Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where am I going wrong?

Hi Fellow february Bandsters

I love reading everyones posts, however I'm confused about what I'm doing wrong.

I have only lost 5lbs post op (10 days) I know its all about the healing but after explaining this to well meaning people who ask every day "how much now?" I'm regretting telling anyone.

I have not had any BMs since pre-op. Hubbie thinks I need more Water. I'm going to float away!!

SORRY I needed to vent. Any suggestions grateful.

On a positive note I can get in a pair of jeans that I bought in May and never been able to wear.HOORAY! I also bought a new swimsuit for my trip to Cancun next week. 2x not 3x.I may even take the coverup off so people can see it!

Happy days

Nicole

Nicole,

I lost 7 lbs post op and have been floating back and forth between the 6 and 7 pound mark for days now since I began adding real foods back into my diet. After being on liquids for so long, once you begin to add real food back into your diet you sort of plateau for a while. I have seen it repeatedly on these boards. The only thing I can suggest at this point is to add more exercise. The weight will start to come off again but much more slowly than before. You will get little plunges after you get your fills, but it will come off as long as you follow all the bandster rules.

As far as people constantly asking you how much, I get that as well as I told everyone! I just tell them that the band isn't as fast as bypass and that I will lose much more gradually. They will eventuallly get tired of asking and will begin to only ask when they notice that you look a lot thinner!

For the BM problem I have heard that Milk of Magnesia works wonders.

Congrats on the NSV!! I just had to go out and get a smaller bathing suit too and it's sooooooo cute!!! Keep up the good work and have fun on your trip!!!

I don't know the rhyme or reason to why some people lose quickly after surgery and some don't. I have been really surprised at my own quick weight loss, but I fully expect it to slow down any time now.

I noticed that you don't have as much weight to lose as I do. That could be part of it. I've heard it said a lot that those who have lots to lose, usually start off quicker.

I've lost 24 pounds since February 3. There is no way that even most of that is fat. I know that a huge part of what's leaving my body right now is Fluid. So I am excited about the pounds lost, but I know I have so much work ahead of me still.

Hang in there.

You are singing my song. I'm feeling frustrated, but I know I just need to calm down. I'm scared that by not seeing results as quickly as I want, I'll get discouraged and fall into old routines.

What is your daily eating routine? I've been moved to soft foods, but don't really know how much to eat or even what to eat. I have been having a Protein shake for Breakfast, some tuna for lunch, and then tonight I had mashed potatoes and some cheese. This isn't my ideal of healthy... but don't know what else to eat.

All in all, ug. :wink2: I guess the biggest thing I'm learning now though, is how to slow down and chew! :)

boy am i relieved....i read all over about the same plateau hitting just as people are starting to recover from surgery....i still am doing my good things for myself, but that dang scale annoys me....so i am boycotting my scale for the next one week until i go to see my doc next week for my post op and first fill.....meanwhile my wedding ring is looser, i had to take a link out of my watch and i have dropped a size....i don't get how we can change and the scale not reflect it, but it seems to be true...if anyone has a logical explanation i'm all ears

amanda

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replys.I'm on full liquids so I have yop,gardenay Soups and Protein Drinks thats it until the 3rd March when I go to solid food.< /p>

Good idea! I to am not going to weigh myself.I'll have to get my husband take the scales to work or something though!

I'm also going to up my walking to an hour and see if that helps.

Thanks Nicole

Yep since adding some foods into my diet the scale hasn't changed. At least it hasn't gone in the so familiar + neither. I was told by a frient today who was banded before me that the dietician explained it is because we are consuming things that are canned or premade. These are all high in sodium, so our bodies are retaining all this Fluid. She said not to worry once we go for a first fill and meet with our dieticians our diets will change and we will drop the fluid and more lbs.

I am crossing my fingers this is so! yes....I believe!