Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Exercise Challenge

There has got to be some REALLY fit dogs out there now!

I registered for my first run/race ever since high school!

I did 5k run this morning and 25 min swim ...(ok i sneaked in 5 mins in the hot tub too...)

I WISH I were as fit as my dog. He's the perfect size and shape, lean and muscular, with flowing black hair (my own Antonio Banderas dog). True athlete, and naturally small appetite. Lucky beast!

I'll do my best to catch up with him though!

you go pizza...you will be an even better looking fitter Dog in no time.....er that didnt sound right....you know what i mean.

My Boston T is always looking fit.

I've been bad!

I played hookey from the gym yesterday--had an IPL laser treatment for my blushing/rosacea. They say it feels like a rubberband zapping you in the face--not even close. Felt like I was being splattered with boiling bacon grease--youch! Today--nothing! Can't even tell I had anything done. I know, that's the beauty of IPL, but I'd like to see SOME indication that it's working. You know...a third eyeball sprouting from my forehead...something...

Today, it's 80 degrees here, so I rode my pony instead. :drool:

I was still active (just turning the horses out involves walking a mile), but I don't count it as exercise--too much fun. Short sleeve weather--gotta love Texas!

Me, rubbing it in:

My neighbor called--having an impromptu pool party (just us stay-at-home girls).

SWIMMING--in March... And margaritas...:drool:

Me, rubbing it in:

My neighbor called--having an impromptu pool party (just us stay-at-home girls).

Just wrong.

Its still 25f here.

Me, rubbing it in:

Lessnless, now is that nice to be gloating about your weather :tongue2:?

Since you're being such a bad girl, I'm going to give it right back to ya.

Where I live we can sun ourselves on gorgeous beaches, swim in the warm waters of the Caribbean (or a pool if we want to be really boring), and have Margaritas made with good rum, cheap 24/7/365.

NaNaNaNaNa :tt2:!

misc14.gif

Crazy Ates March Exercise Challenge

11/30 Exercise Sessions

(7 Cardio, 2 Core Strength & flexibility, 2 Weight training)

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

Okay, no more silly posts. And Lessnless, I hope you know I was just having some fun with you :drool: -- I think you are a hoot! I loved it when you told Daddy the other day that you were built for style not speed.

Salsa, congrats on the wonderful news you got from your Dr. Wow!!! I am simply astounded at how quickly things are moving along for all of us.

I am having my first PS consult next Friday in Florida and I am really looking forward to it (Yipee!!!)

But get ready friends, now that I am going down this road, I promise you that I will be driving myself and everyone around me (including all of you) absolutely nuts obsessing about every little detail, nuance and permutation of this whole process -- because that's the way I am about everything, and I'm too old to change now :tongue2:.

I am really impressed with the credentials of the first Dr. I am seeing in Florida, but he will in no way be the last Dr. I see before I make a final decision. I plan to review the credentials of probably a dozen or more Doctors, and have consults with no fewer than three (and possibly even as many as five). For me picking the surgeon will probably be a lot more painstaking and traumatic than the surgery itself!

Anyhow, it's great to see everyone doing so well. Crazy Ates Rock!!!!

I got an hour of cardio in today.

Have a great night everyone!!!

misc14.gif

11/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Oh so much to comment on! Everyone is really working it this month. Great job everybody and the results are showing up in the tickers! We are an awesome bunch.

Yes, the weather here is fabulous, but my parents are staying at my house now while mom continues to recover from her broken hip. That's why I said I'd rather be anywhere but here. Love um, but dear god, they drive me crazy! Exercise is helping me cope.

Frangi & Pizzi, thanks for your comments on yoga. I need it bad. The meditative aspect of it appeals to me a great deal (especially lately). I've really improved with the cardio and strength training, but now I need to get busy working specifically on flexibility. I checked the web site you referenced Pizzi, and I think I'll order that DVD for starters. I don't have time right now for another class, but maybe this will get me started.

