Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all, I am two days post op and pretty much have been wondering what I have done to myself. I was so completely unprepared for the amount pain I have been experiencing. Now, as a disclaimer I am a weinie when it comes to pain. On top of the pain, I am so HUNGRY!! I know it is because I am not getting in my Protein. Hopefully tomorrow I will feel like a could choke down a Protein Drink. I have also been fighting nausea. I do not want to discourage anyone who may be considering the band, but basically just need someone to tell me it will get better. So, did anyone else out there have a rough post-op period immediately? Are you better? Not regretting? thanks, just needing some encouragement.:)

While, I am not a weinie about pain, I can tell you in all honesty it will improve. It just takes time hun, don't rush yourself and don't push yourself to much to fast.

Cookie was in your shoes in Nov 07, I am now down 37 lbs and loving it. The first two week I cried and wanted it out, So glad I stuck with it. Just hang in there, it does get alot better.

Hi hon, i understand what you are feeling. I too was in a lot of pain for a while. I still get a twinge when i move in a certain way but stick with it and it will get betteer, take care :)

I promise that it gets better and soon!!!! Keep sipping Water and keep walking. It will help get the gas out of your system. You need to stay hydrated though so make sure you keep drinking water or something as long as it's clear. Your pain medication may be making you nauseous. Try taking liquid tylenol or taking anti-nausea medication while you are taking the pain meds. Hang in there, you will feel better soon!

Cookienay, let me tell you...it gets much better...the gas hurts like heck in your shoulder and you will find yourself watching the food NETWORK and cooking shows during this time. At least, I did. My cousin had her surgery yesterday and is experiencing some of the same things. You will get through this much sooner than you think.

What have you done? If you are like me and many others on this site, you have done one of the best things ever!!!:grouphug::)

Hello and i'm sorry to hear you are having so much pain. I had my surgery January 14th 08 and it was about a month before I was completely pain free. Don't beat yourself up over this, I did the same thing wondering what I had done, it's very normal and it will get better, trust me. Your nausea could be coming from pain meds or the fact that you are hungry. I sipped on carnation Breakfast throughout the day and it seemed to help with the hunger. Take care of yourself and just remember it is going to get better!!:)

I also wondered for a couple of days afterwards WTH I had done to myself. I was in pain and that's all my mind could focus on. But I kept telling myself it would pass (which it did!) and I was on my way to some great weight loss (which I am!). Just hang in there. It'll get better!

hi i will be banded next thursday i am very nervious, i am not on diet yet, dr told to start diet 3 days before cirgury, and i saw a lot of people on diet for more than one week with liquids only, can some body explain to my why.

this is my first time writing, and sorry about my english spanish is my first language:confused:

hi i will be banded next thursday i am very nervious, i am not on diet yet, dr told to start diet 3 days before cirgury, and i saw a lot of people on diet for more than one week with liquids only, can some body explain to my why.

this is my first time writing, and sorry about my english spanish is my first language:confused:

Capina - There seems to be a big difference between doctors as to what diet they put their patients on. I haven't heard a concrete answer yet as to why that is. I was on a 3-day pre-op clear liquid diet and that's it. Regardless of what you read on here, follow what your doctor recommends 100% because your doctor is going to be the one accountable for you...not anyone on this board.

Hi all, I am two days post op and pretty much have been wondering what I have done to myself. I was so completely unprepared for the amount pain I have been experiencing. Now, as a disclaimer I am a weinie when it comes to pain. On top of the pain, I am so HUNGRY!! I know it is because I am not getting in my Protein. Hopefully tomorrow I will feel like a could choke down a Protein Drink. I have also been fighting nausea. I do not want to discourage anyone who may be considering the band, but basically just need someone to tell me it will get better. So, did anyone else out there have a rough post-op period immediately? Are you better? Not regretting? thanks, just needing some encouragement.:)

I felt just like you did after I had my gall bladder surgery several years ago. It hurt so I didn't get up and walk, it hurt so I didn't drink enough, got dehydrated, it hurt to breathe so I didn't use the little machine enough, etc. This time you had better believe I was out of the bed 1/2 hour after leaving the recovery room and drank 30 ounces of Water that day. I am sure that is why I have had virtually no pain this time around. I think if you can get the Protein in, it will help. Adequate fluids also helps. If plain Water makes you nausious, try adding a little Crystal Light to flavor it. That makes it go down better for me. Hang in there and know that it does get much better. In a few weeks it will be a dull memory. and the bonus is, in a few months you will be shopping for cute new clothes and getting ready to go to the beach. Hang in there and come on back for support whenever you need it.

Well, it is day three and I am feeling some better. Can't understand why I am torturing myself with the food channel, though. I just keep reminding myself that this time next week, I will be a different person. Thanks for all of your encouragement!!

Hi all, I am two days post op and pretty much have been wondering what I have done to myself. I was so completely unprepared for the amount pain I have been experiencing. Now, as a disclaimer I am a weinie when it comes to pain. On top of the pain, I am so HUNGRY!! I know it is because I am not getting in my Protein. Hopefully tomorrow I will feel like a could choke down a Protein Drink. I have also been fighting nausea. I do not want to discourage anyone who may be considering the band, but basically just need someone to tell me it will get better. So, did anyone else out there have a rough post-op period immediately? Are you better? Not regretting? thanks, just needing some encouragement.:tt2:

My advice is HANG IN THERE - I too, felt this same way about 3-4 days after surgery - I was in WAY more pain than I had expected - thought I was a total crybaby - but as days went on - I did start feeling better. Just to give you an idea I had surgery on a tuesday and was still taking vicodin on sunday . Now, I am 17 days out and feeling much better. I also came back to work too soon, I would give your body PLENTY of time to heal.

Glad you are feeling better. Every day gets better.