Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how many cc's for restriction 14cc

How many cc's for restriction 14cc  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How many cc's for restriction 14cc

• 13 or 14

Just wondering how many cc's gave you restriction?

I have a 14cc band. Have had 3-fills so far totaling 6cc. No restriction yet. So I am not sure. I am hoping the 4th fill will work. I am getting frustrated as I am not getting any restriction or losing any weight.

How about yourself or anybody else out there?

Hi DLew,

Thanks for replying. Well, I haven't yet had my first fill (due 3/7). Wow, so how long did the doc take to give you the 2 after the frst one? I am right now "trying" to muster up some willpower because I have no restriction (hardly). I guess I'll have to be whiteknuckling it for a long time.:thumbup:

p.s. don't let the tracker fool you; most of that happened for 8 months before I got banded!

Hi, I am now at 9 cc's with a lot of restriction. Just got that fill yesterday and I am on liquids, but had a hard time getting yogurt down.

I was at 7 cc's for a while and felt some restriction, but was able to eat even pizza as long as I went slow. I didn't want the opportunity to even eat breads!

I believe that 9 is going to be tough for me, but I need tough.

I have a cruise in 5 weeks!!!

Congratulations Para, thats encouraging. Keep up the good work and enjoy your cruise.

I Have 6 My Doc But In During Surgery. It Is So Tight. I'm Hope When I Go Pack For A Check He Takes Some Out.dam Water Hurts. Please Tell Me It Gets Better.

oh wow fur, when where you banded? Could it still be swelling from surgery? I've heard of doctors putting in a fill at the time of surgery, but I didn't know they put in 6 (I'm not sure if my doc filled me during surgery, or if my band was that new prefilled 3cc band). I guess I'll find out on 3/7. Hope it gets better!

Regards,

Alfie

Hi Alfie,

I was banded on 11/5/07. First fill was on 1/18/08 with 3cc. Second fill 1-week later on 1/25/08 with 2cc. Last fill 2-weeks later (only becuase I was very busy) on 2/1/07 with 1cc. My fills a relatively close together. My doc says that if I don't feel any restriction with 3-5 days then to comoe back for another fill. I am going back to see him on 2/25/08. I will get another fill then.

I have a 14ml band. I felt some restriction for a couple days at 5ml fill, and now am feeling restriction again at 6.8 ml. I didn't want to answer the poll, though, because I'm pretty sure as soon as I lose a few more pounds I'll need more fill to increase restriction again :-)

I have had two fills in my 14 cm band. First one at 5 weeks post op was 5.9cc and I felt pretty good. No hunger for about 4 hrs. Just got another small one (another 5 weeks later) for a total of 6.2cc. Feels a little tighter. I just make sure to stop eating at the 1st sign of fullness and then no hunger for 4-5 hrs. I know I could eat more but I don't. I don't have problems with any food except for soft bread.< /p>

I had a 14ml band fitted in Feb 2007. 1st fill was 6 weeks later - 4mls. No restriction but slowed down my eating a little. I then had another 2 fills that did very little. 4th fill at end of September 07 taking it to 8.5mls. Good restriction and I lost 13 pounds - then it all disappeared! Had another fill last week taking the fills to 9.75 mls. All ok so far!!:wub:

I have the 14 cc band(9/07). Fill #1= 3 cc (12/07). #2=1 cc (1/08), #3=2cc(1/08) total of 6cc. Scheduled 3/3 for fill #4. #3 does feel tight in the a.m., but as day wears on, loosens up. Still can eat pretty much anything as long as I chew enough. Still looking for the time when I CAN'T eat breads. That will be a GREAT day.:wub:

I was banded on Dec. 5, 2007. Had my first fill (2cc) in late Jan. 2008. I feel almost no restriction. Going back for second fill on March 5. In the mean time am operating on will power. Sure hope I get restriction soon.

Skip

Oh wow, this 9cc fill is really tough! I have been eating things like Soup, yogurt, and stew, and even the stew beef, all chewed up, is tough! This is really good restriction.

Everyone who has tried, knows that eating chips is EASY, but I had about 4 corn chip (fritos) a little bit ago, and it feels like im gonna bring it back up!

Is this too tight? I am able to eat beef stew...I haven't had the guts to try chicken yet, but that was my main source of Protein prior tothis fill.

I am also able to eat a Protein Bar, as long as the bites are tiny and i chew them up really well.

I got my third fill, bringing me to 9cc about three weeks ago. The first week I was so tight I would pb on pudding, shakes or applesauce. I stayed on liquids for a few days and then moved to mushies. Just take it slow and it will get better. I ate a spaghetti and meatballs last night! Not very much, less then a 1/4 cup but it felt like a feast to me! Also, try to eat standing up, it really helps.