Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Hi everyone, I went to have a swallow test and everything is perfect with the band. Now if I could just fix the emotional eating. I still have the fluttering so I went to the primary doc who put me on a stronger acid reflux med. Not helping yet. I leave in the morning for the OH conference in Chicago. I suspect there will be a lot of GBS patients but hopefully the seminars will apply to both types of patients. I am really hoping they address the emotional eating and I come home feeling stronger and ready to move on. To quote Rain. THIS IS NOT THE EASY WAY OUT!

Linda,

Its nice to hear that there is nothing wrong with your band. Have fun at the conference and fill us in if you learn anything. I wonder what kind of food they will have hmmm..

Rain

p.s. your right its NOT the easy way out its damn hard!

Got that right, a friend of mine's daughter had gastric bypass exactly one week before i got my band and she has lost 160 lbs and had her tummy tucked and going for the breasts in sept....I still believe I chose the right surgery for me, but man oh man i envy her progress. she has put it all behind her now and I am still stuggling.

Linda, I know how you feel about the head hunger and Rain is right oh I made a funny, You know the saying, "right as rain" lol, any way, I know it is because I have felt deprived and I know it will go down without getting stuck, so I do eat things now I wouldn't before, but I must stop. Talk to you soon, vicki

Well I am off to the conference. It is for GB and Lapband patients so I am very interested in what food they will have for both the cocktail hour and lunch. Saturday night there is a host of sugar free deserts. Today there is a clothing exchange. I am taking a ton of clothes.

Vicki, your friend lost the weight quickly but it is very very easy to put it back on. I cannot tell you how many bypass patients after a few years are looking into more surgery. Plus we will stay healthy! No malabsorbtion problems. We are doing it the right way - slow and (sometimes) steady.

i am also on my way to chicago for the conference...i think it will be good. there are speakers specifically for the lap band plus i have never been to chicago. i am also bringing clothes for the exchange but since i had to pay for checking in bags im not bringing a ton...lol

have fun at the conference girls and please do let us know what they serve...I am very curious...vicki

I got my band 07/14/08. Saw Dr. Hoffman Tuesday (06/09/09) and got my 2nd fill. I finally feel restriction! Not bad like a few of you experienced - but it's there! I was beginning to doubt restriction was a real thing! Got a bad itchy rash from the injection, I think maybe from the numbing stuff...

I'm down about 60 lbs. Not bad but sooooo slow!

I know what you mean about being so so slow !! But, I'm still not sorry I had this done.

The support group meeting is this wednesday.. Is anyone going to be there ?? The last one was a very good meeting.. For the most part they all are.. I am looking forward to it.

shar

I got my band 07/14/08. Saw Dr. Hoffman Tuesday (06/09/09) and got my 2nd fill. I finally feel restriction! Not bad like a few of you experienced - but it's there! I was beginning to doubt restriction was a real thing! Got a bad itchy rash from the injection, I think maybe from the numbing stuff...

wow, czarbaby, I can't believe you have been doing this on just 1 fill, how many cc's do you have now total. Congrats on the weight loss. vicki:thumbup:

Well I am back. I took an early flight. Laurie and Val are still in Chicago. It was fun. The speakers were good and the people really nice. They served a lot of fresh fruit and for lunch had cold cuts and cheese and bread for sandwiches and salad and marinated veggies. It was a buffet. It was interesting seeing how different people eat such as some can eat bread and some cannot. It was inspiration to meet people with Lapbands who have lost over 100lbs and are still losing. There was a fashion show of members and their before photos were posted on the screen. At the end the ladies in the fashion show had lost a combined total of over 1,000 pounds! You could tell they were proud of their new bodies. I learned a lot and have a lot to process and oh - surprise surprise - I bought a few more books. LOL!

I will miss the support group meeting because the grandkids are in town and we are going to Great Wolf Lodge in NF Canada for an overnight stay. I will miss you guys but the grandkids who live in NC win!

I have 2 cc's in my band. Dr Hoffman says slow is better - in both fills and weight loss. I read the posts on this thread every day and it helps me stay on track - or at least get back on track when I stray! I thank all of you!

the conference was great! i really enjoyed it. friday night they had cheese and crackers, shrimp, chicken and some other thing. Breakfast sat was fresh fruit and hardboiled eggs. lunch was sliced cold cuts whole wheat bread(which i cant eat), salad, cheese, grilled veggies..know there were other things but maybe linda will remember. sf Desserts were Cookies and Jello. it was great hearing the speakers and networking with others. i would def attend again

I cant believe that the support group meeting is this week. How fast does a month go? Im pretty sure I will be there.