Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Boe - Barix Clinic of Langhorne, PA

I was banded January 17, 2008 by Dr. Brian Boe of Barix Clinic of Langhorne, PA. I just wanted to say that I would recommend them to anyone and that I had a really great experience with them. Dr. Boe did a wonderful job with my surgery and I have nothing but good things to say about him. Before I had my surgery, my husband was very concerned about my doing it and I called to ask Dr. Boe's office some questions regarding surgery etc... Dr. Boe could have just called me over the phone but he wanted my husband and I to come in and talk with him about any concerns were were having before the surgery took place. He addressed all my husband's concerns and I was very impressed that he took the time to meet with us again and put us at ease. It really did help. The hospital staff were wonderful and kind and took their jobs very seriously. I was very impressed and would recommend the Barix Clinic of Langhorne, PA to anyone. Remember to ask for Dr. Brian Boe if you go there and you won't be disappointed!

Jeni in PA:redface::smile2::biggrin:

I was banded January 17, 2008 by Dr. Brian Boe of Barix Clinic of Langhorne, PA. I just wanted to say that I would recommend them to anyone and that I had a really great experience with them. Dr. Boe did a wonderful job with my surgery and I have nothing but good things to say about him. Before I had my surgery, my husband was very concerned about my doing it and I called to ask Dr. Boe's office some questions regarding surgery etc... Dr. Boe could have just called me over the phone but he wanted my husband and I to come in and talk with him about any concerns were were having before the surgery took place. He addressed all my husband's concerns and I was very impressed that he took the time to meet with us again and put us at ease. It really did help. The hospital staff were wonderful and kind and took their jobs very seriously. I was very impressed and would recommend the Barix Clinic of Langhorne, PA to anyone. Remember to ask for Dr. Brian Boe if you go there and you won't be disappointed!

Jeni in PA:redface::):drool:

HELLO JENI..... I'M ALSO FROM PA., WHERE'S LANGHORNE? I'M FROM THE ALTOONA AREA. CONGRATS ON YOUR SUCCESSFUL SURGERY!! :sneaky:

I WILL BE BANDED ON 3-25 IN Mexico AND AM LOOKING FOR A FILL DOC IN PA. DO YOU KNOW IF DR. BOE DOES FILLS FOR PATIENTS OTHER THAN HIS OWN? THANKS!! DARLENE

Hi Jeni,

Thanks for posting about Dr. Boe. I am scheduled for surgery with him on 4/9. I met him at the consultation and liked him. How are you feeling?

Hi:

Thanks you for your reply about my post. I am feeling good although I had my first fill on 3/4/08 and it didn't do anything. It is very frustrating. My next fill is on 4/24/08 and I am hoping that it will work. The band doesn't work unless you have restriction and at this point, I have none. It is hard for me to stay on track and eat right when I am relying on my willpower alone. If I had willpower then I wouldn't have had the surgery and would have done it on my own. I just have to stay positive, make the right food choices and remember that I will eventually get restriction it's just that when is the question for me. Anyway, good luck with your banding, you'll do fine. Everyone who took care of me at Barix Clinic was really great and you'll probably meet people who work there that have had the surgery done. When you get home, remember to keep walking even if it's just around your house and use a heating pad for your abdomen. It will really help with the surgical gas you may have. At this point, if I didn't have the scars on my belly, I would never know I'd even had this procedure done. Good luck with everything and keep me posted on your journey.

Best wishes, Jeni :lol:

Glad to hear you liked the Barix Clinic. I am new and in the investigation stage. I am going to a seminar 04/23/08 at 7:00 PM at the Langhorne Barix Clinic. Hope to learn more. I have been thinking LAP BAND as the By Pass seems to radical for my taste. I have yet to figure out why some pick one over the other. I hope to learn more at the seminar. Looks like you are doing very well, good luck and best wishes.

I'm really glad to find some one who went to Barix clinic in PA.

I'm from NJ about 15 min from the clinic. I have my first consult on June 3. How hard was it to get approved. My BMI is Just at 40 w/ NO other problems, My insurance will pay if my BMI is 40 or if my BMI is 35 w/ other problems. The insurance does not say anything about the 6 month diet hear about. Did they make you go on a diet first. I filled out all the papers about past diet history. I can't remember the exact dates I was on the diets. I only have medical records from the last 5 years. but I was up and down in my weight. never before was my BMI at 40 until now. How long did it take to get approved? DOes the clinic work with you to get approved or do you have to prove to them like you have to prove to the insurance companies that you need the surg. ANY INFO YOU COULD GIVE TO ME TO HELP W/ THE APPROVAL PROCESS would be great. Does family history of obesity help- my mom is also coming w/ me and trying to have the surgery. She has been over weight for a long long time and has other problems that will help her get approved.

thanks for your help!

Yes they did the paperwork for the insurance company as per the WLS. For the tests needed before surgery such as sleep test, cardio and blood test. I checked on my insurance web site (Keystone health Plan East POP) to see who in my area took their insurance. I then call and set up appointment with Cardio, sleep test and my PCP for blood test. I asked my PCP to send a referal to the other places i need to get tested at. This way I was in control and with the Cardio doctor, the first one could see me for 1 month, I just kept checking differentb ones till I got a asppointment in a few day.

