Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Shar, you are right and I thought that might be a part of the problem. We run a ministry and don't really have to many days off and weekends are our busy time but today we did go for a ride and see the leaves. It was nice but I cannot believe how exhausted I am. I want something to eat so bad and it is not because I am hungry. I am just programmed that way. I going to sit down to dinner with my husband and at least pretend there is some semblence of normalcy.

We need to get some girls together to see "The Women". Sounds like a good chick flick.

The girls that have already had the surgery, do you still count the Protein grams per day religiously ? I suppose after awhile, you can probably automatically gage w/o any problem if you have had enough per day or not.

***another thing i have been doing is putting salsa over my cottage cheese- it makes it so yummy

Val, is cottage cheese counted as pureed food time ?? Is it small enough to get thru ?

shar

Linda, sounds good.. I am in Bflo at least 3 days during the week.. I would luv to see that Movie.. I know my husband wouldn't like it.. Maybe we can get some of the others to join us.. Sounds like a good time. Hope you are feeling better.

FYI--my husband and I went to dinner last night and I ate healthy.. no carbs and much Protein, but even that can't be for awhile post op.. Seems like thats all I have been thinking about. I think I am going to have a hard time too.

shar

shar

i dont count my Protein but i always have protein with each meal and always eat my protein first. when i was on pureed i initially did puree the cottage cheese but if you get friendship whipped cottage cheese you shouldnt have to

val

i saw the movie it is great- id see it again!!!!

hi all,

just a quick post here im doing alright go on the 28th of this month to find out if i get a date. all tests are done. still on sb and going to the gym 5 days a wk. seems like im nol loseing as fast as at first. seems like im losing inches. my clothes are alot looser.

will keep everyone posted. i'm glad that everyone is doing so well im able to read everyone's post from my phone just cant reply. we have alot of my names as well. welcome everyone.

Hi everyone, I am so bumbed out, remember, i didn't lose any weight 4_14_6.gif for 4 weeks, and then i got a fill 2 weeks ago, and the first 5 days, i lost 4 lbs, well, since then I put 2 back on and haven't lost anything since. I am tight in the a.m. but still can't eat much the rest of the day. Little portions several times a day. I've been more active than I've been the last several years, but I can't lose weight. any advice, I'm totally baffled!

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNxdm117YYUS

Write down everything you eat or drink. If you are not losing then you are eating at least 1500 calories a day. If you are gaining then you are eating more than that. Remember, you have to eat 3000 calories to gain a pound! Write it down faithfully.

Hoffman does tell me little portions many times a day.

I do not think I have lost much since my fill, will check my weight on Weds. However, I do eat too much, too big and too fast.

NBuffalo girl--I have never been able to get anyone to quote how many grams of Protein you are supposed to have daily once you are off the protein. I have tried to pin the nurses down, but I do not have an answer. I eat my protein first, so I know I am getting enough. I am not getting enough vegetables.

Thanx Judy, I guess i am just procrastinating about the whole food diary thing. I don't know the caloric count on some things either, so sometimes its hard to keep count. I just had a slice of ham and a piece of provolone cheese rolled up, and pb'ed and slimed it up. gross, how can i be gaining weight. maybe it is Water weight, ya right lol!!

Hey kids!

Judy--no, I didn't get to the park, I was out way late on Friday/Saturday It doesn't happen often but it was my best friend and I's birthday celebration.

I'm having major issues in the morning; band, I'm glad you are as well (well, you know what I mean). I don't get a fill until the 4th, and I do think I need it, but the morning is VERY difficult for me unless I eat cream of wheat, and sometimes even that is an issue.

This morning I tried to eat a piece of ham and swiss, rolled up like you, and I have been sitting here for 20 minutes burping and pretty much dying. This happens with eggs, hard boiled eggs, anything in the morning. Meanwhile I can eat like a banshee which sucks during the rest of the day. Then I hurt all day though from my body trying to rid itself of whatever is stuck. My nose is currently running and my head is killing me. I wish it would come up in a PB. But this is seriously going to curb my eating in the morning, and I PROMISED The Hoff I would eat Breakfast every day!!

Gahhhhhhhh.

Band and Bloom-now first let me tell you I am not going gangbusters with weight loss, but with regard to PB and sliming--I eat too fast, I think I have finally modified that bad habit. Just keep trying to eat slow and smaller. You are eating good Protein it seems. I have to tell you I have the most problems with protein. Cake goes down easily, LOL.

eggs should not be getting stuck though, so if they are talk to the Hoff, you may be too tight.

Everyone else should chime in with their opinion, but I am pretty sure that when the stuff gets stuck it is either too big or you ate too fast. As a reminder, the clinic says if you get something really stuck, you need to go back to liquids for the next 24 hours, as your opening is swollen. Also, if you feel like something is stuck, stop eating, as you will only pile food on top of what is stuck, you could end up damaging your exophagus or even your band.

Oh my gosh I am really banded. Oh I knew I was from the holes in my belly and the pain but today I was put on pureed and when it came time for lunch I realized I had just finished a drink. Opps. Gotta get a completely new mindset! For those of you still waiting I am on puree today for one week and then soft for 4 weeks. I start solid foods the day before Thanksgiving. Good Luck! LOL

I am still not hungry so it is hard to comprehend eating but I did puree some cottage cheese for lunch. A whole 2 ozs! NoBuffaloGirl, you add some liquid to everything you puree to help it be thinner. I will still have one shake a day with Protein Powder. It is so hard to think about food when you are not hungry. I am beginning to wonder if I am cut out for all this planning for eating. My brain is on overload.

I bought a food journal to start with this new process. So much to think about. But I am losing weight and haven't gone back on diabetes medicine yet. Yeah