Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chat room ideas

I was reading a thread here tonight about Support Group Topics. I had an idea that I wanna run by you guys. Get some feedback.

We have this wonderful tool on this website and we aren't even using it properly.

The Chat tool.

What if we see if there is enough interest in scheduling a structured 1 hour chat on a specific topic for the month. Maybe one of the moderators could either lead the chat or someone could volunteer to lead it.

Feedback guys?

Let's get back to what this site is all about.

Support, information, guidance, love, and caring about each other.

Who's with me?

Geez I feel like Jerry Maguire. LOL!!!

Quote:

Who's with me?

Geez I feel like Jerry Maguire. LOL!!!

Hey Jerry, your'e hired! I think it's a great idea...maybe with an Eastern Time chat and a Pacific time chat. Anyone could join in, of course, but a 7pm EST on a workday would not work for you folks out west, ya know? Unless the chats were late at night enough...I think it's an awesome idea, especially when there's a topic....I'm in!

I read that Jerry you're hired and I got confused. LOL!!! Then I realized what you meant. I am too tired tonight. LOL!!!

I just think this would be a good way to let people come and learn that doesn't like to or can't go to support group meetings.

OK those that are interested please respond with a topic for the first chat and a time that works for you.

Ex: Fills = fluoro vs non fluoro @ 7pm EST

Okay, for me it's better after the kids are in bed...so if it's EST, then 9 or 10pm. If it's Pacific, well, do the math, what 3 hours back? Now, that's MY perfect schedule, if you want in on it, post it here. Otherwise, me and Penni will discuss fills with and without flouro at, dang, what time is it? EST, Central Mountain Pacific Coast Bash time...it's too late. Ya'll figure it out and I'll be there...ha!!!

I think we would need to split it into two different scheduled chat times. A transscript of the chat should be made available for those who do not participate in the chat.

Great idea!

I think we would need to split it into two different scheduled chat times. A transscript of the chat should be made available for those who do not participate in the chat.

What a great idea Penni

is it possible to have side-by-side chat rooms on one screen? maybe one for a LBT subject & one just to get to know you chat?

I'm not that great with computers so I don't really know.

Sounds good to me, I'm Mountain Standard

So do not know what my time would be..

There is a "FLOAT" button that will take you from room to room. You will lose some of the talk in between rooms though.

What a great idea Penni

is it possible to have side-by-side chat rooms on one screen? maybe one for a LBT subject & one just to get to know you chat?

I'm not that great with computers so I don't really know.

Hey I need to chat now about Flouro vs. No Flouro :)

Great idea about chat sessions and certain topics. Since I'm up at the crack of dawn, I'm not usually up very late, so I might miss the sessions, but would like to try to make it occassionally.

This is a great Idea Penni!! I was thinking Transscripts... then reading down I see that vinesqueen beat me to it hehehe..

But yeah Its a great idea!!! Im also MST

Penni, that's a great idea, the later time works better for me as well. I'm usually more settled in at the computer around that time, got all the family do's out of the way.

I agree we have a valuable tool there we're not utilizing.

Thanks