Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Hello all

Val - glad you are recovering. Can't wait to see your results with the sleeve. If you do a picnic later on the summer or after Labor Day i would love to come meet you all!

Vicki - hey there, miss chatting with you. I'm around all weekend - touch base if you have time!

I'm going to get get my eye's measured today for contact lenses, I love my glasses but I can't wear them at work and I can't really see. Other than that I'm going to lay in the sun and do my new Water aerobic cd I got all weekend to get use to is so I don't have excuses to do it a couple nights a week after work.

My sister lost a ton of weight I think she was 250 and is down to 138. She did it in a year and all on her own. She eats a lot and is home so can work out and stay on a schedule. She is also loaded and can afford the food she eats. (I did do better when I was not working too.) But because she is loaded, she is having a full Tummy Tuck and arms done. It is all happening so fast, she just had appointment and is scheduled for July 14. I am happy for her but so jealous and sad at the same time. I just want my apron removed, I don't even want a full tt but just no means to do it or no time. Maybe in the spring I'll set money aside for it. I just can't get over meeting someone new who wouldn't be grossed out over that hanging skin.

oh well

I hope you are all having a great weekend

Greetings,

Had my banding on June 28, 2010 and was very scared... right up until yesterday I felt terrible. Today, things are looking brighter and I'm so glad I had the surgery and I'm feeling better. Still no hunger and I love that... I don't have to stop my favorite hobbies to cook and eat... I can sip my drinks while I work.

Hubby's eating only bothered me once... he had chicken fingers last night and the smell sort of gave me a yearning...for a few moments only. I made chicken broth and was happy.

I started the program at 238 and am now 220. 18 lbs since April and the scale is going down instead of it's usual trip UP.

I love Dr. HOffman. He is the most caring doc I've ever had. Makes me wish I could make him my reg. doc as well.

Anyone out there who is thinking of the surgery... go for it! You owe it to yourself to be all that you can be! You only live once.:thumbup:

hey everyone i think i should postpone our LAP-BAND® picnic. its a busy weekend for everyone. why dont we plan for august maybe or in sept after labor day? what does everyone think?

sounds good val, seems the summer is moving sooo fast..everyone is running here and there. Im glad your doing ok and i hope you do well with the sleeve, i think i would have opted for it if i had the choice, no more getting stuck and yadda yadda .lol:thumbup:

vicki, so far so good. when i came home from the hospital i was up about 6 lbs, which i expected but now i lost that plus an additional few lbs. i think if we have the picnic after labor day we will have a better turnout. the summer is so crazy

dr. h is a great guy....

hey anny i complete understand. im having surgery 6/28....can you believe on my birthday...well at this age who really wants to admit they are having a birthday...lol. mb i should tell dr. h to be extra gentle since it is my bday

What time was yours done? Mine was about 11, was supposed to be at 10 but they weren't on time. I was in 1068.

Watching other people eat hasnt bothered me a bit for some reason... I even got up to a house full of visitors for the 4th today fixed everyone a huge Breakfast got a roast going for tonight I dont know why its not bothering me... part of it Im sure is the fact that im Italian and we LOVE to feed people.... i've always been a feeder. I love nothing more than to fix food for others to enjoy. Its soooo hot out today though between all the craft booths and the paraide I think I've over done it a bit...lots of walking which is good for me I know but WAYYYYY too much heat and sun. Im in now until the sun goes down and it cools off a bit outside.

I sure hope everyone is having a safe wonderful Holiday weekend with there friends and loved ones!

~Anny

i was scheduled for 730 am, i was prob the reason yours was later. im sure mine took longer than he expected. i was in room 1054. i went home on wed

i have my postop appt tomorrow at 1130...anyone else going to be there? hope everyone had a good weekend

i have my postop appt tomorrow at 1130...anyone else going to be there? hope everyone had a good weekend

ME!!! My appt. is 8:15!

Maybe we'll get mushies tomorrow. I'm still not hungry so makes little difference to me except it would be a nice variety. Today was the first day I could actually finish my little Jello cup.

The popsicles sure hit the spot today!!!:thumbup:

I'm feeling very good now... gas gone but my far left incision is itching like mad. No... I didn't itch it... hope I don't in my sleep or something.

i was scheduled for 730 am, i was prob the reason yours was later. im sure mine took longer than he expected. i was in room 1054. i went home on wed

I went home on Tuesday around 1 pm. Had I known I would have walked down to visit you!!!

When I got there they said... we were expecting you at 6;30.... your surgery was for 8:00. I felt terrible because we sat in the car until 8 because I didn't want to be too early. When I got home I rechecked and sure enough they told me to be at the hospital at 8 and surgery at 10.

I didn't go until 11. He did say there was a complication with the previous surgery. I never heard of the sleeve. I'll have to Google it.

Edited by Barbee

well u prob will get to go on to mushies. i already know i have another week of liquids. im sure the office screwed on the appt times. they screwed up on my follow up appt. my letter said it was 7/3. so i figured it was either 7/2 or 7/13. so i called them and it was 7/6...they mess up on a lot of things. yes im sure i was the reason ur surgery was delayed, he couldnt do the band so i had the sleeve. so im sure that took a bit longer

I'm not sure how long my appointment will take, but if I have to see the dietitician and stuff and it gets close to 11, I'll look for you!

I hope Dr. H is having a wonderful vacation... he deserves it, can you imagine all the surgeries he does? There was a man on our floor that my hubby visited... had the gastric bypass the same day we had ours. That's 3 in one day!!!!

well, im six weeks since my last fill which left me little room for a lot of food, but for some reason, i actually gained. I started Atkins 8 days ago, phase 1 and have lost about 7 or 8 lbs. I cant believe I allowed myself to gain 30 lbs after the band revision, how stupid is that!!, anyway, dwelling over it is not going to help, but i never thought i would have to do atkins again after the band... :thumbup:

OMG... is this common? I really thought the band was the answer and I'd not have to diet anymore.