Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 31st!

Good Morning all, did some more research and received info from another message board....bad breath/halitosis can be caused by ketosis. Didn't know that. Apparantly I need more carbs - how the heck do I do that? Will someone share what they are normally eating? I meantioned this before but I basically have:

Carnation Instant Breakfast with Beneprotein added,

cream Soup a couple times during the day

pudding a couple times during the day

couple bottles of Water. The dietician said I could see if I tolerated sugar free applesauce which I do - so I've had a couple of those. Help!

Good Morning all, did some more research and received info from another message board....bad breath/halitosis can be caused by ketosis. Didn't know that. Apparantly I need more carbs - how the heck do I do that? Will someone share what they are normally eating? I meantioned this before but I basically have:

Carnation Instant Breakfast with Beneprotein added,

cream Soup a couple times during the day

pudding a couple times during the day

couple bottles of Water. The dietician said I could see if I tolerated sugar free applesauce which I do - so I've had a couple of those. Help!

I was banded on 3/31. I have lost 16 pounds since Monday!

I am eating: (I just looked up the carb contents for you)

sugar free Popsicles (Edys fruit Bars are delicious, 8 gms carbs)

Slim Fast High Protein shakes (24 gms carbs)

G2 (Gatorade drink) (7 gms carbs per serving)

and, the stuff you are, except fo the Carnation Instant Breakfast.

Are you feeling any better?

I love this message board - we're all in the same boat. thanks for looking up the info- how nice of you.

I'm going back to work Monday and to the Doctor - we'll see if I've lost anything - I feel like I haven't since my belly sticks out further than it did before!

The weather is beautiful here today - going out with my son so he can run his errands.

I'll for sure be back on here Monday after work to report in (if not before then!)

Hi all, Its cool all of us on here. wow mom, great weight loss. I have lost 6 lbs and thought that was great. roster, i know what you mean about the belly thing. i think its the gas that does that. You are tough to go back to work so soon. My dr wants me out 2 wks-1 month. hey who am i to argue? LOL Luckily i work for the government and have alot of time saved up. How was your first day back to work roster? do you think we should go back on a monday where we will have to go 5 days or start with a partial wk. what do you do for a living? My cuts are all healed up and hardly hurt except below the big long one. I would assume this is where my port is. I cant wait until i can sleep on my belly again. Has anyone been able to do this? What are you all eating? Sorry your hungry roster, i havent really had that problem. My big thing is cooking for my family and having to drink sf carnation instant breakfast. man i will never drink that stuff again. I like my Soups in hand but am getting sick of Tomato which i think is the only one that doesnt have stuff in it. I have been eating sf popcycles but like the idea of the fruit bars above. My family says i havent been as bad as they thought i would be. I even went grocery shopping for them. 7 more days guys and we start the mushies. Yahoo

Newbeginnings

Has it only been a week?!? I am so glad to be back at work, time just seemed to drag when I was around the house most of the day.

I have been getting my Protein in, and trying a few other Soups that I strain all the chunky stuff out of. I was finding I was really missing the “savory” tasting foods and broth only does so much. I also drink a v8 each night and while I know it is high in sodium it gives me that satisfaction I really want right now.

I go for follow up with surgeon on Wednsday. Scars are healing nicely. Does anyone else wonder where exactly there port is? I think I can feel it but I am just not sure if that is just scar tissue.

I m hungry sometimes and don't think I have much restriction at all. I am looking forward to the "mushy" stage.

Hi all, sorry it took me so long to jump back in. I am eating pretty much the same as everyone else. But I am with roster, I am starving! To be honest, I don't really think that my body is hungry, I think that it is more head hunger than anything. I would sell my left foot right now to be able to chew something and swallow. Mushies are sounding like total Heaven right now! Wow, congrats on the 16 lbs Mom!!!!!!! I just weighed myself a few hours ago, and I am oficially 8 lbs down. I am finding it hard to get in all of my liquids though, I keep forgetting to drink.

Hello Everyone!

We are finally a week post-op. I hope everyone is doing well. I am really having a hard time with just liquids, I go for my first follow-up on Wednesday & I believe I will start the "mushie" diet after my visit.

Surgery went well, thankfully no complications, the x-ray tech showed me my lap band & port on the x-ray screen & indicated it was perfectly placed & looked great (was really weird to see that inside of me!).

My surgery was @ 7:30 a.m. last Monday morning, I woke up in recovery about 10:30 a.m. and was taken directly to my hospital room, was discharged the next morning at 9 a.m. It was short & sweet! I have to say I slept most of Tuesday though, due to the anesthesia. I stopped taking pain meds on Friday. I feel like I have regained strength everyday. I can't go back to work until this Thursday though b/c they can't see me in their office until Wed. & won't release me to work before then......... oh well....... I don't want to push it anyway.

Sounds like everyone is doing well. I have to agree very much with the comments about hunger from the liquid diet, I just about went off my rocker yesterday morning, I felt like the liquids just weren't cutting it. I was carefully following the diet too, but I found I had to add more liquids/protein drinks to be satisfied, besides, hunger is bad for your metabolism, it works against your metabolism, so I didnt feel bad about giving my stomach the extra liquid Protein when I needed it.

This is a great tool we have, I plan to make the most of it! Take care everyone!

I love this site! Went to the doc today and I'm down 6 lbs. He was pleased. I guess every doc is different. He said between tomorrow and Friday to start introducing what he calls pureed....adding yogurt, scrambled egg, cottage cheese, mashed potatoes with low fat gravy, can add melted cheese to egg too. There were a few more suggestions, but don't recall them right now. I will be on that 'pureed' diet for about a week and then I can start introducing soft food - what he described as baby food type. I have to read what he meant.

Going back to work was the best thing I could have done - I was so busy I didn't have time to think about hunger or food. (I work in Public Relations for a hospital-desk job).

I'm healing well and if the sterii-strips don't fall off by Saturday, he said to just take them off.

I am so happy that I have started on this journey...BTW - I cheated and my family had a pizza and there was a little piece of burnt cheese left on the pan - I picked at it and got a piece about the size of dime and chewed and chewed and chewed .....it was delightful!

Hey no fair, some of you guys get to eat cottage cheese and yogurt. I usually don't care much for that stuff but now I cant wait to eat it. I was bad yesterday and sucked on an orange. I didnt eat any of the pulp or anything but man oh man did it taste good. I have already pulled off all of my steri strips. They were bugging me. I think the port is under the longer straight incision if i had to guess. I haven't been able to feel it yet LOL but maybe by May 8, my first fill, i will have. I just think its there because of all the great people on here said it hurts the worst and the longest where the port is. I might go back to work next week. I am getting kind of bored hanging around and i think it will help keep my mind off food. Is anyone nervous about eating real food or getting their first fill? I am. I'm afraid that i will eat my food too quick after going without so long and get it stuck

Newbeginnings

checkin in with everyone - how are you all doing? I've been trying lots - cottage cheese, scrambled egg, tuna, oatmeal - all have posed no problem at all. I'm delighted. Biggest problem is still trying to get in all the Protein. Ooops, almost forgot dietician recommended Peanut Butter and banana ......what at treat