Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first NSV

I did it! :smile2: I fit into jeans a size smaller than before surgery!! :laugh: The scale isn't acting like my friend these days, but obviously my band is :biggrin2:. Woooo Hoooo. :( Happy Dance!!

~Amy

Yep me too. I am going on vacation next week, and spent yesterday trying on clothes, and most of them are too big. I get to shop when I am away!!!!

Chrisann, I think I saw somewhere you are going to the Bahamas? IF that is correct then you are flying. I have heard from other forums, that the band has to be de-salined and I know you are getting another fill before you leave. Have you heard anything to this nature? I don't know why the saline would have to be removed other then maybe expanding and closing off the stomach? Just curious, my support group couldn't give me a good answer, yes or no.

Have fun!!!

PJ

Chrisann, I think I saw somewhere you are going to the Bahamas? IF that is correct then you are flying. I have heard from other forums, that the band has to be de-salined and I know you are getting another fill before you leave. Have you heard anything to this nature? I don't know why the saline would have to be removed other then maybe expanding and closing off the stomach? Just curious, my support group couldn't give me a good answer, yes or no.

Have fun!!!

PJ

no need for an unfill if you fly. some people do get tighter when they fly, but its usually very temporary.

My doctor knows I am going on vacation, she wanted me in two weeks before I left for the fill so that if any problems developed I would still be home. She said she doesn't like giving fills too close to vacations because if something happens and you aren't nearby, there might be no one who knows what they are doing.

Good job so far with your weight loss and NSV's Chrisann. Have you ever been to the Bahamas before? I'm just not right if I don't get in a week of beach time a year! We haven't went to the Bahamas before, which island are you going to?

Hi All,

I just flew to California this weekend and I had no trouble with my band. I was never told you would have to empty the band to fly. I am also in smaller pants today. This is the best thing I have ever done. I have my first fill next week. I can't belive it will be 6 weeks on Tuesday since I had the band placed. I think I am down around 17# since surgery, but until I weigh at the Drs. I won't change my ticker. I have a 10cc band but he put 3cc in at surgery so I'm not sure how much he will put in. I am loosing 1-2# a week which I think is good. So maybe he will put in a cc? Have a great trip Chrisann.:thumbup:Diane

Actually doing Florida Spring Training spin, and one night in Freeport. Taking a 10 day vacation. I do it every year the first week of March. Leave on a Friday and return on a Sunday, so I am only missing 5 1/2 days of work.

Flying in to Tampa, spending 3 days. Driving to Port St. Lucie and there for 2 days, one day to Freeport, then drive to Orlando, and leave from there. I don't remember posting the Bahamas in the first place, but maybe I did. Who remembers.......

Lord knows I might have already gotten island fever:blink:. Sorry about that for some reason I thought you were going to the Bahamas. Forgive me for asking such a stupid question but are you going to watch baseball spring training? You're a big Mets fan aren't you??

Yep, doing the Spring Training Spin. Tampa-Yankees, Phillies, Devil Rays, St. Lucie-Mets, Orlando area-Braves, and Astros.