Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Exercise Challenge

Becky, OMG look at your ticker! 98 pounds!!! Congratulations :shades_smile::thumbup:

:blink:!!!

Dave, congrats on losing another pound! It's good to have you back posting with us again too :ohmy:!

Nana, welcome back! I'm sorry to hear about your accident. What happened? Were you injured? Are you okay now?

Salsa, that volleyball game sounds really fun -- congrats on winning the game and being the MVP!

I did one hour of weight training (legs/lower body) and a one hour aerobics class.

Have a great night everyone!

misc14.gif

Crazy Ates March Exercise Challenge

3/30 Exercise Sessions

(2 Cardio, 0 Core Strength & flexibility, 1 Weight training)

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

WOW Becky! You're my hero!!:blink: Congratulations!:shades_smile:

I did 1 hour on the treadmill and 1 upper body strength training session. I guess I will learn to like that more as I get stronger. It was tough.

The volleyball game was fun, but I am paying the consequences today. My arms are all bruised up!

I did my weight training tonight and a little cardio for a total of 1 hour.

Hi everyone,

I just finished a 3.5 mile walk on the mountain. It started pouring! I added 3 lb walking weights and what a difference they made. I want to really work on my arms. Its amazing the inches I have lost on them already with just walking.

Have a great day!

I got my cardio and weight training done this morning.

Thanks for noticing my ticker jump. I hadn't weighed in about three weeks and I was pleasantly surprised too!

4/20 Cardio Sessions

1/8 Strength Training Sessions

Hi Jody, I see your ticker moving right along too. Right on :thumbdown:!

I got an hour of cardio in today.

misc14.gif

4/30 Exercise Sessions

(3 Cardio, 0 Core Strength & flexibility, 1 Weight training)

weight.png

Thanks Frangi!! My legs are telling me to take it easy today. I usually rest 1 day a week.

8 miles on the bridge today and 1.5 hrs in the gym last night. I have realized its time for some new shoes since I have all but worn these out...LOL

We have a gym at our Corporate location and I took the yoga class today. It was a lot of fun. Boy, am I a klutz!! I even saw the instructor giggle once!:blink: Its a nice thing to do when my legs have had it!

Becky, OMG look at your ticker! 98 pounds!!! Congratulations :eek::thumbup:

:)!!!

Right -- How DID she do that? I keep looking thinking SURELY she was banded in '06 NOT '07.

*sigh* This is me -->:blink:<---happy for her, but pea-green with envy at the same time! LOL

Nana, welcome back! I'm sorry to hear about your accident. What happened? Were you injured? Are you okay now?

I'm fine. GrandDoll still has the occasional headache, but they continue to be less severe and further apart.

We had just pulled out of JITB getting her a burger before we were to meet up with her Quiz Team and head out of town for a tournament. I was coming to a stop at a red light when I saw her burger fly past my head and splat all over the windshield and dash. That's when I realized I was reclining and wondered how that had happened.

A guy had fallen asleep at the wheel of his pick-up and rear-ended us at about 40-50mph sending us into the rear of the minivan in front. It was 12:30 PM, on a BUSY street in a shower of rain -- how you can be so tired as to fall asleep in all of THAT, I dunno, but he did.

Sloane freaked me out. The instant I realized we'd been hit I turned around to check on her. She's 9.5, but small for her size. She was in the middle seat on the middle row and had her lap belt on, but the shoulder harness was behind her....(something we scolded her about often, but don't have to mention any more!) It was as though she was unconscious, but she was sitting upright and her eyes were open. She was unresponsive -- didn't blink or move her eyes to follow my hand or look at me. I was screaming at her and praying to God -- she still had a bite of her burger in her mouth and I wanted to sweep it out of her mouth so she wouldn't aspirate it when she 'came to' and I could NOT pry her jaw open, although her teeth were not clenched. Just a very, VERY weird 2 or 3 minutes that felt like an HOUR!

We went to the ER in an ambulance, but that was awful. They did Xrays and a CTscan, but no one ever 'read' them. She was drowsy...we could wake her and she would respond sensibly, but go right back to sleep. Every couple of hours she would start to squirm as if waking up, but she would sit up and vomit and go back to sleep. They never came to clean her up or change the sheets....we were cleaning her up ourselves with paper towels and finally threw the sheet in the corner. After 8 hours of that her mother signed her out AMA and we went home. We both saw our PCP the next AM and she went to get new glasses (never did find hers!).

My big toe was black and blue -- evidently the foot that was on the brake got slammed up under the dash by the force. I asked for ice at the hospital because it was swelling so big and hurting -- they couldn't give me an "official" ice bag, because I wasn't a patient -- dumb bunnies should've MADE me one, since the insurance was sure to pay for it!!

DH says you can tell by the damage to the car that we got hit really hard, actually TWO hits, because we got hit, then we hit the other car. But it probably helped that we never saw it coming, so we didn't brace against it. We were both awful sore for a good many days and I went back for a few physical therapy sessions on my neck and shoulders.

That's about it. My 2006 Trailblazer (with all the bells and whistles!:crying:) was totaled. We replaced it with a 2006 Honda Pilot. (Still can't believe my red-white & blue DH actually bought a 'foreign' car! LOL)

Nana, big hug to you -- what an ordeal!!! I am so glad to hear that you and your granddaughter are alright!

And what was the deal with that hospital? The lack of care Sloane received is truly egregious , and the shame of it is they will probably be charging her insurance company thousands for her "care."

Anyhow, off my soapbox about that. I'm just glad to hear that you are okay :blink::smile::eek:!

Jody, I love Yoga. I'm not very good at it either, but I love the way it challenges me and relaxes me at the same time. I am currently doing Yoga once a week, but I am going to try to fit another class (or two) into my schedule.

I did three sessions today, one hour weight training (arms/upper body), 30 minute abdominals class, and a one hour Yoga class.

misc14.gif

7/30 Exercise Sessions

(3 Cardio, 2 Core Strength & flexibility, 2 Weight training)

weight.png

Didn't post yesterday but I got another hour in. I am going to visit my brother this weekend and he does not have internet access so I will not be posting. I am going for a jog with my BF this morning before I get in my car and drive for 6 hours. Though it will totally be worth it. I am going with my Dad to the opera, get to spend time with my brother and then end it with a fill. Ahhhhh...restriction again.

Have a good weekend and happy working out!

Happy Friday everyone!

I finished my 5 mile walk this morning. Hope to get in a strength training session tonight.

Enjoy the weekend!

Nana, big hug to you -- what an ordeal!!! I am so glad to hear that you and your granddaughter are alright!

And what was the deal with that hospital? The lack of care Sloane received is truly egregious , and the shame of it is they will probably be charging her insurance company thousands for her "care."

Anyhow, off my soapbox about that. I'm just glad to hear that you are okay :crying::smile::teeth_smile:!

Thank you. I've learned that that hospital has a horrid reputation. The area we live in is heavily populated with people in the medical field and every time I gave the name of the hospital we went to they rolled their eyes and groaned!!!!

At least the billing will go to the insurance company of the man who hit us.