Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's Reality Check Time!

Surgery Center just called. I need to be there at 5:45 a.m. and my surgery is scheduled for 7:00 a.m. Holy crap! This time tomorrow I will be banded!!!! eek.gif

I've done everything I'm supposed to do. I have everything I need. I have people praying for a successful surgery. It's all in God's (and the surgeon's) hands now.

Right now my gut feels like it might feel when getting on a roller coaster ride that hasn't started yet. You are sitting in your seat, strapped in and waiting for the ride to start moving.

I hope this is worth it. I hope I'm successful. I hope I don't regret it. I hope a year from now I can look back and say it was the best thing I ever did for myself like I hear so many others say.

Here I go!

I know how you feel. I did my heart stress test this morning. It was a releif to get that over with. A week from Friday I will be on the band wagon. It's pretty scary. You'll do fine. You've lost 17 pounds pre-op so you are on your way in good style. Take care. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Jax...you are going to do AWESOME!! You have been so well spoken and informed on these boards you could probably do the surgery yourself....LOL!! The nerves are the worst part. I can't believe how good I feel one day post op. You are READY for this and you have manifested your destiny.....TOTAL SUCCESS!! I'm passing the baton to you so you can join me in a quick and easy recovery.

Hugs,

Amy

Amy it's good to see you back on the boards. Glad it went well. I'm ready for the baton when Karen is ready to pass it on.

Take care, both of you!

Jax,

Just think tomorrow this time it will all be over and done with. You'll be fine, and I'm sending fabulous quick recovery thoughts your way!!!

Check in when you can so we know how great u did:wink2:

You will do fine.. I had the same feelings up until I feel asleep in the OR. I was so freaked out and worried but when i woke up in recovery they were all gone and i was a happy guy... Hang in there and everyone feels that way so don't think it's just you...

Thanks to all of you for your good thoughts! It's really helping. I did the big clean of the house today so I don't have to be worried about that so I guess I'm ready! LOL

My poor husband is really in for it though. We were both cleaning and he was in the kitchen cleaning it up for me and as I walked by he gave me a good hard smack on the backside! Usually I'm giving it right back to him or saying "oh baby!" LOL, but this time I turned on him and yelled at him to stop it real angry and then I started crying!!!! LOL He started giving me hugs and telling me how sorry he was and then I felt like a real heel!

I know it's all nerves, but unfortunately he is on the receiving end of it. Fortunately he is a really understanding guy. I'm really lucky to have him.

See you all on the banded side!

Good luck tomorrow I sincerely hope every goes perfectly.

I just joined this group yesterday and have been reading, reading, reading. It is awesome to see the support everyone offers.

Here are the blow by blow details from my Obesity Help blog!

Enjoy!

I'm done! Was wheeled into the OR at 7:30 a.m. this morning and was home around 11:00 a.m.

When I got there we of course had to do all the paper work. I was so nervous my stomach was really upset and I had to use the restroom. The had to call the pre-op nurse first so I could give them a urine sample so they could see if I was pregnant! Ugh. I'm 48 years old and have had my tubes tied and am peri-menopausal. But they said if I still have my cycle then they have to test. After I gave that to them I went back out in the waiting room for a few minutes before they called me in to be prepped.

They first took all my vitals and went over my medical history. Then took me to my pre-op bed where they had me get into my gown, put a net on my hair, and put on the lovely white ted stockings. They then attached three leads to my chest, a blood pressure cuff on my arm, and the things that wrap around your lower legs to inflate with air to help prevent clots.

The nurse then did my I.V. (she was very good and numbed it first then hit the vein the first time), and gave me a shot of Heparin in my tummy.

The anesthesiologist came and talked to me first, she was very sweet, then Dr. Cywes came and talked to me while Grey and Mom were there. He went down the list of what they would be doing and the post-op instructions. They had a little five year old boy there being re-circumsized (ouch!) and they said they would take him before me. My guts were so tied in knots and I really wanted to get going but I understood.

They finally took me back and my wonderful anesthesiologist nurse, Ozzie (who was a hoot), started giving me demoral and then I was a happy camper! LOL They then put the mask over my face and the thing I remembers was them waking me up in recovery. I was definitely sort and on the verge of being nauseous so they gave me more drugs cool2.gif

My mouth was incredibly dry!!!! The worst case of cotton mouth I ever had! So they started giving me Water to sip and that helped. It has continually gotten better throughout the day. The post-op nurse gave me another dose of demoral (God bless her) and then she went and talked to Dr. Cywes to see if I could go home. He said I could so I walked down to the row of recovery recliners where she took out my I.V. and gave me my clothes to get changed back into. They wheeled me to the car and I was home around 11:00 or shortly thereafter.

I am staying the first few days in the third bedroom where we have an adjustable twin bed so I can elevate my head and feet and be more comfortable. I have my laptop on a TV try by the bed and all my fluids, Gas-x (which is really helping) and other drugs. I have meds for nauseau but haven't needed them yet. I plan on continuring to take my pain meds until I feel confident that it isn't going to get any worse than this. Right now I'm just sore but no real pain to speak of at all. I try to get up every hour or two and walk around. I even helped to feed the dogs. Poor Annia is not happy. She doesn't understand why she can't be in the bedroom with me. Unfortunately, she is young and wants to jump on me and play and I can't do that right now. She is now laying outside the pet gate in front of the bedroom door protecting her Mommy.

I am just drinking Water right now as sweet drinks like Crystal Light and Propel are just too sweet on my taste buds right now. Otherwise, I am doing well and progressing nicely so far. I have five incisions including my port. Oh and I have color pictures! Nice huh? My liver looks wonderful in my novice opinion. Dr. Cywes said my hiatal hernia was huge! No wonder I've been having to take meds all this time. Hopefully no more!

So there you have it. Wham, bam, thank you Ma'am, easy as pie! thumbsup.gif

I'll write more as I progress.

Congratulations. Sounds like it went really well. I can't believe all the people that go home the same day. My Doc requires an overnight stay at the hospital.

Glad you are doing well. Get plenty of rest!

Congrats!!!! Just rest the next few days. I started feeling better after 2 days but I really needed 4 or 5 to really start feeling like myself.. Welcome to the band side.