Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you like the size of your band?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you like the size of your band?

• No, I wish I could go UP a size
    • No, I wish I could go DOWN a size
    • I'm thrilled with my band size
    • Hell I'm just happy to be banded

I guess different people can weigh the same but have different needs inside? Or different places we carry the fat?

I just asked him what size band I had after reading about it here and that's was his answer.

I'm sure there are more variables than his simple answer to me.

Hello Enjoy,

you and I seem to be on a similar path, I was supposed to be banded tomorrow, 3/11 but had to put off until next week, on 3/19 due to a terrible flu I caught. I too, am FILLED with questions. I'm not great at posting, but I'd love to hear your thoughts or questions, I feel like I've gotten a ton of answers, especially in the chat room. Good luck!

Thank you all for the information. I am scheduled for March 20, 2008. I have all kinds of questions running through my head and I am on this site everyday reading posts and blogs. By the way Susan4794, I loved the advice you gave the newly banded person that wants her band removed after only seven days. You were very kind and informative. Sue Magoo, thanks for teliing me about what those doctors said. TerriDoodle, thanks for that visual picture of the 8.8 cc in a 10 cc - that does make sense to me. I have a high BMI (I'm ashamed to say it is 50) so I may be considered for having a larger band anyway based on what I am reading here. Of course I will ask my doctor how he makes that decision. Thanks to all who took part in my poll. As for those of you who thought this thread was about "something else".... well I'll try to do better next time!! :sneaky: dirty minds... :drool:

QUOTE....... enjoylife..... I have a high BMI (I'm ashamed to say it is 50) so I may be considered for having a larger band anyway based on what I am reading here. Of course I will ask my doctor how he makes that decision. Thanks to all who took part in my poll.

I had a BMI of 59- and got a 4cc band. It can go either way! If I had a choice I wouldn't change a thing, -120 pounds in 11 months-ohhh yeah!

Wow...when I saw the title of the thread, I had two other subjects running through my head, and was confused by the poll options until I realized you meant BAND sizes...lol. We all know what the first subject was, but I also thought it might be clothing size vs. weight loss in pounds.

Thanks for the chuckles :thumbup: