Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Clothes Exchange Forum????`

just wondering if you all had thought about having a forum for a clothes exchange? i am now on my way down and have loads of size 30-28-26 that i am not wearing now and would DONATE to a fellow bandster IF they aggree to relist when they are finished using.

i dont mind taking to the goodwill but i have seen clothes exchanges on obesity help and thought it was a great idea!

Wow I would never have thought of that, I would sign up too. I currently am in a 30-32 and have clothes on layaway that are 26-28, your idea is very cost efficient!!!

Nicole

as much as clothes cost and as quickly as we'll be going through them i know i for one cant afford to upkeep my 'busness proffessional' wardrobe for every size!!!!

the way i have seen it work on other sites is...

1. THERE IS NO SELLING OF CLOTHES

2. Donater can pay shipping or request the Donatee to send shipping cost prior to shipping clothing.

3. must agree to relist clothing after through using

i think thats it. they have a feature where you can show a photo of clothing i dont know if thats do-able???

michelle

Hi Michelle,

Just out of curiousity how many pants sizes have you gone down since you started losing weight? I am trying to get an idea of how I am going to go down in sizes as i go down in weight.

i have heard it is about 20 pounds per size... who knows??? i mean if you hit a plateu you may be loosing inches and not any pounds!!!!

i started loosing in june and i was wearing a size 30 then, by the time i had my surgery i was in a 26. the weird thing is i dont know what i weighed when i started 'loosing'- i was weighed july 2 and weighed 325. between 7-1 and 8-15 i lost 8 lbs and 1 pants size.

since banding my tummy is still swolen and i can hardly button 24's but just before i went in i could button them just not able to sit down! i wish the swelling was gone i think i could be comfy in 24's instead of tight. i am wearing 26 today and the legs are starting to look like clown pants. THEY NEED TO BE RETIRED!!!

a cool thing happened though my boyfriend and i went to the movies last friday and i fit into the seat without having to CRAM my big behind in!!!!! i smiled through the whole movie!!!! (maybe they are just making the seats a little wider these days for obese america.

Michelle -

Are you really tall (I hope)? I'm 5'6", 245 and just fit comfortably in a size 24 "Just My Size" stretch jean. :rolleyes:

i am pretty tall. i meant to mention that height has everything to do with sizes because at 5'-10" and weight 303 i carry my weight alot differently than someone 250 and 5'-2". i have even had a dr tell me "whoa, when i saw 290 on your chart and walked in i thought i had the wrong room."

not that you can be 300+ and look thin by any means i guess i just have room to spread it all around!! lol!!! i carry most weight in my tummy but every part of me is overweight.

one time when i lost enough weight to fit into a size 14 i was amazed that i weighed 215! my mother and brother (when told) were also shocked that i wasnt under 200 at that time.

...and of course brands have everything to do with sizes...

My sister is only 1 inch taller than me, and it makes such a HUGE difference! I think she can carry an extra 20 pounds than I, and be the same size. No fair!

I've never felt short, but now I wouldn't mind being taller! lol

What do you guys/gals suggest ? Do you think this will really work ??? ;-)

Have you ever tried this on Ebay ?

you can SELL your clothes on e-bay.

i just thought since we all will be going through so many sizes and the clothes we BUY will have no use to us once undergrown. sure they could be donated to goodwill, a yardsale, consignment but it would be nice to help a band buddy.

you could also have a link to one of the other clothing exchanges instead??? the link below will take you to Obestiy helps clothing exchnage page if you want to check it out.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/clothingexchange.phtml

as far as it working??? who knows. it was just an idea

Looks like they have it figured out pretty good at that site. We can flog it I guess. I don't see as many male items. Lets decide, Let me know. We caould do it here through email I guess and honest trades as well. Start a string!!