Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Watchers lovers

I am following Weight Watchers and that's the only thing that has helped me lose weight since I was banded. Any other WW lovers here?

I'm curious, how do you use WW points if you're limited on your intake by the band? Or are you using Core?

I'm doing WW, but am not yet banded. I'm trying to get down 10% before surgery. I'm down 5%, so only about 14 lbs to go!

i love the weight watchers meals . i usually buy them to take to work with me. there orange sesame chicken and rice is good.

I love the WW lunches especially the chicken and rice. One of those stuffs me full!!!

I am rejoining on Saturday. I found that I need to keep my points to 20 points a day in order to lose. That is about 1k calories. Good luck.

I am a WW girl - I don't go to meetings - but I use what I have learned from all my prior years being a WW member - I think that they have the most well rounded healthy eating plan - like they say - Diets don't work - eating healthy does. I don't count points - back when I 1st joined it was exchanges and that's basicly how i eat - protien - veggies - starches - dairy even Desserts now and again :tongue2:

I'm just starting the process but I joined WW (again) in the mean time....it's all about Portion Control for me so i'm all about their meals. The best one by far is the Santa Fe Rice and Beans...YUMMY and filling....those of you already banded definately won't be able to eat the whole thing though. Also ridiculously good is the Szecuan (SP?) chicken/pasta and the Cheddar Potatoes and Broccoli....they have a lot of really tasty meals...i'll stop talking about food now...lol

i dont go by the points or nothing i just eat one of them for my dinners when i work and eat til im not hungry or i feel like i cant eat no more.

I am on week three, trying to lose 10-15 pounds before surgery. I love WW and have done it many times over the years. I was hoping I could continue after surgery.

Dear Liz1531,

I joined WW in December because I have to lose 40 pounds before I can be banded. I've lost 25 so far, and hope to have surgery in April. I'm hoping to continue with WW after surgery because I like its balanced diet, the support from meeting members, and its behavior modification suggestions. I live in a small town with a small WW group, and one decision I'll have to make is whether to tell anyone that I have a band. I feel that the WW leaders aren't all that crazy about lap band because they feel that WW is THE WAY. I feel that the lap band will be a tool for me just like measuring cups and spoons are. I like the points system -- I'll probably just try using 15 to 20 points at first and adjust according to my weight loss. Best of luck to you. Let me know if you're using points or core and what works best for you. Also if you told anyone that you are banded.

I'm curious, how do you use WW points if you're limited on your intake by the band? Or are you using Core?

I'm doing WW, but am not yet banded. I'm trying to get down 10% before surgery. I'm down 5%, so only about 14 lbs to go!

I am following the points system and having had any problem with it. Am I eating too much if I'm able to stick to the system? I've heard that I should be eating about 1 cup or less per meal and having three meals per day and try not to have any Snacks. So, that's pretty much where I'm at.

Dear Liz1531,

I joined WW in December because I have to lose 40 pounds before I can be banded. I've lost 25 so far, and hope to have surgery in April. I'm hoping to continue with WW after surgery because I like its balanced diet, the support from meeting members, and its behavior modification suggestions. I live in a small town with a small WW group, and one decision I'll have to make is whether to tell anyone that I have a band. I feel that the WW leaders aren't all that crazy about lap band because they feel that WW is THE WAY. I feel that the lap band will be a tool for me just like measuring cups and spoons are. I like the points system -- I'll probably just try using 15 to 20 points at first and adjust according to my weight loss. Best of luck to you. Let me know if you're using points or core and what works best for you. Also if you told anyone that you are banded.

Hi Katie! Congrats on starting your journey to a new you. I have told very few people about having the band. I find that I get looked down on already by the few people who do know becuase I did get the surgery and haven't lost any noticeable weight like many others have. Also, to say I'm doing WW AFTER paying so much for surgery causes others to raise eyebrows. I just figured it's none of anyones business. When people ask if I've lost weight or ask me out to eat I tell them I follow WW. I never get too many questions going that route. I am using the points system and one WW dinner fills me perfectly. Usually I eat almost the whole thing. The old me would eat one and be STARVING an hour later. I used to call the frozen dinners appertizers.

I haven't been banded, but I hope to be able to stick to WW once I am. I'm thinking that the post-op diet that my nutritionist gave me will allow me about 880 calories and 12 fat grams per day. That would equate to about 19 WW points. Of course, this doesn't figure the Fiber, which would lower the points. I am on WWs now, but am allowed 30 points per day because of my weight. But I won't be able to eat the same volume after I'm banded. That's why I think that 19 WW points per day would be a good starting point. What do you think?

I figured the points for the following sample menu for days 7-14 post-op:

4 - 6 T Cream of Wheat 2/3 - 1 pt

High Protein Drink 4 pts

4 - 6 T Low Fat Cottage cheese 1 1/3 - 2 pts

2 T applesauce 1/3 pt

2 T cooked ground meat 2 pts

2 T mashed potatoes 2/3 pt

2 T soft cooked green Beans 0 pts

High Protein Drink 4 pts

4 - 6 T light yogurt 1/4 - 3/4 pts

4 T cooked, scrambled eggs 1 2/3 pts

2 T applesauce 1/3 pt

High Protein Drink 4 pts

This totals 19 1/4 to 20 3/4 (depending on if you eat 4 or 6 T of the cream of wheat, cottage cheese, or yogurt)

I'm recently banded and plan to continue attending WW. I love the accountability and the people there! I will NOT be telling them I had surgery, though. :)

Thanks for the tip about 20 points. I was wondering how on earth I'd eat 30 points a day and it not be ice cream. LOL