Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

EASTER.. how will u avoid the choc?

:unsure:ok so easter is coming up and i got talking with the only person that knows im gettin it done, n asked wat will i tell ppl when im not eating easter bunnes on easter day... im normally into them the second i wake up

?

alternively wat else would u do for easter, and other things u can eat on the day??

any suggestions would help

If anyone is so rude as to ask you why you are not eating chocolate bunnies...tell them to stuff a bunny up their ass.

That would be rude...

You could say something like..."are you insinuating that because I am fat I should be stuffing my face with chocolate? ?? what should you be doing??? wiping yours with toilet paper??

Ok...that was stupid...I'd just tell them to eff off!

Rain

I wont avoid it, I'll eat a small amount of chocolate!

We've never gone overboard on Easter anyway, I've always hated really stuffing my face with things like that. Sounds funny from a fat person but I have. I enjoy it much more if I dont overdo it.

I eat small amounts as well -- or you can just say that I don't feel like it right now - maybe later. Or truth --I am trying to watch what I am eatting - avoiding sugar.

Maybe people won't notice. :cheers2: Happy easter and good luck!

If anyone is so rude as to ask you why you are not eating chocolate bunnies...tell them to stuff a bunny up their ass.

:cheers2::lol::ohmy::lol: Oh my, rude or not...Can I use that?? It is hysterical!!

Seriously though, I think I would just explain that I am trying to watch my weight and prefer to have something healthy as opposed to chocolate right now.

My family tends towards getting each other a small gift instead of chocolate these days. Admittedly 3 of us are banded and we're all adults, so we don't have to worry about keeping any kidlets happy with sweets.

Its really none of anyones business why you're not eating it! I'm with the others, tell them to mind their own business!

wat will i tell ppl when im not eating easter bunnes on easter day... im normally into them the second i wake up?

I do tell people I'm dieting (and I am!) even though I don't tell people that I've gotten the band. That way they understand and don't keep pressuring me to have something to eat. I stick like glue to my diet and don't have even a taste of something like chockolate, bread, potato etc..

Over TG & xmas (pre-band) I made sure that there was Protein for me to eat if it got to be lunch time and everyone else was having the "snack round"...I made teriyake chicken on a skewer and sprinkled with sesame seeds...no one even noticed that I didn't have all the junk that they ate! At dinner time it was much easier to just choose the Protein and veggie.

It was empowering at the end of the day to know I stuck to the right foods, and to think of all the terrible calorie counts that everyone else ate!

Hmm, as much as I agree with the telling them to eff off thing - if that's not something you could do and you don't want them to know you have the band or if you don't even want them to know you are watching your weight - tell them you have a cavity or something and that you're trying to get into the dentist asap and he's said to avoid sweets cuz it aggrevates it or something? lol, sorry that's the best I could come up with, everyone knows I have my band.

You could make things like deviled eggs (lite mayo). My mom always did that on easter with the eggs we'd colored. And have veggie sticks like carrots and celery n' stuff like that. You know, rabbit food :(

some alsome suggestions thanks so much... lol although im un likley to tell them to beeo beep it up there ass..lol thanks rain...

but i will say something along all of ur lines... thanks alot was worrying me for a day or to... ta xx