Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

stretching of upper pouch

Help! im feeling really lost

went for my third fill yesterday and i didnt do too good with my weight loss this month! i only managed to lose 1/2 kilo....:)

im very confused my surgeon said that im overeating! i told him that i often get the stuck feeling and i know i cant eat anymore,, well i thought thats the sign that its time to stop eating,,at times i eat 1/4 of a sandwich and get that feeling!

he said i got to stop eating way ahead and not experience that feeling,, lease help me guys,, is this true,, so that means that if i get that feeling on 1/4 of a sandwhich i got to stop eating on less than a 1/4!

im so depressed caused he said by overeating like this im stretching the upper pouch,, and boy oh boy,, i reckon ive achieved that..

ive also joined the gym and go 3 times a week.. could i be turning my fat to muscle?

Help! im feeling really lost

went for my third fill yesterday and i didnt do too good with my weight loss this month! i only managed to lose 1/2 kilo....:)

im very confused my surgeon said that im overeating! i told him that i often get the stuck feeling and i know i cant eat anymore,, well i thought thats the sign that its time to stop eating,,at times i eat 1/4 of a sandwich and get that feeling!

he said i got to stop eating way ahead and not experience that feeling,, lease help me guys,, is this true,, so that means that if i get that feeling on 1/4 of a sandwhich i got to stop eating on less than a 1/4!

im so depressed caused he said by overeating like this im stretching the upper pouch,, and boy oh boy,, i reckon ive achieved that..

ive also joined the gym and go 3 times a week.. could i be turning my fat to muscle?

Darling I am not a doctor so really can't answer your question - and the only way your doc can tell if you streached your pouch is with fluro (xray)

Heck I eat 1 - 2 cups of food and my doc knows this and he never said anything about streaching my pouch - this morning I had made myself 1/2 of a Peanut Butter sandwich for Breakfast - i ate about 1/2 of it - I was full - I don't think that amount of food is streaching my pouch...

What is your typical daily food -how many calories are you eating a day and what kind of exercise are your doing and for how long.

you should Stop Eating BEFORE you get the stuck feeling. the STUCK feeling definitely should not be your sign to stop....in fact, i HATE that feeling and i'm wondering how on earth you have been putting up w/that miserable feeling.

also, it may be the bread on the sandwich that is causing that stuck feeling too. i stay away from bread, rice, & Pasta bc they tend to get "stuck" more often the not.

hope that helps.

oh, and from what i understand, it takes over eating over a period of time before you'll stretch the pouch, but the previous post is correct, they have to do the fluoro (xray) in order to tell if there is stretching of your pouch.

good luck! and let us know how every thing turns out for you.

xoxo, christie

Well frankly I think he's wrong. You may have to change WHAT you eat, perhaps you just cannot handle the sandwich, but the stuck feeling sounds more like something actually stuck, not a stretched out overfull pouch.

You may need to work more on eating right - chewing, waiting between bites and eating slowly as any of us can get stuck at any time on anything without concentrating. When you've got that all right, you should be able to eat slowly till you're comfortable, and that MAY be 1/4 of a sandwich if you're very tight, but I can eat a whole one, without discomfort, just satiety.

I also find I have lots of times when I think I need another fill but I"m eating around the band - eating easy to eat foods - when I revert to what I should eat - Protein, grains, fruit and vegetables, yep, I get full quickly and stay full. When I eat crackers, Soup, yogurt, I'm still looking for more an hour later.

Its quite a detailed operation getting your band to work properly and it requires a lot of commitment and continued vigilance, you get comfortable and the weight loss slows. That doesnt actually matter, you CAN take a breather if you want or need to, enjoy a few treats, and then get back to business.

