Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are my Feb Double Vs doing?

It's been a couple few weeks for some of us, so I think it's time for an update from everyone!

I'm just over 2 weeks out and SO happy I did this. I still have quite a bit of restriction, but not enough to make eating uncomfortable, so I'm having a pretty easy time of it. I can eat more than they want, but still not all that much. For dinner last night I had 2 thin slices of pork tenderloin (maybe 2" across and 1/4" thick), half a small red potato, and maybe 8-10 green Beans and I was VERY full.

I'm down exactly 10lbs since surgery 16 days ago. I'm thrilled with this as I hadn't expected to drop much, if any. And I was afraid that what I HAD lost, I'd regain after moving to soft diet. But, so far so good! I'm down about 15lbs total if you include my preop diet, and 31+ pounds from when I started WW in Sept. I'm just floored that I've lost over 30 pounds and that I'm not going to gain it back. Every morning when I step on the scale and the number isn't higher, I am just thrilled. When it's lower, I just don't know what to do with myself.

Why didn't I do this 3 years ago??? :blushing:

Hi Angie

Glad to see you are doing so well. Me too! Including the pre-op diet I'm down 20 pounds. It's such a crazy feeling to get up every morning and WANT to get on the scale. Even crazier to be on mushies and take a few bites and be like--ugh I'm full, don't want anymore:lol:

And the very best part is to know that the weight I lose will not be coming back:thumbup:

Keep up the good work Double V's!!!

It's so nice to hear how well everyone is doing! Life really is better with the band. I said goodbye to the 250's (pounds), then the 240's and now I'm working my way out of 230's. I'm *hoping* to get to onederland sometime this summer, I'm gonna do my best! When the weather gets nicer here in Michigan, it'll really help to be able to get outside and walk. I want to buy a new mountain bike as well.

Diet - 7 days out here, and finished with my full liquids phase - I can start some mushies! I had a half cup of cream of wheat this morning, it so soooo good. My dietitian recommends introducing only one mushy (or pureed as she calls it) food a day over the next week. Taking it slow is ok with me, I haven't been all that hungry. Feeling great otherwise!

I too wish I had done this sooner, but ah well . . . I'm here now, and that's what counts!

Just keep swimming all! :thumbup:

hey bandland,

I'm 23 days out now and had my first fill 2 days ago. It's so nice to have restriction again. wow how i missed that!!!!

I'm full of gratitude and feeling like 5 years of wear and tear have been removed from my body.

i weighed this am and am down 1.4 pounds since my adjustment....i had yo yoed 2 lbs for 9 days previous.

and here's a funny...i looked at the scale and said to myself oh good i'm at 276.2 now......as i was walking away i did a double take to realise it is 262.2 now. i haven't seen 260's in 2-3 years...took a minute to sink in

today i've been band compliant, and have lifted weights on a break from work for 5-8 min.

and went on my usual lunch time walk /head clearing for 25 min

i never could have done as well without my precious beloved band

amanda

Hello all! I have been out of town for the last week and just got back. I was so eager to get back on-line and see how my Victorious Valentine friends are doing. So here's my update.

The bad news: I'm hungry! I'm a week away from my first fill, and feel no restriction at all. I can eat as much as I want (but I'm not) and haven't felt overfull since my swelling went down. Staying under 1000 cal. when you're hungry stinks!! I suppose this is band hell? But no weight gain, thankfully - just a pitiful pound a week loss for the last 2 weeks. While I was out of town visiting my sister, it was so hard not to indulge! Besides an unfortunate incident involving ice cream at a movie theater, I managed to stay partially on track.

The good news: Last time I flew on an airplane, I just barely got the belt fastened. I knew I was a few lbs away from a belt extender - my worst nightmare. The thing was so tight that my belly was almost hanging completely over the belt and I had to hold my magazine just right so the flight attendant wouldn't notice I was being cut in half by the belt!! This week I flew, and guess what - 4 beautiful inches of spare belt hanging out AFTER I buckled it!! And, for the first time in years, my butt stayed nicely on my side of the seat, and did not pooch out under the armrest and steal space from my seat mate.