At this point I am waiting to get a callon a surgery date. below is a daily log of how it went for me. If it wasn't for the H A1c being too high i would have a surgery date already.

04/16/2008 Went to Barix Clinic for consult with DR. Pupkova. She answered all questions and then some. She requested that I have a cardio consult, sleep test and blood test for Hbg A1c.

04/17/2008 Went to my insurance web site (Keystone Health Plan EAST POS) to see where I could get the tests done. Called and made appointments for Sleep test and Cardio test.

04/18/2008 Went to my PCP to get referrals for sleep test and cardio consult. Also set up appointment for blood test.

04/21/2008 Went for cardio consult, Everything OK but he said a stress test would resolve the last 10% – 15% of there being a problem that didn’t show on EKG. He left it up to me, I said lets do the stress test which was set up for 04/29/2008.

04/23/2008 Went to PCP for Hgb A1c blood test

04/23/2008 Went for sleep test 8:00 PM till 6:30 AM., was a bit of a pain to have to sleep some where else. There was no way technician would give out any information as to my results. Said it would take 7 to 10 days and someone would call to go over results.

04/28/2008 Got results from PCP Hgb A1c high 9.2, also stomach infection Helicobacter Pylori (H Pylori) given medication which should take care of infection in about 7 – 10 days. PrevPac – Lansoprazole 30 mg, Amoxicillin (two) 500 mg and Clarithromycin 500 mg taken morning and evening

04/28/2008 Appointment to Dr. Chang PCP about Hgb A1c levels (need to get it down to 8 or below before they will do surgery)

04/29/2008 Got a call from Barix Clinic and they got approval for surgery, just got to get these tests done and get Hgb A1c in line.

04/29/2008 Nuclear Stress Test at 11:50 AM

04/30/2008 Results OK from Stress Test

05/05/2008 Results OK from sleep test

05/28/2008 Retest of blood to check H Ac1 level was 9.2, PCP didn’t think it would be 8 or under in only 1 month.

05/30/2008 Results back from blood test 7.0 on H A1c level, fax to Michelle Chase she called me back and said someone would call to set up surgery date. Waited all day no call but will check back Monday 06/02/2008.

Hope this helps.

I'm really glad to find some one who went to Barix clinic in PA.

I'm from NJ about 15 min from the clinic. I have my first consult on June 3. How hard was it to get approved. My BMI is Just at 40 w/ NO other problems, My insurance will pay if my BMI is 40 or if my BMI is 35 w/ other problems. The insurance does not say anything about the 6 month diet hear about. Did they make you go on a diet first. I filled out all the papers about past diet history. I can't remember the exact dates I was on the diets. I only have medical records from the last 5 years. but I was up and down in my weight. never before was my BMI at 40 until now. How long did it take to get approved? DOes the clinic work with you to get approved or do you have to prove to them like you have to prove to the insurance companies that you need the surg. ANY INFO YOU COULD GIVE TO ME TO HELP W/ THE APPROVAL PROCESS would be great. Does family history of obesity help- my mom is also coming w/ me and trying to have the surgery. She has been over weight for a long long time and has other problems that will help her get approved.

thanks for your help!

Hi FNJ:

What did you think after the consultation? Which doctor did you see? My approval process was uneventful. I didn't have to do a diet. My BMI is over 40. I have arthritis in both knees which has required both knees to be replaced and the right knee replacement to be revised. I also have high cholesteral. I believe I went to the consultation in October. The delay between the consultation and my surgery date was caused by the time it took me to process the bandster rules and decide if I was prepared to follow them. It took me about five months to work through my issues and feel committed to the new life style. Once I did that, I had the psych evaluation and the very next week the Clinic called me to schedule the surgery. I had my first fill on June 3rd. So far everything is good. Let us know how things are going with you.

Hi:

I was wondering how things are going for everybody whether you're pre-op or post-op. I hope all is well. I'm so glad the heat wave finally broke.

Hi everyone my name is Jessica and I am new to this site. I am getting banded on November 24, 2008 by Dr. Boe. He seems to be a reat doctor. Very happy and excited about my surgery.:thumbup:

Hey, Im going to the seminar this wed. I just got Keystone health plan east insurance its an hmo im paying out of pocket since my work insurance has an exclusion. Im 5'3 and about 205. no co morbidities. Im nervous I wont get approved. What do u think? Im seeing the same doc as you. What have your experiences been?

Hey everyone!! My name is Cindy from bensalem, pa and i was banded 9/8/08 by Dr Boe in Langhorne...i think ive seen a couple of u on the barixclinics website anyway...how is everyone doin?? i go for my third fill on thurs 1/15/09 im excited and nervous because i dont like the stuck feeling i get sometimes after i eat...ill do liquids and mushies for a couple of days after my fill dr boe always says take it easy and eat whats tolerated...so hows everyones weight loss goin? im doin ok ive been exercisin my butt off so im hopin the weight will come off by summer time...anyway hope all is well with ur bands let me know how u all are