Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

East Coast Bandster Bash???

HI. LGA and JFK are so close too each other. Delta and united are hubbed in LGA. Jet blue in JFK. What is the consences on what we want to do. No sense staying in a high tourist hotel area if were not going to do the tourist thing. Thoughts. I'm an hour outside the city on Long Island and I'm in the city 2-3 times a week for work so if you want me to swing by anthing to check out rates and how many are there of us. Group rates are always better.

Count me in! I just need a location so I can book my flight. Would someone close please name some GOOD hotels? I stayed at the Marriott @ Times Square one time, wow that was a nice hotel.

Alex is working on it I believe....and my husband is getting me a list of the places he stays in when he's in the area too....mind you, he said he'd bring home milk from work yesterday.....! So I'm waitin on Alex!!!!!!!!!

HarleyNana, are you OK with paying $250+ a night? If that's the budget people are thinking about, you can stay in midtown Manhattan.

Any Manhattan hotel in the fall is going to be outrageously priced. I hope no one will have serious objections to staying on this side of the river.

I knew it would be expensive, I was just sharing I had stayed there. I have no problem staying anywhere, just as long as it's clean and nice. I keep a can of Lysol in my suitcase at all times, wouldn't leave home on a trip without it.

Wow $250.00 a nite, I think it was probably $150 the many years ago I went, which really wasn't that bad splitting the cost with another person. I thought you had connections Alex, LOL. Anyone a travel agent who can get the killer discounts?

I'm cheap. I'd be flying into Newark, and then finding an el cheapo (albeit safe) hotel near whereever we plan on meeting.

I used to live in NYC and on the cliffs of Hoboken, so I'm relatively familiar with getting around. My SO may come along as he has family in Clifton. If that's the case, we'll probably stay in the HoJo's there.

I will come if I can; classes start the following Monday. I love NYC, especially Greenwich Village, Little Italy, and any live theater I can find (no Andrew Lloyd Weber, thanks). New Jersey sounds like a reasonable alternative. Anyone keen to stay in Manhattan would still be free to do so, but the rest of us could save a few bucks in NJ.

My SO may come along as he has family in Clifton.
Hey Donali, what's an SO? I gues if I thought about it long enough I could figger it out...hmmm...Nah, I'll probably feel dumb when you answer, but it sure wouldn't be the first time!!!

SO = Significant Other

Previously, SO seemed to be used more to describe a committed partner of a same sex couple - however, these days, the usage seems to be broadening to include partners in a committed relationship who are not married.

At 44, "boyfriend" sounds so highschool (although I do still use that term), and doesn't really do justice to a relationship that has moved beyond dating, IMHO. So I have gone with the flow and am trying to update my vocabularly to more adequately reflect the type of relationship we have.

We cohabitate, share similar goals for the future, share expenses, etc. Basically, for all intents and purposes, marriage without the legal mumbo-jumbo.

He does not plan on being married again (I guess once was enough for him! :)), but he's not planning on leaving me, either, so... He's my SO.

TMI? lol

OOOOOh! Of course, I knew it should have been obvious! I agree, SO sounds better than boyfriend, it defines your relationship better, but your right, I would have figured a same-sex relationship if you hadn't said "he"...I'll try to get up-to-date with you on the vocabulary. so, what's TMI? hehe (I'm serious, but tell me some other time or I'll just hijack this thread)

So, on to the East Coast Bandster Bash!

I love New York,

I would love to meet you all wherever. I have stayed in Jersey and the city..either one is fine with me. I will wait to see where you all decide on and then book mytrip, Sept 24, 25 ,26th right? Or did it change

Tara -

The get-together is for anyone - banded, unbanded, recently banded, not-so-recently banded, etc. ;) Come!!

Kathy - TMI = Too much information :)

BASH Dates: Sept 23, 24, 25 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)

ANY stage of bandster is welcome. We don't exclude anyone. Even spouses are welcome. Or in Donali's and my case SO. LOL!!

TMI = Too much information

I can stay in NY or Manhattan or NJ or on the Hudson River for all that matters. LOL!! I just wanna GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! LOL!!