Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Does anyone know where to get Greek yogurt? I read about it in a lot of other posts and it sounds delicious and like it has a lot of uses.

Perhaps, if we do have a get together, we can also have a recipe exchange.

Linda---you can get greek yogurt at Wegman's. And at the Lexington Co-op. It's good stuff. I'm all about recipe exchanges; I am the WORST cook ever. I'm eating so badly right now---meaning, I'm still on mushies pretty much because I got so used to that and I don't know what else to do. I definitely need to do a search or something. :smile2:

I would definitely try to steal a few minutes of Dr. Hoffman's time at the seminar if you can get with him. That way he knows your face, etc.

Bloom, I can not believe you dont think about eating all the time now. You are so lucky, it is all I think about. I am trying to think what was my first whole food after surgery. Hamburger I think and omelets. Now I eat everything in small amounts.

Linda, be sure to check, I do not think it is Clear Liquids after surgery, just liquids, but I could be wrong. I drank Protein with milk, banana and Peanut Butter. I also had the blended Soups. Clear would be hard, because you are still hungry at that point. But check your book, I am sure they gave this information in the handouts. Bloom, do you remember? Is it clear liquid?

I did like the designer protein. Both chocolate and vanilla, but I mixed with milk, so maybe that makes the difference. Ice too.

Linda---you can get greek yogurt at Wegman's. And at the Lexington Co-op. It's good stuff. I'm all about recipe exchanges; I am the WORST cook ever. I'm eating so badly right now---meaning, I'm still on mushies pretty much because I got so used to that and I don't know what else to do. I definitely need to do a search or something. :smile2:

I would definitely try to steal a few minutes of Dr. Hoffman's time at the seminar if you can get with him. That way he knows your face, etc.

Bloom, you said you were walking with us on Saturday, we are holding you too that!!

It's gonna have to be next weekend; my sister conned me into closing our parents' cottage with her. Which sux!!! But I would never be able to make it from Lake Ontario (in Orleans County, not Youngstown) to Delaware Park by 8 a.m.!!!

But I *will* be at the support meeting on Wednesday; it's on my calendar!!!

For me it was clear liquids & Protein Shakes made with milk. broth, sugar free Jello, Water, shakes.

And I do think about food, but only in the capacity of "what the hell am I gonna make because I'm so inept!" Right now I'm eating meat spaghetti sauce and cheese. That said, that doesn't mean I've had a few Peanut Butter cups. Damn Halloween. The good thing is, I only can eat one---and it takes me like 5 minutes!

Well ladies, let me tell you something about sugar free Peanut Butter cups, cause I had a few the other day and man oh man I was in the bathroom for 45 min. and then some. I guess the good news is if your constipated the laxatives taste yummo! lol...

8_1_233.gif Also. I got filled on tues. and for the first time I can say I have good restiction and even though It hurts like heck when it gets stuck it is worth it cause i've lost 3 lbs in three days. and if you all remember i was b**ching about my 4 week plateau, and so i am over it. good luck to everyone and just remember this time next year, we will all be thinner and much happpier ladies...

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNxdm117YYUS

Bandofgold - you have the coolest things on your site. You are gonna half to come over and get me at least a ticker!

Judy - the NP said clear liquids, but if I can't stand it and get really hungry to drink cups of Soup (the cup at hand you mentioned)

Thank you all SO MUCH for your replies and sharing your experiences!!! I am very excited to get the process started. I can't wait to get my application. I thought I read somewhere here that you may want to keep calling BGH as sometimes they don't send the application or when you send yours in they don't call you back. WOW, I can't tell you how excited I am that I finally made the decision to follow this. You all seem to be doing so well and seem really happy. I feel like I can't make this happen fast enough! :-) I just want to feel like myself again and be able to enjoy life again. I have about 100 pounds to lose and I know my BMI is in the guidelines so I am sure I qualify. Well, I will keep you all posted on my journey and live vicariously through yours right now :-)

8_1_217.gif Good luck want2bethin, this is the first step to the rest of your life. Go for it and don't look back. We are all here for you, just chime in when you feel the need...

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNxdm117YYUS

dee they taste better if u mix them with milk

Dee, I was reading my information getting ready for next week and a lot of the Protein Shakes suggest adding some sweetner. That could help. If you like cofffee add some instant coffee granulas and splenda and it will be like a latte. Yum

Dear want2bthin--I started the process in april and now I finally got my surgery date for Nov 11. The application came w/i 2 weeks and if I were you, I would call twice just to make sure you get it asap. Also, to save time, I would get the psych eval done asap as sometimes it takes 4-6 weeks to get an appointment. May as well get it done and ask them to send you a copy of the evaluation along with the doctors because I guarantee you, when you go for the clinic visit, they won't have it. I think the clerical staff there is either not on top of things as they should or they need more help because of the volume of patients. When you send in the application, keep a copy of everything you send and bring it with you the day of the clinic visit. They appreciate it. If you have had any recent xrays or any consults for arthritis, back problems, sleep studies, blood work, etc. send it also. The more you do up front, the quicker the process will be. I had it mostly all done up front and it still took me 7 months to get this far. This web site is fantastic and I did only get to 1 meeting but it helped me so much. THe girls are great and its one thing to talk to a doctor or NP for the pre and post surgery stuff but its another to talk to the actual patients. I was initially going for the bypass untill I got on this website and met some of the girls. I'm so glad that I did.

thank you all

shar

It is the mannitol in the sugar free stuff that causes diarrhea. If you watch for splenda or other sweeteners you probably wont have that problem. As you say Band, it does come in handy some time.

Vicki, I am going to Texas but when I get back we will get together again, ok?

8_1_210.gif absolutely Judy. Have a great trip, I am going to try and make this wed. meeting, does anyone know how long it runs. I've been busy running to the southern tier, Ellicotville and tomorrow Letchworth. You gals have a good one and will talk with you soon....

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNxdm117YYUS