Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 Day Pouch Test

Day one of the test for me. I'm not eating great but I am way below my daily calories. Starbucks is my FAVORITE Liquid Protein. Can you tell? lol!

Breakfast: Starbucks Tall Peppermint Mocha, no whip (200 cal/10 pro)

Lunch: chocolate pudding w/ Unjury Protein (140 cal/9 pro)

Dinner: Bean and Bacon Soup pureed (152 cal/15 pro)

will have later tonight...

Snack:Starbucks Tall Peppermint Mocha, no whip (200 cal/10 pro)

Late snack:Chocolate pudding w/ unjury protein (70 cal/4.5 pro)

So far so good. :) How is everyone else doing?

Peppermint white mocha is my favorite. DO you have them make it with 2% milk.. I figured it was much worse than that!! I may have to start having one daily.:)

Peppermint white mocha is my favorite. DO you have them make it with 2% milk.. I figured it was much worse than that!! I may have to start having one daily.:huh2:

Tall, 2%, no whip= 200 cal, 10g pro :tongue2:

starbucks® beverages

Yesterday was a weird day. Long story short... I had pureed chili for dinner and for some reason after only two bites, and an hour of struggling, I PBed big time. So I'm still on liquid and mush and didn't get much to eat/drink yesterday.

Yesterday

Lunch: chocolate Slimfast (190 cal/ 10 pro)

Snack: Jello (80 cal/ 2 pro)

Dinner: PBed

Snack: Starbucks Tall Peppermint Mocha, no whip (200 cal/10 pro)

Snack: Baby Bell cheese (70 cal/ 5 pro)

I am so super hungry today. I wish I could eat a great big juicy steak and baked potato.:smile2: My band is so tight from PBing that I'm afraid to have anything more solid than mashed potatoes anyway-- a blessing in disguise I suppose.

Today

Lunch: chocolate Slimfast (190 cal/ 10 pro)

Snack: Mashed Potatoes (119 cal/ 2 pro)

Going to try pureed chicken enchilada Soup for dinner

Is anyone else trying the 5 day test this week?

I am trying this for 5 days. I think I need it to get my head back on straight. I have been consuming too much carbs, too many easy foods and too much alcohol! Supposedly, this should help to get back on track - which is where I want to be.

Thank you so much for this link! This may be exactly what I've been looking for. I'm going for a small fill on Friday and it is a perfect time for me to do this, as I will likely be tight anyway. Now I almost wish I wasn't going for a fill, but it may be a good thing.

I'd love to hear how others did with this. Did it help?

Mary

So how do you know you just need a fill? Or, you just like carbs. I, too, eat way too many carbs but I think that is head eating not anything to do with my band.

I figured I needed a fill because I can eat more at one time now than I could initially. I don't tend to eat any bread or carbs (maybe a cracker with lunch, but not bread) but a little whileago I noticed that I was able to have an entire toasted Tomato sandwich and no PBing. I went for a fill today and they said that I have likely lost weight in my stomach, which means that the stomach opening is looser. I had .5cc put in today and I had Soup for lunch and it wasn't a problem (which is good) so I likely needed that.

I have to say though, lately my problem has been that no matter what I eat or don't eat, the weight loss has been stalled. I'm exercising five times a week, eating well and still no losses, so I have started eating things that I have been happy not to bother with previously. And that is all about the head. It's the attitude that "if not eating any junk and eating healthy isn't getting me anywhere, why am I bothering?" So I went today and they recommended that I do that 5 day pouch test this week and see if that nudges anything. She also said that if not, she'd refer me for a metabolic rate test to see what my metabolism was as well. So I'm kind of enthusiastic again! And it was nice to feel that they believed me and wanted to help.

Mary

Edited by marivan

I found it at 5daypouchtest.com and it basically starts you back at the liquid stage for two days and you only drink Protein drinks, then gradually add Protein only for the remaining three days. It helps you get back to basics with your band, and off of sugar or any "slider" foods you may have been relying on. I found it a great help.

I recommend though that if you try it, make sure to take some fibre like benefibre, as it is hard on your bowels to only have protein. But this is only for five days, then start eating your usual fruits and veggies as well.

Check out that web site and it explains it much better detail.

Mary