would not be worth it to me to PB that often, unless your PB's are easier than mine. I hate PBing and would do almost anything to avoid it. You may be too tight and you might want to consider an unfill because you shouldn't pb that often. You didn't say when your last fill was but if it has been five days or less you may have swelling from the fill. Wait til it's been a week since the fill to make sure the swelling has gone down and if the pb'ing doesn't stop, call your doctor.

Its been 2 weeks since my most recent fill. Most of my PBs aren't that bad. One lurch and it comes up usually. I did have a really bad one with eggs on Saturday. Eggs are the devil.

i pbed a lot when I was too tight. I haven't pbed at all since I got a tiny unfill. I now eat anything I want, in small portions, as long as I chew until there is nothing left to chew.

I was really afraid to get an unfill because I thought that I had finally found restriction. Now I am so glad I did. It's definitely not worth it to be too tight.

Tonight I had prime rib. It was yummy but I brought most of it home. I ordered the smallest portion, but ate about 1/3 of it.

I have been banded 7 weeks - my first fill this past Tuesday (3/11). Until the fill (2 cc) I would have said, "yes, I have pbd twice due to eating too fast and the wrong type of foods - not too bad - caught myself in time." Yesterday, I ate 1/4 of a bagel and it was stuck for about 3 hours. (what fun at work - running to the lady's room. pardon me, but where the heck does all that saliva come from? Is this sliming?) I had read that breads were not a good idea for some people. Prior to the fill, I was having a bagel everyday for Breakfast, slowly, well-chewed with a bit of Peanut Butter. I guess those days are over for a little while until I adjust to the fill. Put my chicken dinner through the blender last night. No problems. K