Ok, I'm gonna ramble a bit about plastic surgery, so stop reading if you're not interested. I'm so excited that several of us are starting to explore the possibilities! Yeah, Salsa & Frangi. I had my first consult yesterday with a very highly regarded PS in Dallas. Definately plenty of good ones to choose from here. The good news is that he thinks I could go forward with surgery anytime. In his opinion, most of my excess weight now is not fat! WooHoo! The bad news is that I didn't care for this guy too much. He was nice enough, but seemed in a bit of a hurry and was trying to leave the room while I was still asking questions. Since I was paying for the consult, I thought he should have planned on spending more time with me. He had a woman in the room the whole time taking notes so that she could work up the pricing for me. He thinks he could get good results with a Tummy Tuck, but I got quotes for a lower body lift, breast lift with augmentation, arms and inner thighs. He would do them in three separate surgeries! LBL first, breast and arms second, and thighs last. The grand total would be almost $50,000!! Gasp! I'm going to get at least two more opinions, before making a decision, but I'm already rethinking things. I don't want to have three surgeries. I want to have my stomach and breasts fixed for sure and I'd like to do it with one surgery, so I need to get more info and see more surgeons. I also need to come to terms with what I really want and expect. My butt and thighs aren't that bad, so I might be happy with just a tummy tuck and breast job. Like you said Frangi, this deserves a very thorough investigation so I still have a lot of work to do. Can't wait to hear about the consults that are coming up for ya'll.

I have a "before and during" picture that I'd post if I could figure out how. (I don't look half bad with my clothes on, lol) I've pasted two pics side by side in a word document. Does anyone know how I could attach it or paste it into a post?

I did weights today.

7/20 Cardio Sessions

3/8 Strength Training Sessions

Wow, you guys are moving! :drool: I don't know where my head is about ps but my body is no where near ready to think about it. I'm a bit impressed with my waist right now, nothing hanging yet and an apron was my biggest concern. Oh, and these bat wings! Anywho, good luck to all of you who are there in this process! keep me informed so I know what to expect if I decide to go that way.

I got in 30 min strength training and 30 min cardio, today!

Who'sya, I joined sparkpeople. I really like the site better than fitday. Thanks for the tip you gave me atleast a month ago. I'm a little slow!

I'm feeling good, guys! I think it may have something to do with the weather change or maybe I'm able to catch up on my rest because of SPRING BREAK!!!!:teeth_smile::hurray:

Take care all!

Becky, are you kidding me???? I just about fainted when I read your post. $50K???? That's insane!!!

Well, if these are the kind of numbers that also I get from Docs in the US, then I will just leave the country again. On principal, I won't pay ridiculous, overinflated prices.

Mexico is a strong possibility since I have already been there once, but Brazil and Argentina both intrigue me as well. Buenos Aires is supposed to be a lovely place with some excellent plastic surgeons, and it's well known that Brazil is just about the plastic surgery capital of the world, with lots of great docs.

Oh Boy, this is going to be harder than we thought -- huh?

Well, at the very least, it's great to get an idea of what might need to be done. I'll keep my fingers crossed that my quote will be a bit more reasonable............

Let's keep our dialogue going, we can exchange information and learn from each other.

misc14.gif

11/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

I have a "before and during" picture that I'd post if I could figure out how. (I don't look half bad with my clothes on, lol) I've pasted two pics side by side in a word document. Does anyone know how I could attach it or paste it into a post?

So this is how I do my pictures. I would copy what you have in word and paste it into Microsoft Paint (I am assuming you are not using a Mac). Then save it and go to the additional options section under the posting screen. Then click Manage Attachements. When you do that another screen will pop up. On the first line it will say "upload file from your computer". Click browse and find the picture that you want. Click on it and then click on upload. Then you can preview your post or hit submit reply like you do for a normal post.

As for the PS, because of the way that I am having it financed I only have 1 surgeon in my area to choose from. However, my lap band doc recommended me to him because he sends many of his patients to him. I have seen the credentials and the before and after pics of the patients and they look good. My doc was very positive about him and I would take the word of my doc any day. He is a wonderful, caring and brilliant surgeon. So I just hope I like this guy. I may go to another doctor just for the consultation to see what they would say to compare notes. But for me, I got my first consultation through my lap band doc who has done abdominoplasties before, so I am fairly confident. (I say that shaking in my boots!)

By the way I am using doctorssayyes.com and my total surgery cost for the TT will be 8500$. I really want my breasts done, but right now I can live with those. My doctor was adament about getting the extra skin off now. Like your doc Becky he doesn't think I have much fat left to get off. Perhaps we should start a PS thread on here. That way we don't overrun the exercise board!

By the way I ran for 1.5 miles tonight and did an hour of total cardio!

Sounds like we need a PS thread, but I'll dive in here for now. I'm a little confused. I'd always heard you should hold off on PS to see how much skin recoil you have before going for surgery. Has that recommendation changed?

I give you credit for considering it - the whole pain and healing thing scares the bejeezes out of me! I'm nowhere near ready for it anyway but I think I'm starting to see more loose skin and less fat now (my legs and lower body have a ways to go yet).

I did hear a radio ad in LA for a Tummy Tuck and b**b job for under $7k. Wonder if it's the surgeon from the Simpsons at that price...