Guys thanx for ur advice,, the bread i use is 9 grain bread,, i thought the same, avoid the foods u cant tolerate,, my surgeon said to keep eating it,, e.g homemade bread! one bite and it feel stuck,, he said keep eating it!! lol

ive joined the womens gym CURVES and i attend 3 times a week....my surgeon has never mentioned how many calories i should be having....he just said no dieting cause i busted his nuts to give up carbs,, this is my 3rd fill at my previous to appointments ive been losing 2 kilos and he was happpy about it. all he kept saying it could take 3 to 4 fills for me to get really good restriction.

ive been so down after yesterdays appointment that this morning ive gone out and bought lettuce and have said to myself im eating that for the whole day from now on,,, bad approach i know.. all ive had today was coffee and 1 hard boiled eggs which ive nibbled on for one hour....

i suppose its all a learning process and as i learn i will make this work hey!

oh my god,, ive spent the past 30 minutes in the bathroom i made half a ham sandwhich and ate less than the 1/4 and i got stuck,, but this time the feeling wasnt like other times it was hurting me and my mouth was sliming , eventually i vomited,,,,,am i too tight? i tried really hard not to vomit but my mouth was sliming,,, sorry to describe it to u all.........

I'd give up on the bread, honestly. Its obviously something you just cannot tolerate. Try some crispbreads instead, I find them a good substitute for a sandwich which, even for me with my cast Iron stomach, is hard work.

What on earth is your surgeon on? Everyone knows bread can be impossible to tolerate for many bandsters. Its refreshing to hear of a surgeon that doesnt tell you to give up carbs completely, but sheesh, why on earth would he encourage you to keep eating something that causes such a problem?

How do you go with other foods, all you've mentioned is sandwiches?

Jacqui, too early to tell if i cant tolerate anythiing else.. i had my 3rd fill yesterday and had the vomitting incident today but previous to this fill, bread would fill stuck and cause pain but nothing like today though,,

before this fill maybe i was eating too much because no matter really what i ate i would get the pain and feeling stuck and i had pressumed it was the bands way of telling me if had enough...one thing i ate a few days and springs to my head right now is 1/2 hard boiled egg and 1/4 of garden Tomato gave me the stuck feeling,, sorry i hope im making sense its all new to me after the post before this one that i wrote i realised what it means to pb....

Jacqui just tell me, i need to to stop eating my meals way ahead before i feel the full stuck feeling RIGHT?even if its just 1 or 2 small bites into that 1/4 of sandwich, even though im not full i got to stop dont I?

You are going to have to pay attention closely to your body and what you can tolerate. I can't tolerate any bread, whole grain or not. I have to say I think your doctor is wrong there. Also, Tomato skins give me problems--hard to chew up into small enough pieces not to cause difficulty and blockage. Take everything very slowly, chew thoroughly, and determine if a particular food is going to work for you. The foods you can tolerate often change from fill to fill, from day to day, and from time of the month to time of the month.

As I've said before, whoever said this was the EASY way to weight loss is woefully underinformed.

If you're getting that stuck feeling on other foods, then yes, you're either overeating (and truly, if you're getting full to stuck on 1/2 a boiled egg and 1/4 of a Tomato, then you most certainly do not need any more fills at the moment, you're probably bordering on too tight) or you need to chew better, eat more slowly. Perhaps try a hot drink before you eat to open your band up a little?

You *should* be able to eat a wide variety of healthy Proteins, vegetables (maybe not raw, not everyone can tolerate raw veges), cereals such as oatmeal etc.

But common problem foods that give many bandsters issues are lettuce, raw vegetables with skins, bread, eggs, anything doughy or cakey, red meat and sometimes chicken.

Also after a fill, you're often a bit irritated and swollen and many doctors recommend a regime of liquids then mushies and THEN solids after a fill, taking a few days to transition back to a normal diet. Trying to eat a sandwich when you know that pre fill it gave you problems is really only asking for issues.

I hope you get this sorted, your doctor doesnt appear to be very supportive.

i've had 4 fills, and most of the time i can only eat 1/4 of a sandwich. that is all i can have. i rarely even attempt more, unless i just really need my calories for the day, but i have to take a break to finish it.

it was hard to adjust to, but that is just the way i am, if it's got bread on it, on 1/4 for me, and that is with 1 or 2 thin pieces of deli meat, one piece of cheese and miracle whip.

i am pretty tight, and i used to pb daily. i do not do that anymore, but recently i have had all out vomits. where it settles in my stomach and then all the sudden it doesn't work.

that is horrible..heaving...drooling, etc.