Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need a second or third opinion

I'm getting closer to goal, and feeling pretty good about it. However, I'm starting to get a lot of flack about wanting to be "too skinny". I think I still have a good 20 lbs to go before I will have a stomach smaller than my chest.

My original goal was 'healthy', and I've done that. Now I want 'concave'.

Look at these pics, and the starting one, and let me know what you all think. Am I fine where I'm at?

Current is 5' 9", 174 and a 34" pant. Start was in the 280s (260 in that pic) and 46-48" pant.

post-0-13813136598028_thumb.jpg

post-0-13813136598334_thumb.jpg

post-0-13813136598566_thumb.jpg

post-0-13813136598786_thumb.jpg

post-0-13813136600759_thumb.jpg

Twenty more??? No way. You look positively great, normal, thin, right now!

Don't let those old bad self images confuse you now. You are normal weight and look great.

Just my two cents and congratulations!

Concave? Whose belly is concave? Is that normal, to be concave, at any age?

Hey-

I agree with the other you look great. If your unsure if you could/should lose more weight you might have your body fat tested. Good way to see what's under the skin.

Create a great day!

Based on your numbers, your BMI is just over into the overweight level. If you drop just a few pounds {6 to be exact} that will drop you just into the normal level. At this point I would go by how you feel and your BMI #. I agree with the others, you do NOT need to lose 20 more pounds. Go to this webpage if you want to play with the numbers for yourself. That's how I got the 168 for you.

BMI - Body Mass Index: Adult BMI Calculator: English | DNPAO | CDC

The only people who have concave stomachs are ones with serious starvation issues, whether it's an eating disorder, disease or where they live. A healthy person who eats well and exercises, SHOULD NOT have a concave stomach.

If you are mentally having a serious problem with this, you really, really need to get counseling. My mom had GBS a few years ago and while still losing weight was diagnosed with malnutrition and anorexia. Seriously. Who'd of thunk. BUT she had a lot going on in her head. A lot of stemming from childhood and the fact that she's been heavy her whole life. She's a lot better now but still thinks "fat" and has a hard time with it on occasion. Luckily she talks to me about it a lot so I can keep an "eye" on her even though we live 3+ hours away. I don't know if that's where you're at in your head or you just have an idea of what you think is ideal but I wanted to throw it out there in case.

If you feel you MUST continue to lose weight, I would go no more than MAYBE 10 more pounds. You might also talk to your doctor and find out what he thinks your ideal weight might be.

You look great, btw. Take care and best wishes.

You look great Manatee! Maybe the look you're goin for is more muscle in the abs. Do you work out? I really don't think you need to lose 20 more lbs.

You look like a completely different person!

Manatee - I think you look fabulous already!!! There's no way you need to lose another 20 pounds. 5 maybe, 10 at the absolute most and I only say that because you want to lose more!

I think a size 34 is great for a guy - that is my DH's goal size :rolleyes2: Just like he doesn't want me to get skinny and boney - I don't want him to do that either.

I know we look at our bodies with such critical eyes - I only see the fat spots or flaws that are left. Sometimes I get a brief glimpse of what I really look like at it's not too bad.

{{hugs}}

wombat

Athinnerdenise might be right. Maybe you need some upper body lifting to get your shoulders/arms etc a little bigger as then your stomach and waist look even thinner by comparison.

But honestly, we're only suggesting these things because you think something is missing. I think you look great as is!

We just can't stop finding fault with ourselves. It's so hard. so many perfect looking people on TV, we start to believe that's normal.

You Look Totally Awesome Where You Are.! All I Ever Wanted Was To Look "average"-not "skinny"

The Question Is "how Do You Feel Where You Are At"?

I Should Weigh Around 140--but Always Feel My Best At 150-155.

Good Going Guy.!

You look fine. You do not look like an overweight person. However, I know with me that once I reach the "normal" look I am probably going to want to go on and see if I can get to the "looking great" stage. If you lose 10 or 20 more I think you have a chance at that!

I think you look GREAT... (BTW, are you single?:))

If YOU still feel you need to improve your body more, (and that is YOUR decision to make)... maybe some sit ups or weight training would make you feel better about yourself.

As far as being concave... whoever it was that said that a person who has a concave stomach is not healthy... that is totally NOT true. I had a concave stomach for years... until I gained 80lbs after being on steroids for a year... and then continued to gain for the next five years until getting this awesome band.

Both of my daughters have concave stomachs... one has already had a child... I know a lot of healthy people who still have concave stomachs.

If concave is what Manatee wants... then it is his choice. I seriously doubt he is talking "Ethiopia" concave.

My 2 cents, for what they are worth -

"People" will tell you you look too skinny, simply because they just are not used to seeing you thinner. Not that you really are skinny. It's just that when they look at you, they still see the shadow of the person you used to be.

If YOU feel you need to lose another 20lbs, go for it. You are the only person in this whole world who has to live in, and be comfortable in your body.