Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Brandy - I just checked out your blog. Thanks for sharing all your information. You look beautiful in your dress. And, great news about your ring size! Congratulations!!!

Thanks CC. I didn't use to like to share anything about myself. For some reason now I post every thought I have lol

Makes the time pass.

Thanks again :thumbup:

I love Target. We don't have one, but there is one in San Antonio which is only about a 45 minute drive. They have great clothes and very affordable. I also shop off Ebay. I'll try to buy multiple pants or something from one buyer to combine shipping. Saves money. And right now all the department stores are having huge sales, at least down here. 75% off... I love to shop for bargains. And when I only spend $11 on pants, I don't feel so bad if they are too big after I've worn them a few times.

I'm grouchy this morning. We live on a college campus and they are building a new residence hall right across the driveway from our hall. They started pouring concrete at 4:00 am. I just don't see any logical reason for that. I am not good when I don't get enough sleep. DH and DD slept through all of it. I got caught up on the Bachelor... Thank God for DVR.

Now I'll grump through the day until I can get back into my nice comfy bed tonight. However, my day won't end until at least 9:00 pm. Meetings tonight... Lovely! I love my job, I love my job, I love my job. There are days when I have to remind myself of that. Today is one of those days.

Hope everyone else has a great day.

Most towns have building codes that dont allow work between certain hours. You could call your town building code enforcement group and complain.

Apparently they had to get some kind of special permit to do this. Since it would only bother people on the campus, it was approved. Lucky me!

I'm moving off campus this summer (probably about the time they are finished with construction!).

I'm looking foward to having some privacy again! Although I have to admit for the most part its really convenient to live within 200 yards of my office!

Ok - I need somebody to help kick my bad attitude regarding the length of my breasts! When I was banded, I was wearing 38DD, should have been 40 or 42 but just couldn't make myself buy them so I suffered rope burns. I have a drawer full of bras and panties that I had outgrown over the years. Waste not, want not I suppose. The good news is I fit in the smallest of them now.

While I figured I would lose some cup size, I certainly was not prepared for how long they are now. I bent over in the shower this morning to wash my feet and it looks like a tennis ball shoved in a sock. How the hell did that happen? Is anyone else facing this phenomenon?

I was going to wait to buy new bras until I hit my goal weight. But even the smallest bra I own is slightly large in the cup area. I think I'll go to Victoria Secret and buy a push up bra so at least I have something to look at during the day. I don't know how to fix the problem of them hiding in my armpits when I lay on my back to read!

Thanks for letting me vent!

Cubs, I think you'll be amazed at what they people at Victoria's Secret can do. By having a professional fitting and getting into the right bra, you'll be a different person.

I have noticed that mine sure do sag a lot. I'd like to have them lifted some day, but it seems extremely painful and I don't have any idea as to what it costs. I'll definitely be checking into it when I get to goal.

I am headed back to TR today to do a Barium Swallow. I did OK after my last "unfill" but a few days later I am way too restricted again and having acid reflux and throwing up at night. So today the'll see if there is a problem with my band or if I am really just getting more restricted somehow.. Allergies? I don't know. I lost 5 pounds this last week though. That's unusual for me. I've only done that one other time since having the band. I'll take it, but I want to be sure everythings OK...

Good luck Tambo with the testing. I hope that all goes well and its just allergies.

I had a wisdom tooth pulled yesterday morning so eating is on the back burner right now. I am keeping up with the liquids... But eating is scary for me. I am afraid of getting anything in the hole where the tooth was.

My face is swollen up like a chipmunk Uggh!

Good luck Tambo with the testing. I hope that all goes well and its just allergies.

I had a wisdom tooth pulled yesterday morning so eating is on the back burner right now. I am keeping up with the liquids... But eating is scary for me. I am afraid of getting anything in the hole where the tooth was.

My face is swollen up like a chipmunk Uggh!

Hi Brandy. I hope you feel better soon. Take it easy and gets lots of rest.

Ouch, Brandy. Hope you feel better soon. I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled at the same time. It wasn't fun, but I was glad to get it all over with.

I had my barium. My pouch is stretched and it has caused my band to shift down instead of sitting at an angle like it's supposed to. She said probably from being too restricted when I first started getting allergies. So now when the food goes in, it just pools in my stomach because the opening is obstructed because of the way the band is sitting. So, she took out half my Fluid and I am on liquids for 3 days, mushies for 3 days and then back to normal. Then I'll go back for another barium in 2 weeks to make sure it's back to normal. Then I can start getting fills again.

She did say this same thing can be caused by drinking carbonated beverages. I know that's not the problem in my case, since I don't drink them at all, but it is a warning to anyone who thinks they can. Don't do it!

I'll be back to normal in now time. On the bright side, I lost 8.2 pounds in a little over a week!

Hello Everyone~

Tambo - I have been off the board for while - with my hectic schedule. What symptoms did you have that made you want to go in for the tests?

I have noticed only recently that on some days I seem to be having "acid reflux" type symptoms and I cannot understand it because I have never, ever had any problems with my band. I haven't been filled in quite a while and I seem to still have plenty of restriction (some days seemingly too much - but I have noticed this changes with the stress/hectic schedule, etc). I am not scheduled to go back into the doctor until Feb 6 and don't really want to miss work (it is always a long wait in that office....)

Has anyone experienced this?

I hadn't had a fill in months. The last fill I had was at the end of August and I was steadily losing. Then at the end of November I started noticing that I felt way too restricted. I was BPing all the time and had acid reflux so bad at night that it would wake me up and I would have to go spit it out. It happened about the time that the weather got cold and I attributed it to the weather, but the PA thought that it was probably allergies. That's about the time cedar hit here really bad so that was probably true. I had a small unfil (.4 cc) and was fine for a few more weeks. Then I noticed in early January that it started again. I went in for another unfil (.5 cc). I was fine for a few days and then I was BPing everything. I couldn't hold down any food or liquids hardly at all. That's when I went back and they did the barium.

I knew when I couldn't eat or drink without keeping anything down that I had a serious issue.

Hope yours isn't as bad!

I had half of my Fluid taken out and I am on liquids for 3 days, then mushies for 3 days and then back to regular food. They said that should fix it. If not, then I don't know what the next step is. I'll find out in 2 weeks when I go back. I am just crossing my fingers that this will fix it!

Hi all. I haven't been on alot since going to the dentist.. that was horrible.

Anyway I hit my anniversary and was down 77lbs at my 9months. I am happy with that.. we all always want more but I will take it :w00t: I am still just so happy to be in Onederland.

Hows everyone else doing?

Hi everyone...I haven't been on in a while either!

Brandy: I'm with ya girl! I'm so happy to be in Onederland too. I don't know that I will reach my 100 pounds by my bandiversary, but I'm gonna try real hard. I think it would be fun, but the way I see it, I'm so far ahead of where I was this time last year!!! WOO HOO!

I remember finding this site last January and feeling so excited waiting for approval. I was feeling so desperate and sick of being fat. I'm so much happier this year and I know it's been slow, but what an amazing road we are on! I'm starting to get my life back!

Keep up the great work!

~C