Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share your NSV's!!!!!!!!!!

My jeans from preop are now loose. They had 15lbs of baloney in a 5 pound sack and now they fit great.

:) *snort* That was hilarious! I'm going to use that saying myself!

Let's see...

1. I have way more energy.

2. My clothes are fitting loose. Can't wait to get into smaller ones.

3. My co-workers notice and compliment my weight loss.

4. I have wayyyy more time on my hands now. Never realized how much my life centered around food.

5. I have inspired my children to exercise and eat a little healthier.

Those are great tskelli!

I finally had one myself today! My surgeon's office is two hours from my home and the town where it's located also happens to have my favorite restaurant IN THE WORLD. I have planned all my trips to my surgeon's around this restaurant. I was even upset when I found out my surgery was in the afternoon because that meant I wouldn't have an excuse to go and have my last meal there.

Anyway, I was all the way IN TOWN today before I even thought about the restaurant. I realized that maybe food isn't the total center of my thoughts anymore like it used to be. That was a pretty huge NSV for me.

Those are great tskelli!

I finally had one myself today! My surgeon's office is two hours from my home and the town where it's located also happens to have my favorite restaurant IN THE WORLD. I have planned all my trips to my surgeon's around this restaurant. I was even upset when I found out my surgery was in the afternoon because that meant I wouldn't have an excuse to go and have my last meal there.

Anyway, I was all the way IN TOWN today before I even thought about the restaurant. I realized that maybe food isn't the total center of my thoughts anymore like it used to be. That was a pretty huge NSV for me.

That's awesome, Gibson! I know that felt good. I now realize how much I was missing out on because I was caught up in that never-ending stream of thoughts about food.< /p>

I purchased some jeans last summer(for the fall)they fit really nice. Well when I went to wear them they were to small :angry_smile: . Well i tried those same jean on last night and they FIT!! Yippee, I love my band!

I have them on right now.

I purchased some jeans last summer(for the fall)they fit really nice. Well when I went to wear them they were to small :angry_smile: . Well i tried those same jean on last night and they FIT!! Yippee, I love my band!

I have them on right now.

MY DREAM IS TO WEAR JEANS AGAIN!!! I am an apple (thick waisted) and that's not going to happen for awhile. But, my NSV is that my yoga pants are loose and I am waiting for the day they fall down. For the last 7 years, the only slacks I can wear have elastic waists. I started this journey in Nov and wearing a 3x and heading soon for a 4x. I put on a 2x the other day and it hangs on me. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! Doing my six month pre-op diet and I get days where I am in a slump. What pulls me out is not so much the scale but the way clothes fit me.

I bought a new pair of pants and blouse at Macy's instead of Lane Bryant!! I also walked into Macy's with confidence and an attitude of "yeah...I belong here" not intimidated and scared that people were looking at me like "you need to be at the fat girl's store". It was awesome!!

I bought a new pair of pants and blouse at Macy's instead of Lane Bryant!! I also walked into Macy's with confidence and an attitude of "yeah...I belong here" not intimidated and scared that people were looking at me like "you need to be at the fat girl's store". It was awesome!!

I despise that "fat girl store" feeling. I wear somewhat "normal" size (XL) on the bottom and have to go to the women's section for my tops. I have gotten the look by clerks and customers that maybe I'm lost when I am in the normal section.

I omitted a NSV in my above post that I experienced this morning. I am somewhat of a clothes horse. Cleaned out all my clothes that have gotten to big for me and was able to drop off five large bags of close to our local Salvation Army store. It felt cleansing. Yahoo!!!!!!!!!

That's my plan for this weekend. To clean out my closet and make room for new clothes.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not?

Before my surgery my BP was just out of control. They put me on medication, and even still it was unacceptably high.

About a week before my fill, I ran out and hadn't gotten around to picking up the refill yet. I went for my fill and my BP was 128/83. Without meds for a week!!

My BP has been high for 4 years, and just losing 20 lbs it's back to normal. That's just nuts to me!!! But I'm glad I'm not going to have a stroke. lol

My BP has been high for 4 years, and just losing 20 lbs it's back to normal. That's just nuts to me!!! But I'm glad I'm not going to have a stroke. lol

Excellent!! Way to go!

I wore my favorite jeans today, size 26. At least 4 people have commented that it's time to get rid of them. I can take them on and off without unbuttoning them. I used to have a roll that hung over the top of them, but now they are entirely too big! Guess it's time to retire them!

OK, I finally have NSV. Ok I may have had small ones before, but this is great. Over hte weekend, I painted the twins bedroom all by myself. My DH was doing other things in there, but I put the paint on the walls. Before, I would have just sat and watched. I'm sore today from going up and down the ladder, my way of getting extra exercise in. He tells me to just bring the can up, I tell him that will do nothing for my flabby ass. :biggrin:

And the jeans I'm wearing today, a size 14, didn't fit me before surgery, today they are falling down when I walk. WHOOO HOOO! The only problem with that is we have to get the pool liner replaced, to the tune of $5K and that leaves little money for new clothes. Oh WELL, I'll buy a belt, haven't worn one of those in ummm EVER!!!!!

Besides being able to wear clothes that I haven't worn in years (or ones hanging in my closet with the original tags still on them!), I was able to free style swim the length of the olympic style pool where I exercise. I do most all my exercising in a pool and do a variety of workouts and strokes, but have never been able to 'swim' a full length. This was a major victory for me and I almost cried when I finally did it!

Cynthia

12/6/07

299/285/257/?

No fills yet