Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thinking about an East Coast Bash

kirsten: I just sent you a PM. I would love to meet up Friday night. "The Producers" sounds fun too. I just wanna see a show while in the city.

Others that are interested in the walk the website is www.walkfromobesity.com

The registration hasn't started yet for individuals as yet. I will keep watch and when they start I will post. If someone else sees it before me then please come and post.

Manhattan Walk From Obesity 5K (3 miles) Marathon is now open for registration.

Here are some links to register. Mine is already in the mail. Any other takers?

http://walkfromobesity.com/manhattan/manhattan.pdf

http://walkfromobesity.com/pledgeform.pdf

http://walkfromobesity.com/training.php

Hello all you East Coast Bashers. Are you doing the walk or not? I know some had expressed an interest.

Also, what is the plan for the weekend. I am gonna start doing my own thing for the weekend since I already have plane tickets and if we hook up then great but if we don't that would be a shame.

Kirsten, if you still wanna meet up then let me know.

Hey Penni....i'll try to make it for the walk but that is my bday weekend and sorta tentative at best...I will however definitely join you guys for a show if its open.

Hey, My check is in the mail for the walk! Thanksf or letting me know registration was open. I still plan to meet up with you on Friday and Saturday. What did we want to do about a play. We can get seats now for The Producers (a $110 a pop) or we can get half-price tickets the day of the show (the catch is that whatever seats and shows are available is all you can choose from. We may be able to get The Producers, we may not). I live here so I can see The Producers whenever--I will go with whatever you want to do when it comes to the show. Also, what type of restaurant are we looking for- my brother and aunt are NYC restaurant nuts and can recommend something. What hotel are you staying at?

I would rather get good seats now. So pm me with an address to send a check for the show. I am not sure what hotel I am staying at yet. Still looking into that. Do you know where the Marathon will start from. I couldn't find it on the site. I mailed in my check yesterday. I will stay in New York for sure but not sure where just yet. Any suggestions?

food is not a big thing with me as far as the type. I love practically all kinds. Breads, Pasta can sometime be a problem for me. I love Indian. chicken Tikka Masala is wonderful. I am pretty easy on the food choices.

I will be coming to New York. I just booked my flight this morning.

Will not decide on a hotel in the next few weeks. I have been checking prices around town, seems as though something must be going on that weekend in NY, hotel prices are much higher then normal.

I will not be seeing a show or doing the walk,or being on any kind of schedule, there is just too much to do and see in New York for the short time that I am there. I love New York and have been several several times and still have not seen or done all that I have wanted to do. Anyone interested in meeting up with me for a drink or something please PM me and I will give you my cell phone number. Hope you all have a great time and I hope to see some of you while Iam there :)

That last comment was meant for Alexandra from New Jersey ......(don't mean to confuse ) in an answer to her offer of a support group...

So sorry I haven't "been" here in ages - been up to my eyes in end of year essays etc, and can barely remember my own name!

I haven't booked my flight for NYC yet, but am on the verge of doing so - I am waiting for my hubby to get back to me with revised corporate rate prices he can get for me in a lovely hotel in NJ - he had a contact quote him $139 per night per room back in March when I started inquiring about this, so I am just waiting to hear if this price still stands - I understand from hubby, and Alex here, that this is a lovely hotel with a gorgeous restaurant (The Madison - is that right Alex? Jeez, I'm woolly headed today!)

With two people sharing, this isn't too expensive - I can get four or five rooms at this rate, hopefully, so anyone interested please pm me and I'll organise it - It'd be so great if a bunch of us were together in one hotel, for Breakfast in the morning, and for cocktails at night too!!!! I'm bringing my bandless, but band-aware friend Debbie, and last I time I talked to her, Donali was coming here too!

Anyway - I'm definitely on board - and again sincere apologies for not being here lately!

Hi everyone,

The Walk from Obesity is going to start in Riverside Park (at 83rd Street), along the Hudson River on the west side.

Also, Penni and I are going to see The Producers on Friday evening or Saturday afternoon--anyone want to join? We'll be getting tix soon. They are $109 each.

Kirsten: Send me an address to shot you a check for the show. I am so thrilled to do the walk and the show. Gonna be loads of fun.

Hey Bright -

I'm in for Fri/Sat, if someone will share with me... I don't snore, as far as I know, and I'm a non-smoker!

The time is getting close!! Whoo hoo!!!

I got plane reservations ( arriving on Sept 22 and leaving on Sept 26 )

I got hotel reservations (staying at Wyndham Laguardia Hotel)

I am going to see "The Producers" with Kirsten.

I am doing the 5K walk on Saturday.

WHOO HOO!! Looks like all bases are covered.

Come on September!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I'm probably just going to have to play it by ear, catching up with y'all as time permits. Bright, if you and Donali are staying in Madison, I'll DEFINITELY come have dinner at the very least!