Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thinking about an East Coast Bash

Posting this here for any Jersey bandsters who might be interested. We're talking about a bash to be held the weekend of September 23-25 somewhere in NJ, close to the city. Just something to think about! A weekend of social events close to home with fellow bandsters traveling the same road.

When anything is firmed up there will be a thread in the Lounge with details. Hope to see you there! :)

Please keep me in mind when you do get the bash together. I'm scheduled for the end of this month and I know i'll need the support.

Thanks!

You know I've been thinking about an East Coast Bash as well and was thinking that Baltimore, Maryland might be an interesting place to get together. There's the Inner Harbor which is really nice around that time of year, then there's the National Aquarium, the shopping is good. Baltimore might not be a bad idea.

Tanya, Baltimore sounds great but plans are underway for NYC for this fall. I'd love to go to Baltimore, though--maybe we can do it there next time!

Alex,

Did I miss a thread or two? I thought the date had been set but I never saw they had actually decided on a place. Fill me in with any details. I dont care where we do it I just want to be kept informed cause I'd really like to try to make it.

The date is set--the weekend of September 23 - 25. But no particular place has been settled on. Don't worry, there will be a sticky thread when there's anything concrete to announce..

I live in the Meadowlands area and would also be interested in a get

together. The city is a hop, skip and jump away for me! I will keep

looking for additional threads. Thanks.

That sounds like a GREAT idea, Kirsten! How cool would it be to have an LBT contingent there! ;) I'm totally up for it, absolutely.

Just as an aside, I'll bet you can do a 5K right now. That's like 3 miles, right? You know, in NYC that's only 60 blocks. We could do it before Breakfast. :D

Having just done the 5K here in Los Angeles, I am so ready to do the one in New York. I am so totally into it. It was a blast. We gotta get some shirts though. SO how do we sign up? Alexandra wanna be the point person for this?

I don't know how to find information on the 2005 walk. Kirsten, I went to the site but all it has is information from last year. Where did you get that date info?

I'd be happy to coordinate whatever needs coordinating, sure!

So does that mean there is no walk already organized for New York? There must be. I certainly don't want to be the point person for organizing a New York walk! :D

I know my doc's office had sign-up sheets for last year's walk, but I don't have an appointment coming up. So if anyone sees the info at their doctor's office, please post it here. Thanks!!

Hey! I am so glad you guys are up for it! I just kept looking around the sight and I found it somewhere. Looks like a post came in from Gina about the walk. Do we want ot organize a walk or just be part of the NYC one? I think organizing one would be a lot of work. I guess the registration for 2005 isn't open yet.

Also, Penni60- should we have our own shirts made or can you get them from Walk from Obesity?

Alexandra---do you have a hotel for the weekend? I have a friend that works at the Holiday Inn in Springfield, NJ on Rt. 22. We could probably get a good deal through her. This nothing around the hotel though. I am not sure what you had planned but I'd be happy to help in any way. Also, how about a B&B- we could rent out an entire one for the weekend! There's one here at the shore- right by the ferry to NYC.

Okay- I'll stop talking now :-)

Kirsten, maybe your friend could get a deal on another Holiday site.

I have to admit, I don't think I'll opt for the walk, not that I don't support everyone who does, but a trip to NYC, I'm gonna be a tourist and do some serious shopping and looking forward to meeting and partying with some losers, weight that is.