Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A new medical issue for me.

I have a question, I had a fill a week ago, its pretty tight but I am losing weight. It seems like today its not tight at all, just all the sudden, does anyone know why that would happen?

sherriberry: I don't think it's unusual for your band to loosen up after a fill. There can be some initial swelling due to the adjustment and when that goes down, you're not as tight. I've heard of just the opposite, too -- that a fill "kicks in" a couple of weeks after. It seems to be different with each person and even each fill. Good luck!

This is the strangest thing! The first email alert I got about your post included text that was full of helpful advice and links concerning endometriosis. But the post never made it on the board, that I can see. Thank you so much for your help. I will bring it up to my doctor!

I am sorry, :w00t: here are the links

If its Endometriosis check these sites out it will answer lot of your question in case that’s what your told you have. http://www.endocenter.org/ (great support group can be found here by clicking on this link ERC list serv and a usenet group called alt.support.endometriosis, which can be accessed through either Deja.com, Talkway.com or Remarq.com. ) also check out

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/endometriosis.html

http://www.hcgresources.com/endoindex.html (great resource)

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/8509/endokit.html (great resource)

mariegabrieleee: I'm glad you reposted in case anyone else comes across this thread and needs the information. However, I saved the email alert which had the body of the post that disappeared and I have saved it. I read a lot of the information at the sites and think endometriosis is a definite possibility. It matches a lot of the symptoms I've had recently and even over the past few years. I'm a little older than most women are when they are diagnosed but that's about the only characteristic that doesn't fit. I'm definitely going to discuss the possibility with my doctor(s).

Thanks again for taking the time to compile that information! You're the best! :w00t:

YOu are in my prayers Lady!! I hope you find out some concrete answers soon, I do believe it is the not knowing that is worse than knowing what it is your facing.......Hugz!!

I hope you can do something fun this weekend to take your mind off of it for at least a few hours!

Keep us informed!!

Thanks, Hon! I'm afraid I'll be doing a lot of grading but I'll be watching the Longhorns play basketball (on television) later today and we're going to a Jim Cullum concert tomorrow with my husband's folks. Jim Cullum has a Dixieland band and a club (The Landing) on the Riverwalk in San Antonio. We often go down to San Antonio to see him (about 90 minutes away) so it's great that he's coming to Austin. :w00t:

I'll be lurking online Monday, waiting to hear about your appt.

Sending good, positive vibes your way.

I may not be near a computer until I get home from work Monday night around 9 (central time) but I'll post an update. Thanks, shortgal!

Longhorn,

I've been out of touch for awhile and just got on here and read your situation. I am going to put you on my prayer chain if that's okay with you. I will keep checking this thread when I get time. Good Luck!

Bobbi

Longhorn,

I've been out of touch for awhile and just got on here and read your situation. I am going to put you on my prayer chain if that's okay with you. I will keep checking this thread when I get time. Good Luck!

Bobbi

I don't mind -- I'm honored! Thanks, Bobbi! hug.gif

Thank you - I will go and do it right now. Have a better week!

Bobbi

Hi Longhorn, sorry you are dealing with this. I had the same problem and they did the hys. several years ago. Took out six pounds of tumors. No cancer, just tumors. I am really glad I had the surgery, well past baby time here. Best of luck. Donna

Hi Longhorn, sorry you are dealing with this. I had the same problem and they did the hys. several years ago. Took out six pounds of tumors. No cancer, just tumors. I am really glad I had the surgery, well past baby time here. Best of luck. Donna

That's very encouraging and I appreciate you sharing, though I'm hoping for 20 pounds myself. :laugh:

I know this is a weight loss forum, but this thread is a shining example of what a source of power and insight it is for all other issues. Many thanks to all the wonderful women who shared their knowledge, experiences, and love with Longhorn and each other - and best of luck Longhorn. Your band sisters know that whatever it turns out to be you will be victorious!!!

Longhorn,

I pray that everything turns out okay. Let us know what you find out today.

Jill

I'm afraid the news isn't what I hoped for. I have cervical cancer that may have matasticized to my lungs. I'm getting another CT-scan first thing in the morning to get a better look. It is inoperable so I will be starting chemotherapy and radiation therapy, though I don't have the details on that yet. I could have my first treatment by the end of the week. I'll know more when I consult with the doctor tomorrow morning.

I'm doing fine. I'm a little tired, probably due to stress, but I'm not uncomfortable and I taught my class this evening. Apparently, the cancer treatment diet is similar to the band diet -- six small high-Protein meals a day. I'll talk to Dr. Ganta after I know more but I may not need to get the band unfilled. I'll probably lose weight a little more quickly, though, since my taste buds will likely be off.

I appreciate the positive thoughts, support, and prayers from all of you lovely people who have never even met me! And I'm not going anywhere, either. We're still band sisters and brothers! Thanks! :drool:

I am so sorry. I know this must be very hard on you and your family. Even though we've never met I do know that you are a very strong woman. I know that you will get through this. You have a supportive and loving family to help you and your November sisters and brothers will always be here for you.

I am sending you a very big hug!

Jill