Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

I paid Suburban $200 up front, but they returned it when I canceled and went to Lelito. He billed my insurance about $800 for the evaluation.

Judy, I can't believe they charge 200.00 for the session.. I said 100.00 because the morning of my appointment, my Mom had a heart attack and I couln't make it so in order for me to reschedule the appointment, I had to pay 50.00 over the phone or they wouldn't give me an appointment.. I assumed it was half..

Hope you girls had a good time at the trott and for thankgiving.. Its been 2 1/2 weeks and today I felt my first weight loss. I am going to Montreal for a funeral and packing some clothes and found that none of my suit jackets fit me. YEH !!!

shar

Shar--Yes, I had to pay the full 200 up front, maybe your insurance will cover the rest. Call them to confirm so you are not surprised. I was very surprised when the testing by Lelito was $800--sure glad I did not have to pay that myself. also, remember to check the place right behind BGH, Lisa can give you the name. Perhaps they will accept your insurance in full.

I am sad because I was able to eat a whole plate of food today (my third Thanksgiving dinner). Gosh it will be so hard to be good again.

Take care.

Judy, I can't believe they charge 200.00 for the session.. I said 100.00 because the morning of my appointment, my Mom had a heart attack and I couln't make it so in order for me to reschedule the appointment, I had to pay 50.00 over the phone or they wouldn't give me an appointment.. I assumed it was half..

Hope you girls had a good time at the trott and for thankgiving.. Its been 2 1/2 weeks and today I felt my first weight loss. I am going to Montreal for a funeral and packing some clothes and found that none of my suit jackets fit me. YEH !!!

shar

hi all just wanted to say hi and let everyone know i go in the morning for my pre-opt testing. i feel nervse still the closer it gets. im at the count down 14 days and a wake up. dont know what they do at the pre-opt can anyone tell me how there's was.

Well, I did it! I ate very little food this week with the holidays and my family here all week, eating out just about everyday, but let me tell you that what i did eat was very caloric .. a taste of this and a bite of that and I have managed to gain a few lbs. oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, does it ever end, the battle that is. I feel like food is my enemy, and my whole world seems to revolve around it now. I am always in a battle with the enemy. I wish I knew how to make peace with it and make it all better, but I guess that is wishful thinking since it hasn't worked for all these years.

congrats to bloom and judy at the turkey trot, yeah!!!!!

It seems so hard to restart phase one now that I fell off the wagon. See, already I am thinking about the enemy again...

it's going to be a long winter....

Vicki, you brought up an interesting point - phase 1. I too ate/eat more than I should and I was thinking of how successful I had been on Phase 1 to shed the pounds. But we are eating less that Phase 1 and I suspect nothing that isn't allowed on phase 1 such as no bread, potatoes, Pasta etc. so how could it help? If you have any ideas let me know.

Think of the positive you are almost half way there! You have lost 61 pounds!

And you are my computer hero. I have tried too many times to count to put a ticker on my site and cant and you have all kinds of interesting things on yours. Next time your in South Buffalo you can come to my house and put a ticker on my site!! LOL

China, you probably had the preop by now but it is nothing, just the normal stuff. I would suggest when you go for your pre-op appointment next week at the WLS center to insist they give you the post op diet instructions. I didn't get them until 1 week after surgery so I couldn't get ready for it. Good luck.

China...definitely ask for the postop instructions! I didn't get them either!!!

hey linda & bloom,

im gonna ask for it for sure. also can ya tell me what is the list of things you need 4 da surgery or maybe that is afterwards. got the vit. gas x, pill crusher. what else is needed.

Im back on South Beach phase 1 as of this morning. Although my band doesnt like bread I keep trying. This way I wont eat it or french fries on South Beach. Plus at the end of February Im going to South beach for real and won't mind being thinner than now.

hey linda & bloom,

im gonna ask for it for sure. also can ya tell me what is the list of things you need 4 da surgery or maybe that is afterwards. got the vit. gas x, pill crusher. what else is needed.

China, unless you have no one to pick up something for you, don't buy a lot. I never used the gas x or hardly any of the Soup I bought. I bought liquid tylenol, Vitamins and Calcium and thats it. I wasted a lot of juices and Soups that I never touched. Oh and don't forget the Protein powder!

hi all,

went for my pre-opt testing today wasn't that bad. go for the final weigh in on the 8th. tell me something how much has everyone lost on sb the first wk only if any. and linda i dont plan on buying much. thanks all.

I am one of the lucky ones and lose between 6-8 pounds on Phase 1. In fact a lot of my 18 pound wieght loss is from the pre op diet and then the liquid phase. I don't think they should count that when considering a fill.

I am one of the lucky ones and lose between 6-8 pounds on Phase 1. In fact a lot of my 18 pound wieght loss is from the pre op diet and then the liquid phase. I don't think they should count that when considering a fill.

Linda, thank you soooo much for your incouraging words, I think I had a tear or two. I was having a pitty party and your encouragment really helped.

As for the ticker, I to had a problem, and my daughter e-mailed me and told me how, so here goes, and if you still can't get it, I would feel privilaged to come and help you out. so first, go to tickerfactory.com, and put in your info and password. then pick your ticker and press next and then pick your little dohickey that moves across the ticker keep pressing next until it says you have completed it.. then place your mouse arrow over the ticker and press the right button on the mouse and a thing will pop up and then press copy...then come back to this web site and go to cp upper left corner and it will take you to all your personal info. click on change signature and place your mouse arrow over the box and click copy again with the right clicker, your ticker should be there! good luck and don't fret if its not there, I will show you once and you will be an expert.....vicki

Edited by vicki's band

i lost 9 pounds on sb phase 1. Unfortunately gained about 2-3 back this last weekend from thanksgiving and actually not eating enough over the weekend.