Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I'm on my fourth day post op. I, too, wondered what I had done. But reading all of your encouragement and knowing that pretty much everyone feels that way at some point has really helped me. That said, please tell me the constant burping will go away soon. I started on Protein Shakes today and a little worried that the gas will get worse before it gets better.

Did your doctor prescribe anything for the nausea? My doctor did, though I thankfully didn't need it. Things will improve in the next few days. In my first few days post-op, I lived on Gas X thin strips (shoulder pain) and liquid tylenol. I was able to drink the Protein Drinks, though so sick of them! (I had them for a few weeks pre-op) Your hunger will go away, though not immediately. Be sure to feed your body Protein and it will help. Keep in mind that you most likely--like the rest of us--consumed thousands of calories a day and are now restricting yourself considerably. I also suggest taking short walks. They kept me busy and also helped with the pain in my shoulder. I went back to work 3 days after surgery--more because I needed to, not because I wanted to. Do something that will keep your mind off the hunger and keep you out of the kitchen. Seeing food only made me desire it more! Good luck and check back in a few days..things will get better! :tt2:

oh im so glad, after reading everyones messages im not the only one acting wierd watching the food channels or (anybody who is eating) i got banded on the 19 feb im not really hungry just really fustrated i cant eat and to make it worst my sis bought a box of a dozen krispy cremes if anyone knows about these donuts u will know what im going through besides that the pain has died down and i am sleeping alot better,

Good luck to everyone.:smile2:

i dont know why it says blacktreacle created this thread bcoz i obviously didnt it was cookienay im sorry about that im not sure what i did.

I know what you mean about the food Network Channel. I asked myself, "why am I watching this when I clearly can't have this food for at least another month?" Torture, I tell you.

And believe me, the "WTF did I just do to myself" thought came across my mind a couple times. Especially that first night when I could not get comfortable. In fact, it was at least a week before I had a full night's uninterrupted sleep. But, now I'm doing so well (even though I live in bandster hell) and I've had no complications. I'm not ready to say that it's the best decision I've ever made, but it certainly isn't the stupidest decision I've made.

I treated my recovery like a job. Every hour I got up and walked around my apartment. My doctor suggested 200 steps/hour and that's what I did. And I made sure to sip liquids and get the Protein in. But I did not worry about calories in the beginning, so I drank gatorade and watered down juice, and my Protein shakes did not have artificial sweetners. Now, of course, I don't drink them because they're too high in sugar, but when you're freshly post-op. . .

Two days post op is chickenfeed! Good heavens, if you had your tonsils out did you say "What have I done?" the day after surgery? It's SURGERY people....even at it's best it is an invasion of the body and a shock to the system. Most any surgery saps the body of strength and stamina for about two weeks at the outset. Of COURSE it gets better. Every day will get better. It took us years of abuse to get ourselves into this nasty condition, and it's going to take a few weeks of discomfort to get on the road to a new life. I think that is a small price to pay for what's in store the rest of your life. I would go through it again ten times over for what I have today!