Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

i feel good! the nurse at bgh gave me ice packs while i was in the hospital for on the incisions and that helped alot! just take it easy and dont rush things, i tried cleaning too soon after and boy was i hurting!

Excellent to hear!

I was thinking about that. I'm a legal secretary, which is not exactly manual labor, but it can entail moving heavy files and running around a lot. They, of course, want me back to ASAP after surgery, but I'm worried about going back to soon.

Plus, since I haven't had a vacation in six years, it would be nice to have a *little* time off. :redface:

Good look and keep me posted!!

Well you girls convinced me. I think Im too tight and have been getting stuck a lot lately and barfing, so Im going to go get an unfill. Hate to do it but I dont want to end up with bigger problems.

Just got back fro the drs, I got 1cc taken out and am now at 5cc total. Hope this helps Im nervous it was too much taken out.

Shar,

yeah I lost 5lbs sine May13th but it wasnt worth it. It sucks to be stuck after two small bites of food. Not everything got stuck but the majority of stuff did. I spent more time in the restroom at a restaurant than at the table. I will let you know if I have any restriction from this unfill. I sure hope I do. I only wanted Laurie to take out .5 but she took out the whole 1 cc.

Shar,

yeah I lost 5lbs sine May13th but it wasnt worth it. It sucks to be stuck after two small bites of food. Not everything got stuck but the majority of stuff did. I spent more time in the restroom at a restaurant than at the table. I will let you know if I have any restriction from this unfill. I sure hope I do. I only wanted Laurie to take out .5 but she took out the whole 1 cc.

I hear what your saying Rain, I got more public toilet Water in my face than I care to think about. in the bathroom at restaurants every 10 min. yuk!!! Well, I feel like an eating machine, I am eating everything in sight. What is wrong with me, I'm like a food addict unleashed...I have to stop or I'm going to be huge again. I also had 6 cc and then 2 weeks ago, barb took out .4 and now dr. H took 2.5 and so now I only have 3 cc left. it will probably take all summer to get to 5 cc the rate dr. H fills.

You know sometimes this band is a pain in the butt. Its so hard to get it just right. I guess if any newbies are reading this its a lesson that its not a miracle and it takes some hard work and patience.

i had to do tha t rain...i was miserable and i thought id lose more weight being tight but i didnt...it wasnt worth it

Excellent to hear!

I was thinking about that. I'm a legal secretary, which is not exactly manual labor, but it can entail moving heavy files and running around a lot. They, of course, want me back to ASAP after surgery, but I'm worried about going back to soon.

Plus, since I haven't had a vacation in six years, it would be nice to have a *little* time off. :blushing:

Good look and keep me posted!!

i was only going to take 2 weeks but then figured that the letter they gave me to give my employer said 2-4 weeks and i have the time so im taking it and making sure im better. 1 more week off! and i dont want to go back! lol

I have gained 7 lbs in 5 days what am I going to do, there is food everywhere....picnics, benefits, dinners, etc help.. I can't seem to get it together, and stay focused and not eat everything now that i can..should i call the doc before i gain another 50 lbs

Ok Vicki,

I feel ya. Ever since my slight unfill Im up 3 lbs since Friday. We just have to focus. We can do it togther. Im trying to do just what got me to lose the first 70lbs Protein. eggs for Breakfast, chicken salad for lunch. cheese sticks for Snacks.< /p>

Im not sure where to post this but I was hoping someone could help me, my mother is looking to get the lap band but her doctor just retired and doesnt have a physician to refer her for so I was hoping someone could give me some good names. My doctor is currently not accepting new patients, we live in Niagara Falls. Thank you for your time.

Ok Vicki,

I feel ya. Ever since my slight unfill Im up 3 lbs since Friday. We just have to focus. We can do it togther. Im trying to do just what got me to lose the first 70lbs Protein. eggs for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch. cheese sticks for Snacks.< /p>

Oh Rain, It is so hard. I am now up 10.5 lbs and its only been 1 week since he took out the fill. I go to bed every night and swear I am going to gain control again and eat small protien filled meals and everyday i screw up again. I can only hope that dr.h will give me back a little more restriction so I have a little help. I am keeping my eye on you and hope we will conquer this together. It seems like such a long journey....:ihih:

Vicki,

Two words for you.

THAT SUCKS!!!!!

But on a more serious note Vicki, I do understand its kinda like being freed from food jail. You couldnt eat it before b/c of the band but now you can eat it again and you missed it. Unfortunatly the band did not fix the food issues in our heads. My only advice is to think we dont want to be where we were in the first place so go on S.B. until Dr H can fill you. Its only food and we can live with out it. Good luck I lost one of the lbs I gained and know in my head that getting to 199 is more important than eating ( or so I try to tell myself)

Rain