Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Central Ohio Get Together - April 12, 2008

Hi All,

It was really great talking to everyone again yesterday. I had a great time. I was happy to see the new faces I tried to get around and talk to everyone. This group is really wonderful. We have people at all stages of banding which is really helpful. I go home so encouraged and uplifted and I usually get a new idea or two. I just love our group I would say little but it is growing by leaps and bounds which is wonderful.

Carol glad you are home and doing well we missed you and Nikki.

Yes, I'm thrilled as well with how this is turning out that we are all such a great support to each other. Even for Juli and her friend coming after a cold long bike ride just to be sure she checked in and Debbie coming up from Cincinnati to be sure she could see everyone too after.

Let me see if I can count who all we had:

Heather and her daughter

Thinner Me (Angie) and her sister

Darla and her husband

Courtenay (from Cleveland !) and her significant other - sorry I didn't find out who the guy with your table was

BrandNew Lisa

Sarah

Melissa

Debbie

Tyanna - Kathy

SpecialK - Kathy

Juli

Babygrl1234 -- from Michigan!

Did I miss mentioning anybody! 16 of us!

Edited by SpecialK

Hi my friends in C-bus! I am FINALLY BANDED!!!! I'm still in the hospital waiting for the doctor to release me. I am having an allergic reaction to something. They think a patch for nausea (Scopalamine), but now they're investigating that maybe it's the antibiotic. I'm doing okay though, and ready to go home!

I'll check in later!

~~Carol

Carol - I'm so happy for you. I read your story of your journey through cancer and then on to getting your lapband - such courage. God Bless you and wishing you a great recovery and a thinner healthier body soon!:biggrin:

Sarah - it was wonderful seeing you for the first time and I'm glad you felt welcome.

Darla - you too! Your husband sounds like great support! Congrats - he's a keeper.

Nikki

I don't blame you for staying home. Kids are our priorities.

We'll have to take our children to the Zoo or Zoe and I'll will come down to Canal to hang at a park with you guys. (My favorite bike shop is down there, so any excuse to stop in...)

I'm not going to make it to May's meeting and I'd love to see you before June. I'll PM you.

Sorry, I missed yesterday. the whole day sucked for me. bad news everywhere. :biggrin:

Special K: Miss Chrissy's is not over at Main and Brice anymore. She has not been there for 2+ years. She only has the one store over on West Broad. She is a sweetie. There is a store called Just Plus on Brice rd. right before you get to Livingston Ave. I have been going there buying and consigning since they opened. 5 yrs +/- However, Sandy now has alot of rules to consign there and there are also quite a bit of fees. I have over 300 items (not a typo, lol) I want to consign. It will cost me about $60.00+ just to start. too much for me. There is also a new + size consignment shop over on Sedalia. just past Refugee Rd. Less requirerments and only 1 small fee, but you only get a check every 3 months. I have not consigned there yet, but plan on it soon. Congrats Turler. Oh, btw I can't figure the counter out. But, I have lost 39.8 lbs. so far since being banded. I am going for my 2nd fill on the 29th. I think they are going to max me out. I already have 9ml in my 14 ml band. and I do not have that much restriction. WoW, I am sorry once again this is a long rambling post. I am so sorry. Anyway, keep being big losers (lol, in a great way, of course)

. Even for Juli and her friend coming after a cold long bike ride just to be sure she checked in

I was that friend, you know =)

It was nice to get to meet you guys even if it was just for a few minutes.

Sorry, I missed yesterday. the whole day sucked for me. bad news everywhere. :smile2:

Special K: Miss Chrissy's is not over at Main and Brice anymore. She has not been there for 2+ years. She only has the one store over on West Broad. She is a sweetie. There is a store called Just Plus on Brice rd. right before you get to Livingston Ave. I have been going there buying and consigning since they opened. 5 yrs +/- However, Sandy now has alot of rules to consign there and there are also quite a bit of fees. I have over 300 items (not a typo, lol) I want to consign. It will cost me about $60.00+ just to start. too much for me. There is also a new + size consignment shop over on Sedalia. just past Refugee Rd. Less requirerments and only 1 small fee, but you only get a check every 3 months. I have not consigned there yet, but plan on it soon. Congrats Turler. Oh, btw I can't figure the counter out. But, I have lost 39.8 lbs. so far since being banded. I am going for my 2nd fill on the 29th. I think they are going to max me out. I already have 9ml in my 14 ml band. and I do not have that much restriction. WoW, I am sorry once again this is a long rambling post. I am so sorry. Anyway, keep being big losers (lol, in a great way, of course)

