Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 14th!

march 14er here also. Feeling human today. Friday and Sat. ouch!!!!!!

No more gas, just uncomfortable in the mid-section. Had hernia repair also. Just taking it easy.

Hi, I have been reading messages, but this is my first sent message. I had lapband surgery on March 10 also with a hernia repair. My question is for others who recently had surgery combined with hernia repair. Do you have a large bruise on your stomach below the major incision for the lapband?

The only bruise i have is from the IV in my arm.

Hi

I am a March 14th bandster also. Yesterday I was really sore. Broke out that abdominal binder from the hospital and took some liquid tylenol - that seem to help some. Today I am feeling terrific. No pain meds since yesterday.

Yesterdays meals consisted of strained egg drop Soup for lunch, a couple of bites of sugar free Jello for dinner and an all fruit popsicle later in the evening.

I'll start my Protein shakes today.

I too had a hernia repair from a previous surgery.

Good to know that my stomach isn't the only one talking. It's full of fluids - even though I am just short of my 64 oz that my doc wants me to intake.

Lord knows I need at least that much seeing as how they had a heck of time finding a vein to put an IV in or get blood from.

The hospital stay is something I would like to soon forget. Roommate from hell who stayed up all night talking to herself, me and anyone who passed by the room. Her overhead light never went off the entire time I was there and the hospital vampires took joy in sticking me to start a new IV at 2 am. I working on each of my arms.Then there was the 4 am need to go to the bathroom but couldn't get anyone to come and help me out of the bed. I managed to get there by myself but paid the price getting out of bed... Some one showed up 1.5 hours later. good thing it wasn't a true emergency. 11 am that morning, I stationed myself at the nurses station until they paged one of my doctors and I saw him walking down the hall. Although the morning hospital crew was great, I needed to be home to get some rest.

Just glad that part is over and I can continue the weight loss journey.

Yes, I also have a large bruise over my major incision and the area around my navel is pretty bruised also.

My arms are bruised all over from all of the IV attempts.

Well, when I figured out that i was off the gooood pain med and was only gonna get the roxicet every 4 hours like at home, I was ready to bust outta there. I Swallowed whatever they wanted me to, walked wherever i needed and peed into whatever the wanted me to so i go home....Got home 10 hours and 40 minutes after the surgeon was finished...had a ROUGH couple of nights, last night was better since I'm able to sleep on my side with my snuggle pillow...doing liq Tylenol during the day and saving the roxicet for night...trippy dreams.:biggrin:...WHOA!!! Just took a short ride and debating returning to work tomorrow...don't wanna waste my time off on being ill...wanna use it for actual fun stuff to come... still hurts to get up and down from the chair but hope that will get better tonight so i can get back to work soon...Gotta shuffle those papers!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck every one!!!

Thanks to everyoen who responded regarding the bruising. I feel better knowing that it is normal. I had the surgery exactly onew eek ago today and my stomach area is still sore and I am still taking the pain medicine.

This day has really been a step up. Surgery was 3-14. I haven't taken any pain meds since Sat. Gas is for most part not an issue any longer. Just sore in the mid-section moving around. Get a little burpy even when I am just doing liquids, but I am making good progress in the feel good department. Get tired and need to rest from time to time. Each day seems to be an improvement now.