Now, that is an NSV to celebrate!

Whew...it is good to be back! Please tell me some of you are experiencing bandster hell also??

Hey Bandsters!

I had a fill one week and one day ago, I have lost 10 pounds, do you think that is 2 much?

I am not sure if I am eating enough, this morning I had a muffin which I was surprised went down and did not come back up, at lunch I had a small whole wheat pita very thin with a spoonful of tuna on it. For supper I had about 6 green Beans, 3 ounces of salmon which most of it came back up.

Do you think I should be eating more? I am drinking Water and I dont feel bad but I am worried that it might not be enough.

The fill was my first and it was 2.5 cc's

I'm two weeks post-op. I've lost 14 pounds since surgery, 27 total since Jan 1.

I feel great! Haven't had any complications that I know of, no nausea, no problem eating or drinking, I don't htink I have any restriction because I can eat about a cup of food, and then don't really feel all that full. I'm measuring my food and only eating what I am supposed to. Luckily I haven't been particularly hungry. I am making sure I am getting the required amount of Protein each day and drinking lots of Water between meals.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Can't believe some of you have already had fills. My first fill is April 3.

Take care,

Hi everyone,

I'm 1wk 1d post op and feeling ok. I have some mucus build up(sorry tmi) and im not sure if thats my asthma or pneumonia??I dont have a constant cough or anything else just mucus in my throat and chest. I may call the dr later.

I never bought a scale because I was afraid to become obsessed with weighing myself, but now im freaking cause i dont know what I weigh, lol.

Oh well, such is life! congrats to all.

Hey girls and (maybe some guys?) =)

I'm still feeling pretty great, considering. =) Last night I ate a sugar-free popsicle and NEVER AGAIN. I had horrible, painful gas in my stomach and everywhere else. Definitely not worth it, especially since I haven't had too many gas issues.

I think one of my steristrips has already fallen off, but I'm not sure. Nine left and then I'll be soooooo thrilled! They are starting to get a little itchy. I still can't believe I'm doing so well.

I've lost fourteen pounds since Monday, yay!, and as my stomach shrinks a little the pain in the port area is lessening. I think it's because my stomach is so gross, big and hangy that it's pulling on the port when I sit up or walk. I'm actually walking around holding my stomach up like I'm holding a baby, so the pain won't be as bad. I'm soooo sexy. lol

I'm not getting enough liquids or Fiber in but I'm increasing it daily. I'm having trouble with taking drinks that are too big so today I finally resorted to setting a timer and only taking a sip every three minutes. Otherwise my stomach really lets me know it isn't happy.

I still can't believe how well I'm doing and how great I feel! I was scheduled to go back to work on Monday but thanks to snow days this week I won't have to go back until next Thursday. I'm really grateful for those extra days because I'm not sure I'd be ready by Monday.

What are you guys eating? Believe it or not, I've stuck to my doctor's post-op diet to the letter. I've been eating half cups of cream Soup and Protein drinks. I also ate some Jell-O. I've been putting Liquafiber in my Protein Drinks and flavored waters but I still haven't had a BM since the surgery. I'm not feeling bloated or constipated yet though so I'm not worried.

I'm actually able to sleep/lie on my stomach already as long as I have a soft blanket under my belly.

Ok, enough about me! lol I just wanted to give you all the scoop to see if any of you are going through the same things.

taismommy, You just motivated me to pull out the Incentive (breathing thingie) they gave me at the hospital. I can't imagine not having a scale. I'm definitely obsessed!

StLouisGal, I'm not having much hunger either. Thank you LORD!!!!! I hope it stays this way until I can get to the real food stage!

I still can't believe some of you guys are getting fills already! I'm going to be soooo jealous when I go for my six-week checkup if my doc won't let me have one.

jnbwilds, I'm so happy for you about the seatbelt on the plane experience. I had to use an extender the last time I flew and it was mortifying. YAY!!!!