Hey there KTBugg -- can you explain the kinds of consignment rules and fees you've experienced. I haven't ever tried this so maybe it won't be worth the hassle or fees to me either. In that case, I'd definitely rather donate them to another lapbander who can use my sizes of nice things on their way down the scale. Thanks for letting me know that Crissy's isn't there. I think I was talking about the Just Plus consignment store. Got the name wrong. Sorry folks.

Just wanted to stop in and say thank you to Heather, Darla, Special K and Susan for making me and my husband, Jason feel welcome at the meeting. I REALLY appreciated all the stories, recipes and new connections. I know that my husband and I felt so much better after talking with Darla, so a special thanks to you Darla! And a special thanks to Special K for the great recipe ideas!

I have my band date of May 23rd and I'm excited to become a part of the family. Thank you everyone for making the trip more than worth it from Cleveland! :smile2:

Heather, when is the next meeting? I just want to make sure that I write it down. My husband said he felt so comfortable and enjoyed taking with everyone. I think he feels a little bit about my decision. Thanks again to everyone.

Just wanted to stop in and say thank you to Heather, Darla, Special K and Susan for making me and my husband, Jason feel welcome at the meeting. I REALLY appreciated all the stories, recipes and new connections. I know that my husband and I felt so much better after talking with Darla, so a special thanks to you Darla! And a special thanks to Special K for the great recipe ideas!

I have my band date of May 23rd and I'm excited to become a part of the family. Thank you everyone for making the trip more than worth it from Cleveland! :huh2:

I'm so glad it went well for you Courtenay! I only regret that I didn't get the chance to spend more time talking with you. I hope you'll join us for another gathering... even with the long commute!

Heather, when is the next meeting? I just want to make sure that I write it down. My husband said he felt so comfortable and enjoyed taking with everyone. I think he feels a little bit about my decision. Thanks again to everyone.

Hi Darla, I posted a separate thread with the new date and info. I'll bump it up so that you can find it. I believe it's scheduled for May 10. I enjoyed speaking with your husband. I look forward to getting to know both of you better!

Hey all! I just wanted to say thanks again for making me feel so welcome on Saturday. I had a great time! The Style Show was so amazing, I found myself in tears several times! I know, I am a wuss, but hey, they inspired the hell out of me!lol

Honorable mention to Juli and Baby, 54 miles on the bike and you STILL made it to the meeting. Seriously? I officially wanna be like you two when I grow up!!!!! haha

It was so great to meet you all, I had the bestest time. I can now not wait until next month. You all are such an inspiration, I can not wait to be one of you!!!!:huh2:

Hey all! I just wanted to say thanks again for making me feel so welcome on Saturday. I had a great time! The Style Show was so amazing, I found myself in tears several times! I know, I am a wuss, but hey, they inspired the hell out of me!lol

Honorable mention to Juli and Baby, 54 miles on the bike and you STILL made it to the meeting. Seriously? I officially wanna be like you two when I grow up!!!!! haha

It was so great to meet you all, I had the bestest time. I can now not wait until next month. You all are such an inspiration, I can not wait to be one of you!!!!:thumbup:

You are one of us.

I posted some pictures from Saturday April 12 on the Yahoo Group web site HeatherA has set up for us. If you haven't logged in there, thought I'd post a note here. I still have more pictures on a disposable camera to get developed and then I'll add those too.

BrandNewLisa - please add your pictures you were also taking. THANKS

I sure will! I haven't even had time to pull them off the camera yet. Some are no good, but I think that I got some pretty good ones! And thanks Juli! I just want to be like you guys, I want the newly banded to be in awe of me, like 'Hey, that could be me!!!'